Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

1 minute ago, Steven_ said:

They’ve been following this thread and seeing how intense we rankers can sometimes get? :dead: Or just updates from you? 😅

haha just a nice curated experience from me directly. I think. 

But now they have all been making their own Top 20 using the list on the first page. And have had lots of comments about how low/high certain movies ranked :giggle:

21 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Maybe we should have our own IDF movie club? Instead of spending a year to get a Top 20, perhaps every month or so we can each pick a movie for everyone to watch and then we rank them. 😅

Love this idea!!!

my clubbers are ranking and my rankers are clubbing :wub:

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

Maybe we should have our own IDF movie club? Instead of spending a year to get a Top 20, perhaps every month or so we can each pick a movie for everyone to watch and then we rank them. 😅

This is getting quite a few likes, so the interest seems to be there. Alex has been hosting these movie-themed rankdowns, and I don’t want to step on any toes if he wants to host this. Or maybe Derek since I got the idea from him.

3 hours ago, Steven_ said:

This is getting quite a few likes, so the interest seems to be there. Alex has been hosting these movie-themed rankdowns, and I don’t want to step on any toes if he wants to host this. Or maybe Derek since I got the idea from him.

I'm fine not hosting! 

Should we have themes for each round? Go by year? Genre? Free for all?

59 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I'm fine not hosting! 

Should we have themes for each round? Go by year? Genre? Free for all?

Maybe free for all at first, and then themes for the following rounds?

This rankdown just crowned its winner, so there's no rush for this. Maybe a couple of weeks to gauge exactly how many people want to participate? 

• Like 1

If someone wants to do it they can. My idea would be a different theme at the start of each month, starting with free. That way you can know if you want to sign up or not. Like you’ll sit out of horror month, but maybe wanna do nostalgia month. Or you’re just busy this month.

I'm curious to know what movies are in everyone's actual Top 5, and/or 10, 20+

Mine fluctuates depending on recency bias, etc... but right now I think my Top 5 would be

El Laberinto del Fauno

No Country for Old Men

Kill Bill Vol. 1

LotR: RotK

Children of Men

and since I've seen Oldboy and The Departed very recently this would probably round out my Top 10

WALL-E

There Will Be Blood

Oldboy

The Prestige

The Departed