Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

Hoodwinked! (2005)

Hoodwinked.jpg

For some reason, the first part of Wikipedia is sending me: "Hoodwinked! (alternatively styled Hoodwinked)" lol. So this movie, that may or may not have an exclamation point on the title, is exactly what you think it is looking at the poster. Some off-brand non-disney Shrek-wannabe fairytale computer animated thing. Starring Anne Hathaway, Glenn Close, Jim Belushi, and also on the list is Andy Dick so I'm already feeling great about this cut. The movie starts with the traditional Red Riding Hood fairytale we all know, except the cops show up in the middle of it. The movie goes from there. It did well enough that they made a sequel. Anne Hathaway was recast for the sequel lol she had enough

Save 300

Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (2001)

Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius film.jpg

Okay, so I don't know why I didn't know this but apparently the movie came before the TV show??? The show was a spinoff of the movie???? Why did I think that this was some movie based on the show. Oh well. Jimmy is a boy genius in grade school with a robot dog. His rocketship crashes into the house. His jetpack lights it on fire. He gets grounded. What does a boy genius do to sneak out when grounded? You'll have to watch the movie to find out. And also his satellite upsets a bunch of aliens or something. The voice actress of Tommy Pickles, the voice actress of Bart Simpson, and the voice actress of Bobby Hill were all considered for the lead voice role. They went with Debi Derryberry instead. 

Save Hot Fuzz

The inner child within me is kinda heartbroken about Jimmy Neutron and Hoodwinked leaving so early since I've watched those movies so many times, but I doubt they hold up artistically as an adult so Imma just keep my mouth shut and be relieved Hot Fuzz was saved which absolutely does hold up lmao.

Edited by Alex95

hotel-for-dogs-59be3750cb0de.png

HugePaleArcticwolf-size_restricted.gif

I am actually surprised that this movie was included in this rankdown as I've never heard of it, until now... Actually, looking at the movie poster, it does look familiar but I don't recall ever seeing the movie.  Released in 2009, Hotel for Dogs stars Jake T. Austin, also known for Wizard of Waverley Place, Emma Roberts who is one of  @aliasocfan's favourite - never forget how we were able to get her far in the acting rankdown, Kyla Pratt who we all know from Proud Family, and Lisa Kudrow.  In the movie, Emma Roberts & Jake T. Austin end up finding an empty hotel which lead to them taking in stray dogs. Along with their friends, they come up with a plan to host those stray dogs in the hotel.   The movie was surprisingly a hit at the box office but not surprising considering it was associated with Dreamworks & it was a no brainer for kids and teens. Overall, the movie looks like it's cute but I don't think I have much interest in seeing it, especially in 2022.

SAVING : A CHRISTMAS TALE

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over
AAAABS49-L1ez-Uo-Ga-RYy0s4w-FJkc-NKcmk9c
Another Spy Kids movie to be cut in this game. No big loss. Although I am sorry to Alexa PenaVega and Alexa PenaVega only for those cut. Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over was a movie that came out. The main star Daryl Sabara is now married to Meghan Trainor and done well for himself so that's good to see but these type of childhood films don't really belong long in this game because the acting is just terrible and usually the plot is pointless, predictable, boring or all of the above in this case. Nothing good about this movie so it a fairly easy choice.

Saving: Cinderella Story

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
75cdf6e5100943ce8efb2f23047fd3bc9626d602
This was a cut I was a little torn to make because it stars the incredibly talented late Heath Ledger who we lost far too soon at just 28. May he RIP. It does make me question this cut but The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus also stars Johnny Deep who I cannot stand on so many levels so I will cut a movie of his any chance I get. Sorry, not sorry. Jude Law, Christopher Plummer, Lily Cole and Andrew Garfield also star in this 2009 production.  It was nominated for a few Oscar's but it's time in this rankdown is over now.

Saving Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Edited by *Diana

DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR? (2000)

MV5BNzRmN2NjNzktOWE1My00NjVlLWFhNjYtZmFkMzM5YTA2ZTFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Dude, Where's My Car? is a 2000 stoner comedy film starring Ashton Kutcher and Seann William Scott. It's about a guy and his friend unable to remember where he parked his car after a night of debauchery. Hijinks ensue when they try to recall the events of last night. I've never seen this film before, but I remember classmates quoting the film. I don't know how it gained an audience for such a dumb movie. I guess it's because Ashton Kutcher and Seann William Scott were popular at the time. Even watching the trailer now, I know this isn't my kind of film. It just looks so stupid, and I didn't realize there was an alien subplot too. And I'm sure a lot of the jokes in this film didn't age well either. Obviously the film was panned by critics. The film has a 17% Rotten Tomatoes score. The site adds, "The movie isn't funny, the plot is too thin, and the production values feel more like a TV sitcom than a movie." I have no interest in ever watching this film, so out it goes from the rankdown.

Saving Snow Dogs.

bYbpPs.gif

• Sad 1

BAD SANTA (2003)

MV5BMjA4Njg1MDcwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzAxNjM3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Crude humor comedies are just not my kind of films. Bad Santa is described as a Christmas black comedy film. The movie stars Billy Bob Thornton as a thief who works as a mall Santa before robbing the stores at night. He has an assistant who gets a job as an elf. Thornton's character is also a sex-addicted alcoholic, and I suppose his crass behavior and now he insults the people around him is what's supposed to make audiences laugh while watching the film. I remember my parents rented this movie to watch and I was too young to see it with them, but I had no interest in watching it anyway. Critics and fans liked the film though. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 78% approval rating and says, "A gloriously rude and gleefully offensive comedy, Bad Santa isn't for everyone, but grinches will find it uproariously funny." Sorry to any fans, but out it goes from the rankdown.

Saving The Brothers Grimm.

e3b0b5fa1d70669452c6c62df7871be62d634284.gifv

the-cell-5429a5401df85.png

the-cell-jennifer-lopez.gif

Another movie that I am not too familiar with, but it seems that it stars Alex's favourite actress & singer, Jennifer Lopez. The movie was released in 2000 and it's a science fiction meets psychological horror. And along Jenny from the block, the movie also stars Vince Vaughn and Vincent D'Onoforio.  From the trailer, the plot of the movie isn't too clear until the half-way point - a girl is going missing and she is nowhere to be found but they do have the suspect. And the plan is that J.L.O's character ends up being part of an experiment where she enters the killer's world & mindset. It seems that she gets a better understanding of the killer's life and everything arounds it. Apparently the movie was a success at the box office, mainly due to its low budget, but it received plenty of mixed reviews including being inspired by Silence of the Lambs, more style than substance to the story but praised for the visuals, direction, make-up, costumes, and the performance of Vincent - sorry, none for you Jenny from the Block & Vince Vaughn!   In other words, if you like this kind of movie, just go watch Silence of the Lambs instead rather than a dollar store version.  

SAVING : LIKE MIKE

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Diana's Noms Next)

1. X-Men
2. 102 Dalmatians
3. Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
4. Jeepers Creepers
5. Rush Hour 2
6. Scary Movie 2
7. Spy Kids
8. Men in Black II
9. Anger Management
10. Bad Boys II
11. From Justin to Kelly
12. Bad Education