Maelyn is better then Bekah

fudgeyou

Maelyn is better then Bekah  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Maelyn is better then Bekah

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2021 at 04:43 PM

I don't think I could compare them, personally. They both have heavenly, ethereal voices, and it's hard for me to say that one is better than the other; both of them have different but beautiful tones.

I will say, though, that Bekah's tone works well in her trio, and I don't think Maelyn would work with a trio. I think Maelyn sounds better than Bekah as a soloist. But they just have really different styles.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I know Bekah is a good singer but man how's she TECHNICALLY and VOCALLY better than Maelyn. There have been several performances where she was underwhelming and off-pitch. Really surprised at those 12 votes.

We don't what Maelyn would have done if she had the same amount of performances as Bekah. It's not easy to be consistently great in 8 consecutive performances. Bekah is no Tess. We just don't know how Maelyn would have done if she was in a longer season like GNT. And also if Bekah was on a shorter season like Maelyn maybe GNT wouldn't have a single underwhelming performance. What if their entire run only consisted of Helplessly Hoping, Seven Brigdes Road, Witchita Lineman, Dust In The Wind, and River?

I'm not saying that Bekah is better vocalist than Maelyn. Just share my two cents on what you said about her not being consistent as compared to Maelyn.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

This is probably one of the most bizarre polls I’ve seen on IDF. I’ll say it a little louder for those in the back. Hailey Mia outsung Bekah in the duet last night. That’s not a knock on anyone. They are all competent performers. I just think it’s a little strange to even be comparing these two singers in this manner. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

Come on, it’s not fair to put Bekah against someone like Maelyn. Obviously she doesn’t compare vocally to Maelyn, but I don’t think she ever tried to. She and her brothers bring something different to the table where vocals are secondary.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Come on, it’s not fair to put Bekah against someone like Maelyn. Obviously she doesn’t compare vocally to Maelyn, but I don’t think she ever tried to. She and her brothers bring something different to the table where vocals are secondary.

Agreed. 

I think I the author really wanted to compare Maelyn and Bekah they could've set the title as "Who's your favorite act"?

• Like 1

Frankly, I doubt the sanity of anyone no voting for Maelyn. 

3 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

We don't what Maelyn would have done if she had the same amount of performances as Bekah. It's not easy to be consistently great in 8 consecutive performances. Bekah is no Tess. We just don't know how Maelyn would have done if she was in a longer season like GNT. And also if Bekah was on a shorter season like Maelyn maybe GNT wouldn't have a single underwhelming performance. What if their entire run only consisted of Helplessly Hoping, Seven Brigdes Road, Witchita Lineman, Dust In The Wind, and River?

I'm not saying that Bekah is better vocalist than Maelyn. Just share my two cents on what you said about her not being consistent as compared to Maelyn.

You twisted yourself into a pretzel trying to justify a poor decision. 

• Haha 3