IDF S21 Top 20 Ranking Results

FloorWax

I decided to waste my time and put IDF's rankings of the Top 20 on a spreadsheet to measure how popular each of the contestants are before the playoffs. I only counted the posts that ranked all twenty contestants. The scoring system will be ranked 1st is equal to 20 points, 2nd is equal to 19, and so on. Also, I will be updating this as people post their rankings. 

Contestant  - (Total pts.)

Team Kelly

Team Legend

Team Ariana

Team Blake

Here's the list:

1. Girl Named Tom (389)

2. Wendy Moten (371)

3. Jershika Maple (316)

4. Samuel Harness (299)

5. Bella DeNapoli (284)

6. Holly Forbes (279)

7. LiBianca (261)

8. Gymani (243)

9. Paris Winningham (242)

10. Shadale (238)

11. David Vogel (229)

12. Jeremy Rosado (208)

13. Lana Scott (191)

14. Joshua Vacanti (182)

15. Katie Rae (181)

16. Hailey Mia (163)

17. Ryleigh Plank (158)

18. Jim & Sasha Allen (156)

19. Raquel Trinidad (138)

20. Peedy Chavis (92)

Edited by FloorWax
  • Thanks 1

• Not surprised at the Top 2. 
  • Jershika and Paris upped themselves with their KOs I assume. Good for them.
  • A bit surprised to see Hailey and Ryleigh that low considering the praise they get here. 
  • I suspect Bella not being in the Top 3 has to do with her KO. After battles she would have likely been 1st or 2nd for many.
  • Not surprised at Raquel and Peedy being last. They have done the same thing three times in a row. They are talented, but both need to give us something more. Everyone else has done something different.

The Top 2 makes a lot of sense (Probably because of GNT’s Knockout and Wendy being one of the best vocalists ever). I’m very happy about that, since they’re my personal T2

The next bunch makes sense, because Jershika’s Knockout was well received, and Samuel, Holly and Bella have been well liked throughout the rounds (though Bella would be higher if her Knockout was better) 

Hailey Mia and Ryleigh are probably low because while many users seem to like them, they haven’t had a breakout moment like many others, which is a way to get high rankings. Hailey’s age also seems to make her more polarizing.

Raquel and Peedy being the bottom 2 doesn’t surprise me, as Raquel hasn’t really stepped it up, and Peedy’s Knockout was poorly received. Not to mention they haven’t really tried anything different

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

A bit surprised to see Hailey and Ryleigh that low considering the praise they get here. 

WHAT?? 

I mean, we may as well be reading two different forums because I have seen nothing but criticism for the two, especially for Ryleigh. 

The thing with Hailey is, her fans (like me) are very vocal about it, but that's it. She has about the same five users here praising her while everyone else seems to dislike her to some degree. 

14 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

WHAT?? 

I mean, we may as well be reading two different forums because I have seen nothing but criticism for the two, especially for Ryleigh. 

The thing with Hailey is, her fans (like me) are very vocal about it, but that's it. She has about the same five users here praising her while everyone else seems to dislike her to some degree. 

I've seen Hailey lead polls and such, along with users calling her the winner or a finalist. I knew she wasnt held to GNT/Wendy standards, but I assumed she was more liked here. Guess not.

Ryleigh has always been polarizing but I have seen great comments for the most part here, and I certainly didnt expect both Jeremy and Joshua to be above her, especially the later.

Guess I havent paid much attention to the reception for a few people lol.

Hailey is a huge underdog because of her age. Always has been, always will be. IDF hasn’t taken her chances seriously since the beginning. Also, this forum tends to engage in group think, which results in even more skepticism and reluctance to go against the flow. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Hailey is a huge underdog because of her age. Always has been, always will be. IDF hasn’t taken her chances seriously since the beginning. Also, this forum tends to engage in group think, which results in even more skepticism and reluctance to go against the flow. 

I checked a bit and there seems like there's 2 main groups when it comes to Hailey: the ones that think she has no chance and the others than think she could be Kelly's main horse and possibly win the season.

The first group might be more vocal about it, because I checked the "who's most likely to be exposed" thread. On the other hand, she's leading the poll for PV 2 in the Team Kelly predictions thread, so its clear that there is a fair amount of people who believe in her as well.

10 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s not that I don’t like Hailey but one of my fears is that she gives mediocre performances and wins because of her age 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Discovolcano said:

It’s not that I don’t like Hailey but one of my fears is that she gives mediocre performances and wins because of her age 

I did sense there was some fear among some members that she would outlast their snowflakes, but I chose to keep that to myself. You just said it for me. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Raquel is apparently doing a slow song next week. Changing it up is neccesary. I think she could win people over (including myself, after the pre season hype I had for her) depending on what the song is (hope its something jazzy).

Hope Peedy changes it up too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Discovolcano said:

Carter beat some pretty amazing vocalists

Ok, but he is a pretty capable vocalist himself. 

Yes, age is a factor in making it far or even winning this show. BUT, so is genre, gender, race, coach, etc. And i have to say that vocal talent is also a big factor, even if some of you don't believe this

By that logic, if contestants win only because their age, then, why Kat, Hello Sunday, Megan or Allegra didn't advanced to the finale?? All four lost to black women in their 30's/40's in the Instant saves. Yes, age play a factor but you also need to have talent and be consistent as well, or otherwise, you will fall short.

• Like 1

Okay, but literally why would you not like a contestant for outlasting your favs lol. They're literally just performing and the audience happens to like them more. 

edit: Hailey is not a fav but I thought she did a pretty respectable job in both her solo performances. I actually have her ranked 12th.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I did sense there was some fear among some members that she would outlast their snowflakes, but I chose to keep that to myself. You just said it for me. :P

It's clearly why some don't like her. They know her potential against others.

If Hailey is going to advance, it's because she could sing live on this platform. And with a longer season, a lot can happen.

• Like 3

By the way, this is the total of points per team so far:

TEAM LEGEND : 1.163 points

TEAM KELLY: 1.068 points

TEAM BLAKE: 1.055 points

TEAM ARIANA: 914 points

Kelly has the contestant (well, contestants lol) with the most points, GNT. But the rest of her team is pretty low. Gymani just hits 10th place and she's actually tied there. The others are in the bottom 10.

John's lowest rated contestant, Joshua Vacanti, is at number 13. Everyone else's team has a contestant or two below him. Ariana has 4, which explains her low points.

The bottom 4 contestants happen to be all under 25. IDF is not a fan of the young-uns this season it seems.

2 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

It's clearly why some don't like her. They know her potential against others.

If Hailey is going to advance, it's because she could sing live on this platform. And with a longer season, a lot can happen.

Song choice and TPTB treatment is a factor too. We’ll have to wait and see what happens. It could go either way, but if she gets momentum, she will be dangerous. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Okay, but literally why would you not like a contestant for outlasting your favs lol. They're literally just performing and the audience happens to like them more. 

Lol you're talking to a forum that inmediately attacks the snowflake killers every single time they can just because they outlasted their favorites. I dont get it either, they dont vote themselves in, but sadly it happens every season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ok, but he is a pretty capable vocalist himself. 

Yes, age is a factor in making it far or even winning this show. BUT, so is genre, gender, race, coach, etc. And i have to say that vocal talent is also a big factor, even if some of you don't believe this

By that logic, if contestants win only because their age, then, why Kat, Hello Sunday, Megan or Allegra didn't advanced to the finale?? All four lost to black women in their 30's/40's in the Instant saves. Yes, age play a factor but you also need to have talent and be consistent as well, or otherwise, you will fall short.

Ya but my main point is unlike Kat or Allergra, the show keeps bringing up and focusing Hailey’s age like they did for Ava Augest on AI which will probably get her a lot of votes.

1 minute ago, Discovolcano said:

Ya but my main point is unlike Kat or Allergra, the show keeps bringing up and focusing Hailey’s age like they did for Ava Augest on AI which will probably get her a lot of votes.

Kat was 19. Older than Joanna Serenko! Viewers probably thought she was 15-16.