DWTS30 Week 6 - Horror Night Discussion Thread!

*Wallace

2 hours ago, totes4totes said:

I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel dumb. But it's just very funny to be like "the only reason this went viral is because key people are tweeting it" when yah, that's basically how anything becomes viral. And she's as influential as any mid-level sports blogger. But the blue checkmark next to her name probably helped it be seen on the algorithm.

But also, it's worth noting that LeBron tweeted out Iman's first dance and that resulted in only 952K views in the month that it's been up on the site. So clearly this routine, which already has according to my look-up just now, 819K views in less than 48 hours resonates with people. Which is really only a good thing for DWTS to have positive attention on it. (For a closer more accurate look, Wally posted the week 1 stats a few days after the show and it only had 433K views). I mean. I think the last time I saw people on my timeline tweeting this much about DWTS was when Sean Spicer was cast 😬

1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

will add: also Jojo Siwa being in the first same-sex partnership. That’s also brought more positive attention than the show has had in years. Instead of being memed for eliminating Simone Biles or casting Sean Spicer.

i think this season has really picked up the show's rep honestly, all the positive attention it's been getting lately makes me hope that they can get higher viewership & a higher budget so we can get something like 2 seasons per year or the tuesday results show back... not that iman going viral & the jojo/jenna partnership are all it takes to get the show back to how it was, maybe they can capitalize on it, idk... but maybe that's just wishful thinking 👀

Edited by ungodlyhour
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ungodlyhour said:

i think this season has really picked up the show's rep honestly, all the positive attention it's been getting lately makes me hope that they can get higher viewership & a higher budget so we can get something like 2 seasons per year or the tuesday results show back... not that iman going viral & the jojo/jenna partnership are all it takes to get the show back to how it was, maybe they can capitalize on it, idk... but maybe that's just wishful thinking 👀

Betty White turning 100 and competing on the show will be what it needs to be #1 in the ratings, don’t @ me.

25 minutes ago, ungodlyhour said:

I could give or take the results show but would like to have those back. But yesss I really miss and would love having two seasons a year back. I really miss that. :broken: 

• *Wallace unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 2:24 PM, *Lily said:

I have rewatched Iman’s Contemporary a lot. Thinking about all the pros who have lots more DWTS experience and yet have been completely outshined by our new queen Daniella

This post held up.