SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

13 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

There are only like a dozen US dancers that I actively dislike and somehow they are not only surviving cattle call but now being saved lololololol help 

I think Courtney and Koine will last for a while so take a seat and wait 😘

736full-casey-askew.jpg

Casey Askew

When I went to this picture of Casey in the "similar images" that Google likes to pop up it showed a Bates brother so that's well enough reason for me to cut Casey now. I mean, the real reason is that he sucked on his season. Sorry not sorry. I'm sure he's like a good dancer and a person I R L but he's just one of the many contestants who could have benefited from like waiting 100 years after puberty finished to go on the show. And that's partially because he's grown out his hair very long and it looks very good on him. Makes him look much older. I am clearly PRO ADULT. Anyway, he was partnered with Brooklyn. They sucked. He somehow made it ALL THE WAY TO TOP 6. HOW. I looked through his journey and there was not one routine where I remember him for being good and many that I remember him for being bad. His journey ends now.

Save Tucker

Choreo Amy

3 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

wow good thing I didn't let me time expire so you couldn't make this extremely bad take come true.

Medicine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> literally anything Casey did

oh whoops I forgot about medicine.

Casey had All of Me, Like Real People Do, and Maybe This Time which I thought were all good but IDF hates his guts for some reason lol

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

Casey had All of Me, Like Real People Do, and Maybe This Time which I thought were all good but IDF hates his guts for some reason lol

I don't remember those routines and the routines he was outright awful in were far more powerful in my memory than just contemporary routine #100000

The problem with being a good contemporary dancer while being good in nothing else is that on SYTYCD US they are a dime a dozen and the contemporary routines after 16 seasons all just feel the same. So it does have to be like a standout routine (like "Medicine" or "How It Ends") or at least better than "wow this choreography was good. wish the dancers were like 6 years older at least"

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

"wow this choreography was good. wish the dancers were like 6 years older at least"

a notable example of this succeeding is Kate and Neptune's "Promise" where like dancers like Casey/Jessica could have danced the routine and we would have been like "good routine" but because the dancers were like actual adults the routine becomes a standout.

anyway. all just IMHO.

A quick also way of making contemporary stand out more is just to make all the dances gay but Nigel won't do that.