SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

Cycle 18: Luck of the Draw

9tguiME_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grandQVpKbeH_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grandhIE6FBN_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grandDWo9A8h_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand

We are nearing the Top 20 finale for this rankdown! With fewer contestants to choose from and nowhere to hide anymore, luck plays a big part in whether a contestant will make it past the final hurdles. The partner, dance genres, and choreographers that a dancer pulls out of the hat can have a massive effect on their success.

In this final nomination cycle, we are going to let luck play a bit of a role. The rules for nominations will be done in a couple of stages, so we might as well get started while the remaining write-ups trickle in.

First, every ranker will be paired up with another ranker. I sent a randomized list of the rankers to Wallace just for an added layer of legitimacy for this crucial moment in the rankdown. I just need one of the rankers to post a list of numbers 1 through 8 paired up. Like 1 & 2, 3 & 4, etc.

@*Amanda @sublymonal @*Diana @Elliott @JC @.Rei @totes4totes @Zoey

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 18)

LOL Thank you randomizer (Alex + Diana) for giving us Diana & Elliott and Amanda & Andrew, rather than the easy reverse pairings. :dead: :giggle: Also Megan & JC sounds kinda messy too. :wub: Not sure chaotic Rei & Zoey would be but that should be fun too. :haha: 

• Haha 1

In this cycle, each ranker will each take turns nominating 4 dancers. The ranker's partner will then cut 1 dancer from the list of nominations. For example, Diana will nominate 4 dancers and Elliott will cut 1. 

Dancers may be nominated multiple times this cycle. But there will be other restrictions for what dancers you can nominate. The first restriction will be posted soon. 

29 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

In this cycle, each ranker will each take turns nominating 4 dancers. The ranker's partner will then cut 1 dancer from the list of nominations. For example, Diana will nominate 4 dancers and Elliott will cut 1. 

Dancers may be nominated multiple times this cycle. But there will be other restrictions for what dancers you can nominate. The first restriction will be posted soon. 

In no particular order, here are the 8 rounds that will happen in Cycle 18:

Diana nominating for Elliott

Elliott nominating for Diana

Andrew nominating for Amanda

Amanda nominating for Andrew

Zoey nominating for Rei

Rei nominating for Zoey

JC nominating for Megan

Megan nominating for JC

8 dancers will be eliminated in this cycle. Everyone will cut 1 by the end. However, I'm sure you don't want your partner nominating only your favorites! That could be a way for your partner to try to lock you into a certain elimination! So every ranker gets to choose 4 dancers out of the Top 36 that their partner CANNOT nominate for them. 

Rankers have 24 hours to post publicly, in this thread, the 4 dancers that they don't want their partner to nominate. If you don't post within 24 hours, I will choose the dancers for you, based on what I reasonably believe are the dancers you would have picked. Dancers can be picked by multiple rankers. 

Here are the Top 36 dancers in alphabetical order:

Anneke Ghysens 

Ariana DeBose
Artem Chigvinsev
Benji Schwimmer 
Claudia Primeau
Courtney Galiano 
Daniel Dory
Els Smekens 
Evan Kasprzak
Floris Bosveld 

Ivan Koumaev
Ivy Heeney

Jack Chambers 
Jayme Rae Dailey 

Jenna Johnson 

Jess LeProtto
Kalila Hermant
Kate Wormald
Katee Shean 
Kiki Nyemchek 

Lacey Schwimmer 
Lise Alexander
Mark Kanemura 

Mark Villaver

Matt Flint 
Melanie Mah

Melissa Mitro
Miles Faber
Nico Greetham 
Paul Karmiryan 
Robert Roldan
Slavik Pustovoytov 
Tadd Gadduang
Tamara Arruti 
Teddy Coffey
Timor Steffens 

@*Amanda @sublymonal @*Diana @Elliott @JC @.Rei @totes4totes @Zoey

I will post an additional limitation for nominations after everyone posts their 4 names. 

Edited by FrogLenzen

Why are there so many limitations on who we can nominate :rofl: we’re at the end of the game, too much safety for dancers eliminates the true essence of a rankdown especially in these final rounds as there aren’t many dancers left! In fact there are only two cuts left each it doesn’t make sense to have so much safety imo

like theres going to be an additional limitation on top of already saving 4 dancers which in the second to last round before the top 20 is excessive…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JC said:

Why are there so many limitations on who we can nominate :rofl: we’re at the end of the game, too much safety for dancers eliminates the true essence of a rankdown especially in these final rounds as there aren’t many dancers left! In fact there are only two cuts left each it doesn’t make sense to have so much safety imo

like theres going to be an additional limitation on top of already saving 4 dancers which in the second to last round before the top 20 is excessive…

I mean you're only guaranteeing them safety for one out of eight rounds lol

32 minutes ago, JC said:

make your own rankdown if you think you can better

9 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I thought the last round was pretty brutal and everyone has been losing their #1s left and right and if you look at the math final cuts are obviously next, but okay

I just thought it was weird there was another additional limitation after we are saving four dancers, I shall see what this additional limitation is before I make more judgements then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

I mean you're only guaranteeing them safety for one out of eight rounds lol

Totally - I think it's this additional secret limitation that threw me off, I was like but we already are saving four people, there's gonna be no one left to nominate for Megan and my round!

18 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Also I think if the partners were different there might be a different reaction…

Honestly there wouldn't be, I ❤️ Megan

That being said, she is not allowed to nominate:
Artem Chigvinsev
Robert Roldan
Teddy Coffey
Kiki Nyemchek

Edited by JC
  • Like 1