SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

290. Michal Maciejewski (PO6)

pic_1496584561_ff97426016d2d233f6152170ef651338.jpeg&do=rescaleOut&width=340&height=510

Don’t show my husband this photo or he’s going to wish Michal wasn’t eliminated… @Elliott

Michal was the jack of all trades on the 6th Polish season, specializing in Breakdance, Musical Theatre, Contemporary,

and Jazz according to Wikipedia. He was also quite popular, only landing in the Bottom 2 once before having to withdraw due to an injury.

For the first two weeks of his journey, he was partnered with contemporary dancer Marsha. The two of them danced a contemporary and jazz routine and were safe after both of them. In Week 3, they shuffled partners and Michal was partnered with ballroom dancer Anna Tarnowska for a hip-hop to Jessie J’s Mamma Knows Best. There are little no videos of this, but I would love to see it. They were safe again, then in Week 4, he danced a Jazz routine to Adele’s turning tables with hip-hop dancer Alisa. They were safe again. At the Top 8, he danced a locking routine with hip-hop dancer Paulina to Edwin Starr’s War which is the weirdest combination of things I’ve ever heard and I‘m here for it. They were in the Bottom 3 after this, but Michal was safe after dancing a breakdance solo.  At the Top 6, he was partnered with Marsha again for a Pop and Contemporary routine. He was safe after their two routines and technically made the Top 4 but was eliminated due to a back injury and contemporary dancer Sebastian was brought back in his place. I kind of wondering if Michal would have been the in the Top 2 or even the winner if not for his injury, since Dominik (who ended up winning) was in the bottom group 3 times over the season. Who knows.

313. Henry Byalikov (AU1)

ngcb25

Why do I always have to do the write ups for the hot men??? @FrogLenzen

As we all know, Henry was a ballroom dancer on Australia’s 1st season. He placed in the Top 8 and went on to be a pro on both the Australian and American version of DWTS. On SYTYCD, he started the season partnered with Vanessa Sew Hoy. They danced a Salsa in Week 1 and were in the bottom, despite it being Henry’s style. They were saved, however, then in Week 2, danced an Animation Hip-hop that they were safe after. In Week 3, they danced a Disco routine and were in the bottom again, but saved by the judges. Then, in Week 4, they danced an African Samba, which was chosen as “Routine of the Week” and they were safe. In Week 5, they danced a Capoeira-Contemporary to Britney Spears’ “Piece of Me” and a Cha-cha to Michael Jackson’s “Black or White”. The former was, again, chosen as Routine of the Week.

By this point, it seemed like Henry had finally hit his stride and was popular enough to survive for a few more weeks. This was reinforced by the fact that his Jazz to Sting’s “Fragile” with Rhiannon was Routine of the Week for the third week in a row, despite Rhiannon being in the bottom after it. He also performed a Paso Doble solo inspired by the movie “300” that was quite good. Then, at the Top 8, he danced a House and a Contemporary routine with Demi and was eliminated. I remember it being a bit of a shock, but Jack, Rhys and Graeme were all very popular as well, so it was impossible to predict which of them would be going home.

As for his DWTS career, on the Australia version of the show, he danced with actress Toni Pearen during the 8th season and placed 5th, then on the American version of the show, he danced with swimmer Diane Nyad on the 18th season and placed 12th. He was also in the dance troupe during the 19th and 20th season, before turning his attention to broadway and performing in musicals like Sway, In Your Arms, Forever Tango, and Dirty Dancing. He can currently be seen in the musical version of The Bodyguard so, good for him.

ASHLEY VALERIO - US5, TOP 18

40ce04_764dd27c4bd2449f83269ed4da9d0286~

Ashley Valerio was a contemporary dancer from the fifth season who was eliminated at the Top 18. She was probably cast as cannon fodder, as I don't believe she had much (if any?) airtime prior to the live shows. Despite that, she was still one of my favourites from her season, and I think she did amazing in both of her routines. Her Top 20 jazz was the highlight of her too-short run, but I think her performance in Imma Be showed she had potential. She wound up in the bottom three alongside Caitlin Kinney and Kayla Radomski, and despite the fact that Ashley could actually dance a solo to save her life, the judges chose to eliminate her because they wanted Bootleg Mark to stick around instead.

• Like 1