SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

Derek Watches NL4

Top 10

• Celine/Juvat - Lyrical Hip Hop - Nothin On You: omg yet another one of Bruno’s most boring choruses lol. GOOD LORD this went nowhere. If the song doesn’t have a climax your dance isn’t going to have one. It’s not that hard to figure out.
  • Anna/Sedrig - Jazz - Whataya Want From Me: FINALLY this boy gets something to actually dance. Anna hopping around for the lift preps kind of spoiled the ending tho. But it’s okay, by now I’m very used to NL boys out-dancing girls
  • Marissa/Anthony - Modern - Voir Un Ami Pleurer: aww, nice to have good choreo for Marissa too. But unfortunately I needed her to have much better technique for me to get into this, especially since she is carrying the piece for Anthony. Ugh when did I become a snob
  • Stephanie/Gianni - Hip Hop - All of the Lights: He ate this. She was also on stage. The ending was cool
  • Nina/Meysam - English Waltz - Adagio: is he just wearing a regular turtleneck lol? That big split left lift toward the end has no place in a waltz. There were good moments but too much bad outweighed it
  • Solos
    • Celine: the jete was pretty sad, but otherwise this was a passable, structured solo, better than I expected
    • Juvat: you forgot your shirt
    • Anna: fine, but lacking intensity
    • Sedrig: not perfect but the best soloist. Hurt only by the fact that we’ve seen his solos a lot
    • Marissa: love the dip, but I thought I would be more excited about her by this point in the show
    • Anthony: whoa Dan loved it. It thought it was fine I guess. a lot of running around
    • Stephanie: I’m over this one
    • Gianni: fine
    • Nina: good. is this when the rise of Nina starts?
    • Meysam: not great for him to be the last one after we’ve seen all the other hip hop solos. At least he’s good-looking lol
  • Group - The Alphabeat: there’s no reason why a dancer shouldn’t be able to learn how to conduct in 3/4 time correctly. anyway, this wasn’t very clean
  • Eliminated
    • Marissa: ugh whyyy is Stephanie still here
    • Gianni: I can live with it, tbh

Top 8

• Solos
    • Stephanie: if you’re going to do a solo like this at this stage of the competition you need like 500% more energy and to get rid of the silly fan kick and hitch kick
    • Sedrig: oooo one of his best
  • Stephanie/Sedrig - Paso Doble - Palladio: I think an open vest is one of the worst possible male costumes lol. Anyway, this was almost there.
  • Solos
    • Anna: omg I FINALLY figured it out: I don’t like her at all. Whew!!!! She was masking her lack of technique the whole season. I wasn’t sure if she was just making weird choices the whole time, but the truth is that she is nowhere near as good as they are pretending. WOW everything makes more sense now.
    • Anthony: interesting I guess
  • Anna/Anthony - Ballet - The Sacrifice: This had some pretty pictures but it was also very safe. Needed stronger technique from her to carry him, just like his piece last week.
  • Solos
    • Celine: Beyonce, sweetie, I’m so sorry
    • Meysam: hmmm, interesting. LMAOOOO he literally just said “f*ck it… I don’t care… my Ma is here” in English
  • Celine/Meysam - Hip Hop - Freestyler: …...this is now a Meysam stan account. LOL he just said “bitch slapping my face, wake up”
  • Solos
    • Nina: so basically she’s the Dutch Talia Fowler? Minus the sex appeal I guess?
    • Juvat: fine
  • Nina/Juvat - Modern - Accidental Babies: oh, so this is when she decides she wants to win this thing. Thank god one of the girls this season has TECHNIQUE. And they even called in Juvat to help her out with the sex appeal issue. This episode is the first to really feel like SYTYCD this season. Oh and Dan finally admits Nina is the best dancer.
  • Group - Set Fire to the Rain: If they can’t dance in sync in 4 pairs, why not just make this a duet?
  • Eliminated
    • Stephanie: unfortunately she never won me over
    • Sedrig: this is a bummer but expected. I would have lost Anthony this week.

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Stephanie/Gianni - Hip Hop - All of the Lights: He ate this. She was also on stage. The ending was cool

Stéphanie deserves more love for this routine, but yes, Gianni ate this routine up for sure.

Anna/Sedrig - Jazz - Whataya Want From Me: FINALLY this boy gets something to actually dance. Anna hopping around for the lift preps kind of spoiled the ending tho. But it’s okay, by now I’m very used to NL boys out-dancing girls

Anna-Alicia is not the best technical dancer lol. But I love this routine. Sedrig is incredible here.

Nina/Juvat - Modern - Accidental Babies: oh, so this is when she decides she wants to win this thing. Thank god one of the girls this season has TECHNIQUE. And they even called in Juvat to help her out with the sex appeal issue. This episode is the first to really feel like SYTYCD this season. Oh and Dan finally admits Nina is the best dancer.

YES. So glad that you love Accidental Babies. Truly a highlight and one of my favorite modern/contemporary pieces ever! I would say Accidental Babies + Bird Gerhl snatch Nina the win. 

Anna: omg I FINALLY figured it out: I don’t like her at all. Whew!!!! She was masking her lack of technique the whole season. I wasn’t sure if she was just making weird choices the whole time, but the truth is that she is nowhere near as good as they are pretending. WOW everything makes more sense now.

I wonder if you will still feel this way after her really incredible Top 6 week. LOL.

9 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I did not convert to the Church of Meysam just for you to not comment on it

Meysam and Anna-Alicia are about to form a hot duo and dance two incredible numbers. Maybe we are just waiting for you to come around…

NOMINATIONS:

Vivian Cardoso Gomez

Remy Vetter

Eliane Nsanze

Sinerjey Meyfroodt

Danny Boom

Giovanni Kemper

Miguel Pereira Carneiro

Joey van der Slot

Tugba Cetinkaya

Rowan Hoppenbrouwers

Malik Mohammed

Julie Mannekens

Gabriel Piotrowski

Marcin Mroziński

Izabela "Iza" Orzelowska

Lukasz Zięba

Piotr Jeznach

Julia Żytko

Eliza Kindziuk

Jakub "Kuba" Jóżwiak

Paulina Figińska

Tomasz Barański

Ilona Bekier

Jakub "Kuba" Piotrowicz

@*Amanda @Deeee @*Diana @Elliott @JC @totes4totes @.Rei @Zoey

Tugba Cetinkaya

OIP.tzaJY5WsIm4e9uY2GUGABwHaLG?pid=ImgDe

All the wonderful dancers in Benelux Season 6 and Tugba just wasn't one LOL. This makes for a easy cut among the dancers I have to choose from. I mean sorry but I just never enjoyed her. I have loved a lot of ballet dancers but not this one. I also found her partnership with Miguel quite overrated in particular their modern. Also, their quickstep just wasn't all that good either.  Well, this is over 50 words so I am going to be done now, no big loss.

SAVING Vivian Cardoso Gomez

CHOREOGRAPHY Eliza Kindziuk

Edited by *Diana
  • Thanks 1

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&

Giovanni Kemper

Giovanni was a tapper who made it all the way to the final four in NL6. He was fine but definitely overstayed his welcome over more exciting and frankly better dancers in Redouan, Joey, and Miguel. I would have probably had him leave at top 10 though he did give two great routines with Tamara. And I would literally talk more about him EXCEPT as I was googling for a picture for him I found out that HE WAS A CONTESTANT ON THE MASKED SINGER. WHAT. Look, like half of these Belgian contestants are famous enough to have US wiki pages. He was runner-up. Is he like pseudo famous in Belgium? So I'm still googling and I find out that he was in the Dutch National Final for Junior Eurovision in 2005. It also seems that he dated an actress/singer named Lauren Tesoro who was a runner-up on Season 3 of the Dutch The Voice.

Anyway. WEIRD.

Saving: Kuba Jozwiak

Choreo: Ilona Bekier

Edited by totes4totes

here's who is left

Remy Vetter

Eliane Nsanze

Sinerjey Meyfroodt

Danny Boom

Miguel Pereira Carneiro***

Joey van der Slot***

Tugba Cetinkaya

Rowan Hoppenbrouwers***

Malik Mohammed

Julie Mannekens

Gabriel Piotrowski

Marcin Mroziński

Izabela "Iza" Orzelowska

Lukasz Zięba

Piotr Jeznach

Julia Żytko

Eliza Kindziuk

Paulina Figińska

Tomasz Barański

Jakub "Kuba" Piotrowicz

hope my favorites Paulina, Julia Zytko (WHO DAMMIT I DIDN'T REALIZE WAS NOMINATED MURDER ME FOR NOT SAVING HER), and Marcin all make it through!