Paris Winningham Fan Thread

Misirlou

Via Paris' live, one of the songs he got A LOT of requests for. The other song is one "you have never see coming."  And he is VERY excited to perform it.

The comments are suggesting / guessing "Toxic" by Britney Spears and Pete Mroz commented "Genie in the bottle!" Paris' response, "N.O." LOL

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Via Paris' live, one of the songs he got A LOT of requests for. The other song is one "you have never see coming."  And he is VERY excited to perform it.

The comments are suggesting / guessing "Toxic" by Britney Spears and Pete Mroz commented "Genie in the bottle!" Paris' response, "N.O." LOL

Excited to see what his setlist will be.

23 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Pete Mroz commented "Genie in the bottle!"

:rofl:

That’s a “flop prediction thread” level of joke right there, tbh.

Guesses for the setlist: Stevie (again) or Otis for one of the songs, and something less conventional (but not quite as off the wall as Britney or Xtina) for the other.

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

:rofl:

That’s a “flop prediction thread” level of joke right there, tbh.

Guesses for the setlist: Stevie (again) or Otis for one of the songs, and something less conventional (but not quite as off the wall as Britney or Xtina) for the other.

I’m thinking Otis because he already sang Stevie and Otis would be a perfect fit for him.

Just now, Cookie73 said:

I’m thinking Otis because he already sang Stevie and Otis would be a perfect fit for him.

If Wendy can do Aretha in the KOs and top 11 and Samuel can get cleared for Lewis Capaldi in the KOs and for his Wildcard song, I don’t think another Stevie song is that implausible (even though I’m also leaning Otis between the two).

Whatever he gets, he’ll be fine.

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

If Wendy can do Aretha in the KOs and top 11 and Samuel can get cleared for Lewis Capaldi in the KOs and for his Wildcard song, I don’t think another Stevie song is that implausible (even though I’m also leaning Otis between the two).

Whatever he gets, he’ll be fine.

I would personally want to see an Otis song from him. Basically any song I can think for him at this point is an Otis song

"Me and Mrs. Jones" by Billy Paul <-- Great song for him. He'll kill it.

"Ain't Nobody" by Chaka Khan <-- Hmm...unsure about this one. I need to hear the studio. By the way @Misirlou how did Patrique do with this song in S15? And how was IDF's reception to it? If you can recall.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1

Just now, Gmm99 said:

"Me and Mrs. Jones" by Billy Paul <-- Great song for him. He'll kill it.

"Ain't Nobody" by Chaka Khan <-- Hmm...unsure about this one. I need to hear the studio. By the way @Misirlou how did Patrique do with this song in S15? And how as IDF's reception to it? If you can recall.

Patrique was good. I don´t remember the reception though.

Like I said, Paris has reminded me a lot of Patrique since the start. I don´t think he´ll have a problem with it, but I did want an Otis song.

Me and Mrs Jones is a great song. IDF won´t be on board with  it, but I love it.

It’s definitely disappointing that Paris didn’t get an Otis song at any point

Either way, I’m very happy that Paris made finale, regardless of where he places on Tuesday. He went from being an artist I completely slept on in the blinds to becoming one of my favorite contestants this season. And it’s good that he doesn’t have to worry about anything, since finale seemed to be his goal in the competition

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cookie73 said:

It’s definitely disappointing that Paris didn’t get an Otis song at any point

Either way, I’m very happy that Paris made finale, regardless of where he places on Tuesday. He went from being an artist I completely slept on in the blinds to becoming one of my favorite contestants this season. And it’s good that he doesn’t have to worry about anything, since finale seemed to be his goal in the competition

Same here. I'm just happy he is even in the finale to begin with. And more so I am glad that he is content now. 

9 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Oh and I'm assuming that "Me and Mrs. Jones" was the requested one. 

Considering Wendy is right there as a way more obvious person to suggest Chaka Khan to (especially considering she did the Chaka version of “We Can Work It Out” in the blinds), I agree.

It’s a decent set and he’s excited for it, so let’s see how this week goes.

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Really proud of Paris´s run. I´ll be the first to admit this night wasn´t his strongest, but his run has been amazing. I´m sure he´s proud of what he has done. Congrats man.

As soon as I saw his set...I knew it wasn't going to be his strongest but it was still pretty good nonetheless. Great (no offense, but a MUCH better than expected) run for him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

As soon as I saw his set...I knew it wasn't going to be his strongest but it was still pretty good nonetheless. Great (no offense, but a MUCH better than expected) run for him.

Either way, it doesn´t matter. He had a great run. Went from underdog to a finalist, and killed it on live television. Hope offers rain for him after this.

• Like 1