Favourite contestants outside of the US

Hsamid

For the recent season of TVUK, I'd say I love Hatice Tuzun the most, there's something unique about her. It's a shame that the dreadful format made her get the boot.

Edited by Ottoxxx

29 minutes ago, Archanium said:

A lot of my favorites have been mentioned here, just gonna add her.
Gloria Jessica - TV Indonesia 
She has my fav KO performance in any version of TV

This gave me chills. ❤

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2021 at 7:01 PM, Feder said:

Liam Tamne should have won season 2 but the clown Will I Am eliminated him in the battles for no reason… (Jessie J reaction was priceless) 

others: Abi Sampa, Ash Morgan, Christina Marie, Mo Adeniran.

I rewatched the full video on YouTube. All of the other coaches and the studio audience preferred Liam, but Will eliminated him. Even his opponent was very shocked by the result. Jessie J in particular got very frustrated, since she and the other coaches already used their steals and eventually stormed out because she didn’t want to be in the same room as Will. I don’t think I have ever seen an elimination that resulted in this much drama from other coaches.

Here is the full video in case you haven’t seen it. It wasn’t a great battle, but I felt that Liam gave the better performance, and agree that he was robbed.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 5:43 PM, Cookie73 said:

I rewatched the full video on YouTube. All of the other coaches and the studio audience preferred Liam, but Will eliminated him. Even his opponent was very shocked by the result. Jessie J in particular got very frustrated, since she and the other coaches already used their steals and eventually stormed out because she didn’t want to be in the same room as Will. I don’t think I have ever seen an elimination that resulted in this much drama from other coaches.

Here is the full video in case you haven’t seen it. It wasn’t a great battle, but I felt that Liam gave the better performance, and agree that he was robbed.

That season was amazing. Full of drama in every tapped round: 

Blind Audition: Bronwen Lewis performed Filds Of Gold and only Jessie J and Will I am had a spot left and they didn’t turn, Sir Tom and Danny were super pissed during the performance and after when they had to speak with Bronwen 

in the battles: not only the one already mentioned but there were several discussions between the coaches. Off the top of my head I remember Cherelle Basquine (last-second 1 chair turn) being selected by Sir Tom over Elise Evans (4 chair turn) and all other 3 coaches were totally upset

And then also the opera duo Carla and Barbara vs Leanne Jarvis. Jessie criticized Will I Am saying basically he had totally screwed over Carla and Barbara with the song choice. (Her face during the battle is hilarious) 

Aaand then the KOs were also totally crazy. the level was soo high so it was really tough for the coaches. And we had a lot of moments were other coaches were criticising the others for their decisions, for instance: Danny looked totally upset when Will saved Leanne, Jessie was super mad when Will saved Cleo over Lem Knights (he was before in Team Jessie) and probably I am missing something 😅

19 minutes ago, Feder said:

Blind Audition: Bronwen Lewis performed Filds Of Gold and only Jessie J and Will I am had a spot left and they didn’t turn, Sir Tom and Danny were super pissed during the performance and after when they had to speak with Bronwen 

in the battles: not only the one already mentioned but there were several discussions between the coaches. Off the top of my head I remember Cherelle Basquine (last-second 1 chair turn) being selected by Sir Tom over Elise Evans (4 chair turn) and all other 3 coaches were totally upset

And then also the opera duo Carla and Barbara vs Leanne Jarvis. Jessie criticized Will I Am saying basically he had totally screwed over Carla and Barbara with the song choice. (Her face during the battle is hilarious) 

Aaand then the KOs were also totally crazy. the level was soo high so it was really tough for the coaches. And we had a lot of moments were other coaches were criticising the others for their decisions, for instance: Danny looked totally upset when Will saved Leanne, Jessie was super mad when Will saved Cleo over Lem Knights (he was before in Team Jessie) and probably I am missing something 😅

Ok, i'm gonna be judgemental, but, it seems that whenever Jessie J is a judge on these shows, she brings drama with her. And i'm not really a fan of drama of these shows, so, yeah, she is talented but i'm not mad about never having her on The Voice US. We have Kelly, who is talented as well, but also a nicer person, it seems 🤷

But yes, Will.i.am sucks at making decisions, i remember in Season 3, Ricky being PISSED over him eliminating Anna McLuckie. However, Leanne deserved to advance to the lives, so screw Danny, i never liked him on the show anyway, Ricky>>>>>>>>>>Danny .

That's my rant, thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feder said:

So a lot of the controversial decisions that season involved will.i.am. That actually makes a lot of sense

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ok, i'm gonna be judgemental, but, it seems that whenever Jessie J is a judge on these shows, she brings drama with her. And i'm not really a fan of drama of these shows, so, yeah, she is talented but i'm not mad about never having her on The Voice US. We have Kelly, who is talented as well, but also a nicer person, it seems 🤷

But yes, Will.i.am sucks at making decisions, i remember in Season 3, Ricky being PISSED over him eliminating Anna McLuckie. However, Leanne deserved to advance to the lives, so screw Danny, i never liked him on the show anyway, Ricky>>>>>>>>>>Danny .

That's my rant, thanks

Don't make me have to remember that thing :kalancry: I remember that many people thought she was going to pick Ricky...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

That's my rant, thanks

On Wikipedia, it says that one of the current US coaches was also unhappy with Anna McLuckie’s elimination. 

The Voice US is quite drama free, so I don’t remember many instances like this. Australia had a lot of drama, especially when Kelly and George were there (and Guy was involved in some drama in S9)

33 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Christina Marie, Patricia Van Haastrecht, Lauren Bannon, Robin Crauwels, Stellar Perry, Bella Taylor Smith, Jennie Lena, Emma Boertien, Sheena McHugh, Filip Rudan, and Pleun Bierbooms are some of my all time favorities 

Most of them were one of the top contestants of their respective seasons for me (there’s only a few I don’t know). Lots of deserving finalists here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

On Wikipedia, it says that one of the current US coaches was also unhappy with Anna McLuckie’s elimination. 

The Voice US is quite drama free, so I don’t remember many instances like this. Australia had a lot of drama, especially when Kelly and George were there (and Guy was involved in some drama in S9)

Niall, yeah.

For anyone who haven't seen it yet, this is the performance that lead to her (unjustified) elimination 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

The Voice US is quite drama free, so I don’t remember many instances like this

The most i can remember is in robegate (yeah, gonna bring that one again, sorry). Kelly and JHud were certainly not happy about Adam's poor treatment to Deandre, and Kelly even intervened trying to give some praise to Deandre after his own coach didn't. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Niall, yeah.

For anyone who haven't seen it yet, this is the performance that lead to her (unjustified) elimination 

Will was clearly the wrong coach for her... The Anna Ricky arc shall remain one of the most interesting mysteries on the voice franchise.

Edited by Ottoxxx