The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)

Solaris

55 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I was close to saving Sasha but went for India in the end. I had a feeling they’d both be likely for cuts in this round. 😢

Awww I was really hoping you would use your save on Sasha. 😢 I would have if I was in this game.....so ugh my apologies there not helping you out here. :broken: But yeah both India and Sasha were vulnerable.

Edited by *Wallace

Also I TOTALLY predicted and called Elliott cutting Sasha on the final cuts. 🙂 🤣

Sad about it as Sasha is one of my all-time faves but..... I'm not a ranker so I can't/won't get mad about it like i would if I was in the game. :haha:  I'll fight for her (with Lily) if i join one of these games in the future. ❤️ 

Lol Amber was my 2nd S4 fave (after Sasha) and one of my favorite country singers on the show. :( LOL Was she country? Or country pop? Or pop? I don't even remember. But sad to see her go too. :( 

• Haha 1

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to cut...

Ali Caldwell (Season 11, Top 8, Team Miley)

the-voice-recap-ali-caldwell-sundance-he

This was a tough cut for me to make because I liked Ali during Season 11, but when I looked at who is left, she's not amongst my favourites, so she's who I picked. Ali's audition was shown in the first episode of that season and she received a four chair turn for her cover of Ariana Grande's "Dangerous Woman". Ali, smartly, chose Miley as her coach. Though I think she would have done well with Alicia too, but Miley let her pick good songs that I think helped bolster her popularity.

In the battle rounds, Ali sang a classic, Tom Jones' "Hit or Miss" against Courtnie Ramirez and won. Alicia stole Courtnie, but I think it was clear that Ali was more experienced and knew her voice. In the knockouts, she sang Sade's "No Ordinary Love". I love Sade and thought this was a perfect pick for her voice and vibe, so I was glad when she won over Lauren Diaz. In the Live Playoffs, Ali sang Irma Thomas' "Times Have Changed". Again, I felt like this pick showed off her old school R&B chops really well and I was happy she got enough votes to advance.

At the Top 12, she sang Leonard Cohen's "Did I Ever Love You" which seemed like an odd pick, but I think her and Miley had found a niche for her by this point and Ali seemed comfortable with it. This wasn't one of her more memorable performances, at least for me, but I did like it. At Top 11, she sang Dolly Parton 9 to 5 which, again, seemed a bit of a left field choice and one Miley had more of a hand it, but she made it work and survived again on the public vote.

At the Top 10, she sang Mariah Carey's "Without You" in the last spot of the night. It was a good performance, and although she wasn't among the many people that earned an iTunes multiplier that night, she did survive on the public vote again. By this point, it seemed clear that it was a bit of a three horse race between Sundance, Billy and We, with Al, Josh and Brendan being the dark horses, but I was rooting for he, Josh or Brendan to make the finale over Sundance.

At the Top 8, Ali tackled Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You". She started a little shaky, but by the end, she killed it and looked gorgeous doing it (see her dress in the picture above). I had hoped that she might get the iTunes multiplier for this performance, but when she didn't, I knew she was a goner. By the end of the season, she was my fourth favourite after Billy, Brendan and Josh so I had hoped she would be in the finale but she landed in the bottom and lost out on the Instant Save to Josh when she sang Rihanna's "Sledgehammer".

As I said, I like Ali and probably wouldn't have eliminated her here if this final group of contestants weren't as strong as they are.

• Sad 7

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lol Amber was my 2nd S4 fave (after Sasha) and one of my favorite country singers on the show. :( LOL Was she country? Or country pop? Or pop? I don't even remember. But sad to see her go too. :( 

Amber was my season 4 fav.  Sad.  This  was always going to be a rough round going down to 13 contestants!

Just now, sublymonal said:

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to cut...

Ali Caldwell (Season 11, Top 8, Team Miley)

the-voice-recap-ali-caldwell-sundance-he

This was a tough cut for me to make because I liked Ali during Season 11, but when I looked at who is left, she's not amongst my favourites, so she's who I picked. Ali's audition was shown in the first episode of that season and she received a four chair turn for her cover of Ariana Grande's "Dangerous Woman". Ali, smartly, chose Miley as her coach. Though I think she would have done well with Alicia too, but Miley let her pick good songs that I think helped bolster her popularity.

In the battle rounds, Ali sang a classic, Tom Jones' "Hit or Miss" against Courtnie Ramirez and won. Alicia stole Courtnie, but I think it was clear that Ali was more experienced and knew her voice. In the knockouts, she sang Sade's "No Ordinary Love". I love Sade and thought this was a perfect pick for her voice and vibe, so I was glad when she won over Lauren Diaz. In the Live Playoffs, Ali sang Irma Thomas' "Times Have Changed". Again, I felt like this pick showed off her old school R&B chops really well and I was happy she got enough votes to advance.

At the Top 12, she sang Leonard Cohen's "Did I Ever Love You" which seemed like an odd pick, but I think her and Miley had found a niche for her by this point and Ali seemed comfortable with it. This wasn't one of her more memorable performances, at least for me, but I did like it. At Top 11, she sang Dolly Parton 9 to 5 which, again, seemed a bit of a left field choice and one Miley had more of a hand it, but she made it work and survived again on the public vote.

At the Top 10, she sang Mariah Carey's "Without You" in the last spot of the night. It was a good performance, and although she wasn't among the many people that earned an iTunes multiplier that night, she did survive on the public vote again. By this point, it seemed clear that it was a bit of a three horse race between Sundance, Billy and We, with Al, Josh and Brendan being the dark horses, but I was rooting for he, Josh or Brendan to make the finale over Sundance.

At the Top 8, Ali tackled Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You". She started a little shaky, but by the end, she killed it and looked gorgeous doing it (see her dress in the picture above). I had hoped that she might get the iTunes multiplier for this performance, but when she didn't, I knew she was a goner. By the end of the season, she was my fourth favourite after Billy, Brendan and Josh so I had hoped she would be in the finale but she landed in the bottom and lost out on the Instant Save to Josh when she sang Rihanna's "Sledgehammer".

As I said, I like Ali and probably wouldn't have eliminated her here if this final group of contestants weren't as strong as they are.

Dead to me! 

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

FWIW, I looked at the remaining people left and I decided to cut the person who have done the least post-show, music-wise. I thought maybe it'll be less painful to eliminate someone who barely followed up on their Voice runs. Guess it didn't work ahahahah

15 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Awww I was really hoping you would use your save on Sasha. 😢 I would have if I was in this game.....so ugh my apologies there not helping you out here. :broken: But yeah both India and Sasha were vulnerable.

Aww no I understand and no need to apologise! I was really torn between those two and also Ali. But I think they were all going to be vulnerable especially with Sasha/Ali now being cut. 💔 

• Sad 1

Just now, *Lily said:

Aww no I understand and no need to apologise! I was really torn between those two and also Ali. But I think they were all going to be vulnerable especially with Sasha/Ali now being cut. 💔 

Wish you had saved Ali!