The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)

Solaris

I would’ve been pressed but my love for Juliet has fallen over the last couple of years :broken: Still really wanted her to make the finals so I could do a write-up for her because her first ALL album remains That Bitch™️

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Ok but I low-key probably deserved that anyway for my round designed to get Dylan and Zach out 🙈 :dead:

LMAO You're playing  exactly how I would have played - as I would have target those two too. And probably would have targeted Juliet too (with Elliott targeting Sasha). 🙈 :haha: 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LMAO You're playing  exactly how I would have played - as I would have target those two too. And probably would have targeted Juliet too (with Elliott targeting Sasha). 🙈 :haha: 

I don’t think I was actively targeting Sasha. :haha: I nominated her once or twice but it was against a bunch of nobodies so she was obviously being saved. :dead:

• Haha 1

I haven't watched too many seasons of The Voice (mostly the early seasons), but I have peeked in the thread from time to time. This is definitely the hardest round to sit through. The Sasha and Juliet cuts have been the most difficult to see thus far, with Sasha being the hardest.

• Sad 1

JEFFERY AUSTIN

jeffreyaustin_thevoice_nbc_traepatton.jpg

In true Chris' fashion, I will be cutting one of my favourite contestants - this should read as my favourite contestant from Season 9 of the Voice - to ensure that he receive the proper write-up especially considering that it is clear that he was a target during the past few rounds. And since I did not know who to cut during this final round - some of my choices were taken during the coaches save.  As I had limited options, I rather cut a favourite of mine than cut someone's top favourite hence why I am responsible for Jeffery Austin's elimination in this rankdown. 

As mentioned earlier, Jeffery Austin was my favourite on Season 9 - in fact, he became my favourite as soon as he auditioned with Sam Smith's "Lay Me Down" which is one of my favourite of theirs.  After that incredible blind audition - one of my favourite after all these years - he only received a chair turn from Gwen Stefani which I could not believe that he was not a 4-chair turned because he deserved to get a 4-chair turn.  But oh well, at least he was able to make it pass the blind audition phase. 

As a member of Team Gwen, he was paired against Noah Jackson (who?) during the battle round where they sang "Can't Feel My Face" by The Weeknd - I remember being confused by this song choice as I didn't think it fitted either of them, but it ended up working as they were both able to put on their own twist.  To no one surprise, considering Noah 's blind audition was montaged, Jeffery was the winner of this battle which meant he was moving onto the next round of competition aka the knockout round. 

For the knockout round, Jeffery returned to his roots by choosing Adele's "Turning Tables" - one of Adele's song that I consider to be underrated. And he completely blew it out of the park - it reminded me so much of his audition and why I fell with him.  With this performance, he really nailed the vocal aspect of it but he was able to really sell the emotion and story of the song which proved to be his strong suit throughout his journey on The Voice.  By choosing him as the winner, Gwen proved that she's capable of making good decisions when it comes to The Voice, once in a while. 

After making it through the Battles and Knockout rounds, it was time for Jeffery to impress the public to ensure that he make it through each week - the public proved to be behind Jeffery from the moment he gave us first ever live performance which was Jessie Ware's "Say You Love Me", another favourite of mine.  It was after the Top 12 that Jeffery solidified his position as a frontrunner following his beautiful rendition of James Bay's "Let It Go" which remains one of my favourite version of the song - he was able to receive his first ever ITunes bonus on top of making it through into the Top 11, which he would repeat during Top 10, Semifinals and the Finale although he was unable to secure the win which I would have had rather him win over Jordan Smith but considering he was in the Instant Save during the Semi-Finals, I knew it was a longshot. 

When it came to his live performances, Jeffery always knew how to pick the perfect songs for his voice and as a storyteller - he was always on point with every performances, whether it be vocally or as a storyteller. After all these years, I am unable to decide which one of his performance is my favourite as they all had something that I enjoyed about them - my personal favourites of his that I have yet to mention are "Jealous" despite being overdone, Cher's "Believe" and Sugarland's "Stay". 

After all these years, Jeffery remains one of my favourite male contestant to have competed on The Voice - I just contestants that fall in the powervocalist, and I wish we had more artists like Jeffery out there. In my opinion, he remains one of the most consistent contestant in the history of The Voice which probably due to the fact that he knew how to choose the songs to perform - his song choices were another reason why I loved him, as they were often some of my favourite songs of that respective artist. 

To conclude, I do wish Jeffery could have made it to the final round but it was clear that wouldn't be the case so I am glad that I was able to get him to this point of the rankdown, and give him the write-up that he deserves.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Josh Kaufman

1400689174000-Kaufman-Usher-Voice.jpg?wi

After all the deals that I made and all the cuts that have happened so far I was basically left with just 2 choices on who to cut. Out of those two I chose to cut Josh because he was the bigger name out of him and Kat and I figured it might be the smarter move to cut the bigger name if one of my favorites ends up in the bottom two it might give them a slighter better shot of winning. Anyways Josh was the winner of season 6 and he started off on Team Adam but Adam was dumb and ditched him and then he ended up winning on Team Usher. I actually liked Josh and I think he was one of the better guys that the show has cast. Josh had a bunch of good performances I particularly enjoyed his performances of Set Fire to the Rain and Stay With Me as I think they were definitely some of the best performances of the season. I had a lot of favorites on season 6 and so I wasn't necessarily rooting for Josh but since I did like him I was happy for him that he won.  I wasn't targeting anyone with my cut as like I said I really only had like  2 choices so I had to make the tough decision to cut him so I am sorry to any fans of his. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I absolutely love Josh - wish he could have made it to the end.

One of my favourite winner - thank to MJ for fighting for him throughout the rankdown which helped me focus on other contestants. 

• Like 1

7 have been saved, 7 have been cut.  9 Still remain in jeopardy.

Cassadee Pope

Amanda Brown

Jacquie Lee

Kat Perkins

Meghan Linsey

Hannah Huston

Billy Gilman

Chloe Kohanski

Corey Ward

You make each make 1 additional save.  The two left standing at the end will face off for the last spot! 24 hours, ideally it takes less time!

@QueenKalie @Teraginn @sublymonal @*Chris @thevoiceisthetop @*Lily @Elliott

Edited by Solaris

I thought I was gonna get through this cycle unscathed..... Then those last two cuts happened. 💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

Well, at least I can say that 6 of my favorites won their seasons. Yes, Kameron Marlowe won Season 15, I will not be accepting questions at this time.

• Haha 1