SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

US4 RESULTS PART THREE

20 .Chelsie Hightower & Mark Kanemura - "Kiss Kiss" (Jazz by Mandy Moore)

6jx4le.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P60BLc6nEvQ

RANKINGS:

@JC - 4

@*Diana - 12

@*Wallace - 14

@taylorkat - 14

@*Chris - 15

@FrogLenzen - 17

@Elliott - 22

@.Rei - 24

@Alex95 - 29

@Zoey - 29

Avg. Score = 18.00

COMMENTS

JC

Hawt as eff.

Wallace

I was quite surprised that this Chelsie & Mark Jazz didn't advance earlier from other groups. Maybe it's not as loved from others as it is by me? This was a really fun, cute and flirty Jazz. Chelsie & Mark are such a great partnership and this is one of their dances I love from them. My 4th favorite from them. I do love the flirty feel of this dance. Chelsie & Mark have the strong chemistry to sell this dance so well. I thought they both danced this really well. I like all of their partnering dancing and especially their side by side dancing.  I especially love where they do all of tholse side by side pirouettes transitioning into leaps in the air!

Chris

Another great routine by Chelsie & Mark, whom were done dirty in this game. 

Derek

sure

Rei

this has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Is it amazing? Hell no, but Chelsie & Mark are my original favorites so I liked all of their routines. Also this comes from Mandy, the same person that choreograph Body Language, so if you’re gonna have that routine on your top 20 then Kiss Kiss should also be on your top 10!!!! I know that Wally would agree 😘

19. Top 16 - "The Dance" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

6jx551.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djsTqP-0CdY

RANKINGS:

JC - 7

Chris - 10

Derek - 10

Gigi - 11

Elliott - 17

Rei - 18

Zoey - 22

Alex - 24

Diana - 28

Wallace - 29

Avg. Score = 17.60

COMMENTS

JC

Gorgeous

Chris

While there's nothing groundbreaking with the choreography of this routine - a little bit deja vu - but I still love it a lot & it didn't stop it from being one of the group routine of the season. 

Derek

group routines 4 lyfe

Rei

Great group routine! One of Mia’s best! Mark and Comfort killed it!

Alex

Not enough kilts! Hallelujah deserved! Queen Cat strutting out at the end almost made me bump it up though.

Wallace

This is a good and very cool group routine. But like with most group routines, I don't really rewatch or have that strong of an attachment to them. This is so intriguing and.... it does stand out from other group dances as I never really saw anything like this. Nice seeing Comfort having her standout moment in the middle of this. Mark shines at the end too.

18. Courtney Galiano & Mark Kanemura - "The Time of My Life" (Viennese Waltz by Jason Gilkinson)

6jx5tt.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crXOUXqhq5I

RANKINGS:

JC - 3

Elliott - 9

Alex - 12

Derek - 13

Gigi - 17

Chris - 20

Wallace - 23

Zoey - 24

Diana - 25

Rei - 26

Avg. Score = 17.20

COMMENTS

JC

I am obsessed with this honestly, possibly my favorite VW ever!

Derek

I actually like this routine very very much

Chris

It was danced beautifully & I love myself a beautiful Viennese Waltz!

Wallace

This was such a beautiful and lovely Viennese Waltz from Courtney & Mark. Both of them have proven to be solid in their past ballroom dances before this and they showed it here. They had beautiful partnering work and moved elegantly together. Most importantly, they had beautiful chemistry. I love the part where they run to each other and Mark assists Courtney with that one arm lifted and then the sequence of lifts towards the end.  Just such a lovely routine. ❤️

Rei

I’m sorry but as much as I love Mark and Courtney this is just not that great. And coming from S3 where we had A daisy in December, Keep holding on and You and me, it just feels bad to have this and A new day has come as the waltz representations.

17. Kherington Payne & tWitch Boss - "A New Day Has Come" (Viennese Waltz by Jean-Marc Généreux & France Mousseau)

6jx6ky.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqzxakqJwaM

RANKINGS:

Chris - 6

JC - 9

Diana - 11

Wallace - 11

Elliott - 18

Alex - 19

Zoey - 19

Derek - 20

Gigi - 25

Rei - 30

Avg. Score = 16.80

COMMENTS

Chris

Jean-Marc had me at "A New Day Has Come".  But in all honesty, this is one of my favourite Viennese Waltz of the season & is that one I often think about.  It was danced beautifully by bother Kherington & Twitch, and it's truly a timeless routine. And this ranking should not be surprising since I've always been a fan of Kherington and I feel that she may need some help in this final ranking so I am ranking it in my Top 10. 

JC

Twitch carried this partnership

Wallace

Aww this is such a touching and emotional dance, which Jean-Marc choreographed for his daughter, who lost her moral skills and movements at 20 months.... and gosh this intro is so touching. But this is such a beautiful routine he created, and I felt Kherington & tWitch delivered a wonderful dance here. This always stood out as my favorite dance of this, which is kinda surprising as this was out of both of their genres. But they really brought the emotional connection to the dance here. They danced with lovely grace and elegance here. Loved all of their partnering work here. Maybe this wasn't a technical masterpiece but I didn't really care especially as it still looked great to me. I loved the part where tWitch lifted Kherington spun her around and then lifted her up and showcased her in the air! They were dancing like two angels in this dance. It was just so stunning and it just moves me. ❤️

Derek

I wish I liked this more than I do. Too Darn Hot is Twitchington's best dance and deserved Top 30.

Rei

don’t know why is this here

(TIE) 15. Kherington Payne & tWitch Boss - "Dreaming with a Broken Heart" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

6jx752.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h38SZrL2HJM

RANKINGS:

Gigi - 5

Diana - 7

Chris - 8

JC - 10

Elliott - 14

Zoey - 15

Derek - 21

Wallace - 25

Alex - 28

Rei - 28

Avg. Score = 16.10

COMMENTS

Chris

As a Kherington fan during Season 3, this one remains one of my favourite of hers, and it really measured up to the other routines. And I always felt that I always been one of the few fans of hers that stayed active so I have to give it a placement in my Top 10. 

JC

Twitch carried this partnership

Derek

When Mia puts a dancer behind a bed for half a routine I get nervous about their ability. This is good but not legendary.

Wallace

I'm happy that Kheringto & tWitch have this dance in the finals, as I was hoping they would have had a more routines here. (Justice for their Broadway). This was an interesting dance but not one of my major favorites from Mia. But I do like how tWitch was out of his comfort zone and really showed off this emotional side of him. Kherington was much better technically and does well with what she's given. But it's also interesting because they seem like they are just jumping about on the bed back and forth. It looks like a lot of fun, actually. :giggle: But I do like how they look all intensely at each other towards the end. Beautiful and intriguing dance from them.

Alex

To a certain extent the entire top 30 is obviously good dances and it's just about which ones you connect with more. Unfortunately, I didn't really connect to this one.

Rei

Remember when you all decided to cut Don’t touch me which is great and let this and their Viennese waltz make the top 30. I judge all of you. This is just okay and I think I actually preferred Dareian and Janelle’s version on S9.

(TIE) 15. Chelsie Hightower & Joshua Allen - "A Los Amigos" (Argentine Tango by Dmitry Chaplin)

6jx7ug.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJzshJKy1qY

RANKINGS:

Alex - 2

Rei - 6

Diana - 13

Wallace - 15

Derek - 16

Chris - 18

Gigi - 20

Zoey - 21

Elliott - 24

JC - 26

Avg. Score = 16.10

COMMENTS

Alex

F*ck Joshua but that booty is just something else 👀

Rei

I just know that this is gonna be criminally robbed in this ranking, due to the involvement of Josh*a and because most of you hate Chelsie. But this is just a flawless routine and Chelsie annihilated this… This is just a master performance from Chelsie. I know no one else will rank this high but that just mean other people’s taste are just not as good as mine.  (Update: Alex has flawless taste!!!!!!)

Wallace

Chelsie delivered two fantastic Argentine Tangos on this season, with Mark and then Joshua. I know this one is viewed as better and more popular, but I kinda always preferred the one with Mark. So I am bummed that missed out making the finals, although I love this dance and think this deserves to be here. This was a very steamy and passionate Argentine Tango. Chelsie did seem more mature and grown up in this AT, and Joshua was a fantastic partner, as he showcased and partnered Chelsie really well. But he did very well with this dance with what he was supposed to do too. But dangggg.... all of fast leg action Chelsie does once the dance picks up. Some incredile footwork from her. :omg: Then Joshua lifts her about, and he showcases some of his gaunchos in there too. Lots of intrciate and exciting footwork in this dance! :omg: They were oozing lots of chemistry here too!  I like how the dance gets to a quieter moment in the dance, before some more fast intrciate partnering and footwork happens at the end, which was amazing from them both! :omg: This was an amazing dance from them, and maybe one I underrated from them in the past.

Derek

Emmy nominated. Very good. Chelsie queen. But when you compare to every other dance it's not the most memorable.

Chris

Chelsie was flawless in this. 

JC

Sorry Chelsie for being paired with a horrible person

Alex

2. A los amigos

6. Doom Taana

12. The time of my life

14. Fuego

16. The house is rockin'

19. A new day has come

20. We gonna win

21. Everybody loves a carnival

23. Like you'll never see me again

24. The Dance

25. Lights, Camera, Action

26. Baila, Baila

27. Standing there

28. Dreaming with a broken heart

29. Kiss, Kiss

30. All we are

Chris

6. A new day has come

8. Dreaming with a broken heart

10. The Dance

13. The house is rockin'

14. Fuego

15. Kiss, Kiss

18. A los amigos

20. The time of my life

23. Standing there

24. Doom Taana

25. Lights, Camera, Action

26. Like you'll never see me again

27. Baila, Baila

28. Everybody loves a carnival

29. All we are

30. We gonna win

Derek

2. Baila, Baila

8. Everybody loves a carnival

10. The Dance

13. The time of my life

15. Doom Taana

16. A los amigos

17. Kiss, Kiss

20. A new day has come

21. Dreaming with a broken heart

22. We gonna win

23. Lights, Camera, Action

24. Fuego

25. The house is rockin'

28. Standing there

29. All we are

30. Like you'll never see me again

Diana

7. Dreaming with a broken heart

11. A new day has come

12. Kiss, Kiss

13. A los amigos

14. Doom Taana

15. All we are

16. Fuego

17. Baila, Baila

18. Standing there

21. The house is rockin'

24. Like you'll never see me again

25. The time of my life

26. We gonna win

27. Everybody loves a carnival

28. The Dance

29. Lights, Camera, Action

Elliott

4. We gonna win

5. Like you'll never see me again

6. Lights, Camera, Action

9. The time of my life

11. Standing there

14. Dreaming with a broken heart

15. Everybody loves a carnival

16. All we are

17. The Dance

18. A new day has come

19. The house is rockin'

22. Kiss, Kiss

23. Fuego

24. A los amigos

26. Baila, Baila

29. Doom Taana

Gigi

5. Dreaming with a broken heart

11. The Dance

14. Kiss, Kiss

15. Lights, Camera, Action

16. Like you'll never see me again

17. The time of my life

19. Standing there

20. A los amigos

21. The house is rockin'

23. Fuego

25. A new day has come

26. Everybody loves a carnival

27. All we are

28. We gonna win

29. Baila, Baila

30. Doom Taana

JC

3. The time of my life

4. Kiss, Kiss

6. Fuego

7. The Dance

9. A new day has come

10. Dreaming with a broken heart

11. We gonna win

12. Everybody loves a carnival

14. The house is rockin'

17. All we are

18. Lights, Camera, Action

19. Standing there

26. A los amigos

27. Baila, Baila

29. Doom Taana

Rei

6. A los amigos

7. We gonna win

9. Lights, Camera, Action

10. Everybody loves a carnival

14. Doom Taana

16. The house is rockin'

17. Fuego

18. The Dance

19. Baila, Baila

23. All we are

24. Kiss, Kiss

26. The time of my life

27. Standing there

28. Dreaming with a broken heart

29. Like you'll never see me again

30. A new day has come

Wallace

9. Doom Taana

11. A new day has come

13. Baila, Baila

14. Kiss, Kiss

15. A los amigos

16. Standing there

17. The house is rockin'

22. Everybody loves a carnival

23. The time of my life

25. Dreaming with a broken heart

26. Fuego

27. We gonna win

28. Lights, Camera, Action

29. The Dance

30. All we are

Zoey

1. Baila, Baila

7. All we are

11. Doom Taana

12. Like you'll never see me again

15. Dreaming with a broken heart

17. Lights, Camera, Action

18. Standing there

19. A new day has come

20. Everybody loves a carnival

21. A los amigos

22. The Dance

24. The time of my life

27. The house is rockin'

28. We gonna win

29. Kiss, Kiss

30. Fuego

UNITED STATES SEASON 4:

TOP 20 WEEK ROUTINES:

Katee Shean & Joshua Allen - "No Air" (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Nappytabs)

TOP 18 WEEK ROUTINES:

Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian - "Lost" (Contemporary by Mandy Moore)

TOP 16 WEEK ROUTINES:

Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian - "Wishing on a Star" (Rumba by Tony Meredith & Melanie LaPatin)

Chelsie Hightower & Mark Kanemura - "Bleeding Love" (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Nappytabs)

TOP 14 WEEK ROUTINES:

Katee Shean & Joshua Allen - "Hometown Glory" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

TOP 12 WEEK ROUTINES:

Jessica King & William Wingfield - "Silence" (Contemporary by Tyce Diorio)  

Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian - "Don't Stop the Music (The Wideboys Club Mix)" (Cha-Cha by Anya Garnis & Pasha Kovalev)

TOP 10 WEEK ROUTINES:

Chelsie Hightower & Gev Manoukian - "These Arms of Mine" (Contemporary by Sonya Tayeh)

Comfort Fedoke & tWitch Boss - "Forever" (Hip-Hop by Dave Scott)

Katee Shean & William Wingfield - "Imagine" (Pas de deux by Dwight Rhoden & Desmond Richardson)

TOP 8 WEEK ROUTINES:

Katee Shean & tWitch Boss - "Mercy" (Contemporary by Mia Michaels)

Comfort Fedoke & Mark Kanemura - "Party People" (Hip-Hop by Nappytabs)

TOP 6 WEEK ROUTINES:

Courtney Galiano & Mark Kanemura - "The Garden" (Jazz by Sonya Tayeh)

TOP 4 WEEK ROUTINES:

Katee Shean & Joshua Allen - "Slow Dancing In A Burning Room" (Lyrical Jazz by Wade Robson)

• Like 1

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US4) (20-15 Posted)

pleasantly surprised to see the Wade routine do so well even without Dee here

I think it's a decent mix of routines considering how much we all disagree on this season lol. A little too heavy on Courtney/Gev and too light on Marksie but that was already the case with the entire Top 30

• Like 1

20. Loved this Jazz from Chelsie & Mark. I'm okay with it coming in 20th though I would have liked for this to have ranked higher, of course. BYEEE REI @ those "Body Language" comments. I ain't got no time for that overrated routine. 😘 Which I think I came in last on the S3 game, correct? :wub:

19. Okay finally this shows up. Clearly a good group routine but my comments say it all. Glad it didn't rank too high tho.

18. Oh Derek ranking a Courtney routine higher than me? Lmao I'm a bad stan. I feel like I am seeing JC as the highest ranker of these routines so far. :dead: Gorgeous VW from Courtney & Mark. I'm good with its ranking even though it beat out other routines I loved more.

17. Not Rei being a Viennese Waltz hater all of a sudden, lmao. :dead: Loved this Kherington/tWitch routine and thought this was beautiful. This is making me realize I wish we had more tWitchington routines in the finals.

15. OH I forgot that "Dreaming with a Broken Heart"  was here, lmao. :ph34rwave: Lovely and stunning routine but this was too high for me. Also think their previous routine should have outranked this.

15. Oooh the Chelsie/Joshua AT was tied with the tWitchington Contemporary? Hmmmm, I very much disagree with that. OMG Dying at Alex's comment. :dead: This was a great AT and one of those dances that grows on me and I appreciate more and more overtime. :yes:

LOL Why am I not surprised that Elliott & JC still have their #30s remaining. :dead:

7 hours ago, .Rei said:

And if I remember correctly Kitty said once that this was the closest routine to the actual Bollywood so I have to trust her.

Did I say this. Probably, I've said a lot of shit on IDF LMAO.

I think it is that this was the first Bollywood on the show and so it hadn't got repetitive yet because Nakul really does use a bunch of the same movements in literally every dance he choreographs. (windmills and knee spins I'm looking at u.)

I actually do think Chelsie and Mark were a strong partnership but Bleeding Love wasn't it. It was the precursor to a lot of Nappytabs routines with no actual hip-hop and I think it was directly responsible for Melanie and Marko's season 8 atrocity. Sorry to you two i don't think it's your fault.

(Which is why I hope it's not too high. I will definitely participate in the public rankings for next season if those are happening, gotta defend Jeanine and also gotta get her solos high because I'm sure at least one of them is gonna show up in the final vote.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1