Forgotten performances/contestants that deserve more attention

Mistake006

7 hours ago, BlakePointingHisFinger said:

Wouldn't disagree that him being runner-up that season was questionable, but this was easily in my top 3 knockouts of a season full of great knockouts

I can’t see who it is, but if I had to guess based on the description, is that Chris Kroeze?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, BlakePointingHisFinger said:

Just randomly discovered this old gem on YouTube and I'm just a sucker for unique takes on songs that everybody knows so here goes

Yeah I thought he did a nice job. Problem was no one really flopped that week iirc, so he had to be in danger.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Yeah. I think he and Jamar Rogers paved the way for classic rockers like Keith Semple and Omar Jose Cardona!

Jamar >>> Terry (probably unpop, but I'm standing by it)

Also Manny should've won that battle :giggle:

4 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Jamar >>> Terry (probably unpop, but I'm standing by it)

Also Manny should've won that battle :giggle:

I agree with both of these. Oddly enough if I make a If The Runners Up Battled, either Jamar or his partner Juliet would beat Terry.

Edited by Jaffy

27 minutes ago, Ottoxxx said:

Karli Webster - Coat of Many Colours

Don't get me wrong Moriah was great too, but based on this performance I actually would've chosen Karli as the 3rd save. It was really good.

At least, I think we can all agree that either Karli or Moriah would've been a better choice than Ashland...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ottoxxx said:

I have said it before and i'll say it again: The only good thing that resulted from the "Coach Comeback" twist, was this performance. No exceptions (And i mean, the only one in all four seasons in which that was a thing)

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ottoxxx said:

Karli had such a good run on the show. So many robberies in that playoff round. You can’t even fault most of them because the cast was that strong.

• Sad 5

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Karli had such a good run on the show. So many robberies in that playoff round. You can’t even fault most of them because the cast was that strong.

I remember liking a lot of contestants that made playoffs that season. There were a few contestants that made Lives though that I didn’t like (Red, Shi’Ann, Ashland). I honestly have no idea who I would have picked Emily over. For Team Miley, I would have picked Brooke, Janice and Moriah (Moriah was one of my favorite contestants that season). Put Karli on Team Blake and Emily on Team Jennifer (or Vice versa) and we’d be all set.

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BlakePointingHisFinger said:

Tbf the battle was very even and Keith was slightly better in the performance so I wouldn't disagree on him winning. Manny 100% deserved a steal at least tho

Manny should have gotten stolen for sure, especially since his audition was in my Top 3 of that season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

I remember liking a lot of contestants that made playoffs that season. There were a few contestants that made Lives though that I didn’t like (Red, Shi’Ann, Ashland). I honestly have no idea who I would have picked Emily over. For Team Miley, I would have picked Brooke, Janice and Moriah (Moriah was one of my favorite contestants that season). Put Karli on Team Blake and Emily on Team Jennifer (or Vice versa) and we’d be all set.

I would’ve chosen Emily over Adam C, even though I liked him too and he was probably the smarter choice. He didn’t have any performance as good as Glitter in the Air imo.

Plus if Adam was gonna bus him anyway (what else explains that Against All Odds choice lol) then he should’ve just chosen Emily.

• Like 2

I know it’s been 5 years but I’m still salty about Moriah’s elimination. I get why she would drop Karli, being the comeback and all but Moriah… Jesus Christ Miley. She had a perfect run from blinds to playoffs.

At least she has been pretty successful post-show.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

21 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I know it’s been 5 years but I’m still salty about Moriah’s elimination. I get why she would drop Karli, being the comeback and all but Moriah… Jesus Christ Miley. She had a perfect run from blinds to playoffs.

At least she has been pretty successful post-show.

Agree 100%. Her Blind Audition was one of the best that season as well, and I don’t think she had any bad performances. She did a good job with a bunch of challenging songs, and I’m sure  she would have made at least Semis if she stayed. I’m glad she has done well post-show, and she has had a lot of experience performing live even before her season, even as young as she was when she was on the show. I preferred her run over so many teenagers that made Top 12/13 during their seasons, including some finalists.