American Idol Rankdown 3.0

sublymonal

Shubha Vedula

Shubha Vedula | Outlook India Magazine

Shubha auditioned for Season 12 of American Idol. And, since she is not Candice or Kree, you don't remember her. The divas were not present at her audition, so she just sang Etta James in front of Randy and Keith. I'm loving the AI wiki hahaha. It looks like she was not featured for most of the auditions, but she had the NERVE to sing When You Believe by Mariah/Whitney in front of Mariah. Almost stanworthy for that choice alone, but honestly I just watched it and I was not moved. She sang Born This Way for the Top 40 but was cut after that.

Save Lauren and Ryan

• Like 1

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/7/2020 at 6:48 PM, sublymonal said:

18. Jennifer Hudson

B45EE3AC-CD7E-917B-BD7CD3A822ACDB10.jpg

On 9/7/2020 at 7:27 PM, FrogLenzen said:

I’m embarrassed for you all

On 9/7/2020 at 7:49 PM, *Chris said:

Then join the next rankdown 😘 

On 9/8/2020 at 2:48 AM, 1234567890 said:

You really shouldn't be because based on Jennifer's IDOL RUN this is more than generous place for her considering she outlasted Fantasia and LaToya. Jennifer's run was inconsistent and it's only because the success she garnered AFTER IDOL do people hold her in such regard now. If this was a POST IDOL rankdown than by all means be embarrassed but it's not. Revisionist history is a hell of a drug. :haha:

Friendly reminder that Victoria was the one who insisted that Rankdown 2.0 was for IDOL RUN and not POST IDOL

• Haha 1

Jason Warrior

He was the only name I recognized and know enough to BS my way through for 100 words, so yeah, only reason why he's getting cut. He's at this point a serial RTV contestant, being a part of The Voice and The Four before trying out for Idol (spoiler alert: he didn't really shine in any of the shows. Also i'm too lazy to check if he has tried for something else like XF or AGT,  but I wouldn't put it past him). I'm not particularly fond of his tone or his way of singing/performing, so cutting him just makes sense to me. But he at least gave us this amazing/cringy TV moment:

This is still painful to watch but I can't look away LMAO. Anyway, out he goes.

Save: Loren/Will

• Haha 1

Hallie Day

4f47312f06ac3.image.jpg?resize=500,514

Why does this look like she was at the mall and they were doing headshots and she decided to get one? Anyways, I'm cutting Hallie because she only had one performance and I don't remember it, or her, at all. Hallie was allegedly on the 11th season of Idol. I say allegedly because wikipedia is telling me she was, but then again if you all were playing an elaborate prank on me by pretending this woman was on the show, I wouldn't be surprised. She was part of the top 25 and sang "Feeling Good". I wouldn't call it a bad performance. It was pretty rough around the edges, but it seemed like she was getting into the spirit of the song. I would hardly call it a super commanding and dominant performance, but it was decent enough. I'm sure she could've advanced over, like, Shannon Magrane, but losing Hallie was no heartbreaking loss for S11.

Save Angela & Kelli

• Like 1