sublymonal

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

American Idol: Rankdown 3.0

Cycle 2 - Hollywood Week

148565_4614.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=1350

120 of the semi-finalists that returned earned themselves a Golden Ticket to Hollywood Week.

Now, it’s time to narrow down the pack even further.

This next cycle will take place over 5 rounds.

In each round, two rankers will be randomly paired together.

These rankers’ lists of semi-finalists will be nominated together as a group of 24 contestants.

When the list of the nominations is posted, the other 8 rankers will save 2 of the semi-finalists and cut 1.

Each ranker is responsible for a brief (minimum 100 words) write-up of each contestant they cut.

The 8 rankers will have 24 hours to make their cuts/saves. After that, the two rankers whose contestants were nominated will get to make the remaining cuts/saves on a first come/first serve basis.

At the end of this round, 40 semi-finalists will have been eliminated and 80 will remain.

The 5 rounds are as follows:

Round 1. @1234567890 & @*Chris

Round 2. @NGM & @Alex95

Round 3. @Weedy_Speedy & @*Diana

Round 4. @Elliott & @JC

Round 5. @FrogLenzen & @Solaris

I will post the list of 24 before the round starts so everyone knows what to expect.

The first round (Victoria & Chris’ contestants) will be posted at 7PM EST tonight!

Edited by sublymonal

The list for @1234567890 & @*Chris round is as follows:

Alex Lambert
Amanda Avila
Angela Peel
Aubrey Cleland
Equoia Coleman
Felicia Barton
Hallie Day
Jason Warrior
Jenn Bloisil
Ju’Not Joyner
Katie Webber
Kelli Glover
Kimberley Kelsey
Lauren Turner
Lisa Leuschner
Loren Lott
Mario Vasquez
Nick Boddington
Ricky Braddy
Ryan Hammond
Shubha Vedula
Sundance Head
Suzy Valuca
Will Makar

Nominations will be posted tonight at 7PM EST

Victoria and Chris will not participate in the cuts/saves this round,

unless 24 hours passes without the other 8 rankers completing their cuts/saves.

Edited by sublymonal

Round 1 Nominations: @1234567890 & @*Chris

Cutting and Saving: @NGM @Alex95 @Weedy_Speedy @*Diana @Elliott @JC@FrogLenzen @Solaris

Nominees:

Alex Lambert
Amanda Avila
Angela Peel
Aubrey Cleland
Equoia Coleman
Felicia Barton
Hallie Day
Jason Warrior
Jenn Bloisil
Ju’Not Joyner
Katie Webber
Kelli Glover
Kimberley Kelsey
Lauren Turner
Lisa Leuschner
Loren Lott
Mario Vasquez
Nick Boddington
Ricky Braddy
Ryan Hammond
Shubha Vedula
Sundance Head
Suzy Valuca
Will Makar

Rankers, you can now save 2 and cut 1.

Edited by sublymonal

Updated list:

Amanda Avila
Angela Peel
Equoia Coleman
Felicia Barton
Hallie Day
Jason Warrior
Jenn Bloisil
Katie Webber
Kelli Glover
Kimberley Kelsey
Lauren Turner
Lisa Leuschner
Loren Lott
Mario Vasquez
Nick Boddington
Ryan Hammond
Shubha Vedula
Will Makar

SUNDANCE HEAD

maxresdefault.jpg

Sundance Head sucked on the sixth season of American Idol and he sucked on the eleventh season of The Voice, where he robbed several others and won. That should be all that is needed for this write-up, but it has to be one hundred words so here we go...

Sundance Head received a lot of airtime in season six and was a production favourite. I don't understand why. He sucked. His first performance was Nights in White Satin, which was terrible. He survived. The next week, he was given Mustang Sully in the pimp spot. It was terrible, but he survived the cut. The third week, he ruined both the vocals and the melody of Pearl Jam's Jeremy. The one Pearl Jam performance on American Idol... and this is what it's to. CHOICES. He was rightfully eliminated and faded back into obscurity like he deserved.

Fast forward... idk, a decade?

Season 11 of The Voice rolls around. We get discount Phillip Phillips Aaron Gibson, Brendan Fletcher (BrendaMeeksYouAndMe.gif), Ali Caldwell, Josh Gallagher and - most notably - Billy Gilman. But then comes in Sundance Head with a D*ck Dyn*sty beard choosing Blake Shelton's team and we all knew what was going to happen next. Mediocre performance after mediocre performance lands Sundance into the Top 10 on iTunes, and he gets multiple votes multipled by ten to carry over into the finale. He robs Billy Gilman. Choices.

I'm not sure what Sundance has been up to since then and I don't care to find out. Hopefully The X Factor US doesn't come back which it shouldn't after inflicting No Harmony on us because the last thing I need is a third season of Sundance Head.

SAVE: Suvy Vulaca & Ricky Braddy

• Like 3

Ju'Not Joyner

download.jpg

The worst part about this cycle is having to come up with 100 words on all these semi finalists lol. I was going to cut Sundance but alas Elliott beat me to the punch so that left me chasing someone I have no idea who they are. That person ended up being Ju'Not Joyner. For someone apart of 2 seasons I just don't remember who that is. Apparently he was on season 7 and Season 8. Season 7 he got cut in Hollywood. Season 8 he faired a little better making it to the top 36. Ju'Not  sang "Hey There, Delilah" by Plain White T's. He was eliminated at this stage of the competition not making it past the top 36.

Saving: Alex Lambert & Aubrey Cleland

Edited by *Diana
  • Like 1

Jenn Blosil

Season 15

meuhewQ2_400x400.jpg

I get why people would like her, being a quirky ~singer/songwriter~ type (and of course the blonde hair definitely would win her points from IDF) but I thought she was dreadful. I don't remember what she sang for her top 24 solo but she was paired with Constantine of all people for the duet round, where they did his "dark" interpretation of My Funny Valentine. Because JLo/Harry/Keith were the judges, she was chosen to advance to the top 14, where she was rightfully eliminated by America after singing a Justin Beiber song with glitter on her eyebrows (?). Must really suck to earn less votes than Brenda K. Starr's daughter Gianna Isabella.

Save robbed queens Felicia Barton & Lisa Leuschner

• Like 1