Why did Arthur Gunn no show for the finale?

JONNYSBRO

Just now, Elliott said:

It’s literally him saying what he was told directly from Graham. 🙄

Ok. I still don't think Arthur is some impossible diva, but hey it's not like any of us know the guy! ;)

2 hours ago, Lackey said:

Not that I'm calling Clark a liar or trying to defend Arthur (I'm in no way a fan of his), but do contestants have their own trailers? This is the first I've heard of contestants staying in trailers, I thought they would just be backstage🤔

2 hours ago, KelseyW said:

It is pile on Gunn day don't ya know. lol

But honestly Clark's random take sounds like BS...

It’s because of the pandemic or what you rather that still not be a rule? :dead: It’s still a pandemic people.

I don’t even mind Arthur Gunn, but the fact that the American Idol Instagram posted he was performing and then all of a sudden he’s nowhere to be found is very telling.

You can be a fan and still be critical of his actions. The two are not mutely exclusive and any criticism of his behavior shouldn’t just be chalked down to people just hating on him or dog-piling on him. 🙄

The fact that he invited SHERYL CROW to perform with him is laughable and I don’t he understand how the music industry works. It could be a language barrier idk, but it’s NAGL at all.

He should have just sucked it up and performed. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Elliott said:

They did this year, at least. It’s where they got their hair/make-up/etc. done since they had to limit the amount of crew that interacted with them.

Chayce, Hunter, Casey all posted videos to their Instagram story throughout the season of them inside their respective trailers.

Okay, that makes sense then.

I don't know whatever Arthur was going through during the finale, but if he truly did pull out minutes before the performance, that's incredibly unprofessional. If it was an unpleasant environment, leave after you perform with a legend like Sheryl Crow.

Of course I don't think he should have been brought back in the first place, which is 100% the producers' fault with their terrible twist, so this is what they deserved for even doing the comeback in the first place 🤣

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

You can be a fan and still be critical of his actions. The two are not mutely exclusive and any criticism of his behavior shouldn’t just be chalked down to people just hating on him of dog-piling on him. 🙄

As a Demi Lovato stan, this is the tea. :giggle:

1 minute ago, ptebwwong said:

In Clark's video, he also says he will have exclusive interview videos with contestants from this year. The 1st interview will be with Graham & they will be talking about what happened.

Ready for C. Beckham Squared.

santana lopez glee GIF

56 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

It’s also a slap in the face to his fans last year and the people who voted him back in this year. :yes:

As a fan of him from both this year and last I agree. 

I still don't agree that he isn't being dragged online. Because he is. 

So are his fans... 😑

Edited by KelseyW
  • Like 1

It's always something with Arthur. He doesn't seem like a pleasant person to be around tbh. He blows off any advice mentors give him, he disrespectfully changes the arrangement of songs, and now this.  I see his fans on social media sites always trying to victimize him, saying "poor Arthur, the producers set him up to be hated on because of the comeback" and "he's so humble and feels bad about taking a spot" like he had a gun to his head when he decided to come back. A poster is victimizing him in this thread. I don't think anyone cares enough to "hate on" Arthur, but there are too many data points for his behavior and actions to be coincidences. He could've declined to participate in this season, especially since he apparently gave up a recording deal after he got runner-up. This second go-around did him no favors. In addition, a lot of his fans were claiming that the other contestants weren't nice to him because they were angry about how he got to come back and I don't think that is the case. A lot of the other contestants (Louis, Mikayla) seemed to have formed great friendships with the current contestants. Olivia stays in Casey's comment section. He doesn't really seem to be friendly with anyone from his two seasons on the show. 

The producers really did ruin what was looking like a great season for idol. All the other noise took away from the talent and decent contestants got screwed over every step of the way. Some firings definitely need to occur.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

ego inflating GIF by Jon Newman

What an EGO this Arthur kid must have. :haha: So glad Just Sam beat him last year. It would have just been more perfect of Caleb and Arthur went out together instead of Hunter. 😘

not a fan of arthur's voice ( good voice , just not my cup of tea), but he said himself it was because of his morals and i respect that. what good is life without morals?

• Like 2

On 5/26/2021 at 3:21 PM, xfactor22 said:

not a fan of arthur's voice ( good voice , just not my cup of tea), but he said himself it was because of his morals and i respect that. what good is life without morals?

it’s not even about morals. if he didn’t want to sing the song the way Sheryl Crow wanted it to sing it then that’s ego.

morals is not performing when your fans voted you back in. 

he’s going to have a hard time in the industry if he keeps this up and the people defending him look foolish

On 5/25/2021 at 9:29 PM, KelseyW said:

As a fan of him from both this year and last I agree. 

I still don't agree that he isn't being dragged online. Because he is. 

So are his fans... 😑

he is being dragged this time because he deserves it

he had a chance to perform with Sheryl Crow but decides not to because he can’t rearrange the song and then refuses to come out of his trailer?

he lost idol twice someone needs to remind him he isn’t a star yet 

33 minutes ago, goofycilla90 said:

he is being dragged this time because he deserves it

he had a chance to perform with Sheryl Crow but decides not to because he can’t rearrange the song and then refuses to come out of his trailer?

he lost idol twice someone needs to remind him he isn’t a star yet 

IG followers aren’t a way to measure success and I am by no means defending him, but he DOES have more followers than Sheryl Crow lol. 👀 

where did people got the story that he left because of the arrangement!? it seems that people just invented this story online and and keep spreading it without knowing the facts. also the "5 minutes before going onstage" sounds like a dramatic exaggeration that a show like idol is famous for. i doubt they will leave these kind of changes to the very last minute. but will go with the narrative probably just to give an excuse why graham was unrehearsed and awful. 

the thing is we will never know what really happened because all the contestants have to sign a confidentiality agreement. at least the exec. producer that is responsible for that mess is gone. 

arthur should have just say that he left for personal reasons like wyatt did. and clark and graham need to stfu. 

Edited by blackfield
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Who on earth said I was making Arthur the victim?

I am a FAN that is all. 

Whatever happened is between Arthur and the show. And quite frankly I am over it myself. 

WHY. Are we still talking about this when we SHOULD be talking about Chayce and his win and his hit single! 

Edited by KelseyW

On 5/31/2021 at 10:29 AM, KelseyW said:

Who on earth said I was making Arthur the victim?

I am a FAN that is all. 

Whatever happened is between Arthur and the show. And quite frankly I am over it myself. 

WHY. Are we still talking about this when we SHOULD be talking about Chayce and his win and his hit single! 

you’re the one still taking about it 

21 minutes ago, blackfield said:

what's with the attitude? she can talk about whatever she wants here. that is the essence of these message boards.

As can everyone else 

no claimed she was making Arthur victim yet she started that 

it’s a forum get over it 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, goofycilla90 said:

you’re the one still taking about it 

LOL. Yeah. I saw someone say folks were making Arthur the victim and took that personally. No biggie.

Again. This whole event was overblown, but it's much easier to say an Idol alum some folks don't like did something crappy and may have just ruined their entire career on one single celebrity performance at the finale then to applaud the actual winner of the season's current chart hit.

Case in point. Chayce's single is doing excellent but his thread about it doesn't even have 2 pages. Whereas this thread does...  :thumbsdown: