Contestants you didn´t like, but you could respect their vocal prowess.

Misirlou

On 3/21/2021 at 10:55 PM, Daillon said:

Watch Jordan and Jeffery’s runs back to back. The gap isn’t as huge as some people think it is.

And believe it or not, I like Jordan better than Jeffery. But it lowkey drives me nuts when people act like S9 was Jordan and everyone else.

I know it's like an year ago, but I did watch Jeffery's entire run again. Now I'm even more sure about what I said previously!

Jordan >>>>>>> Jeffery (Fight me!)

Edited by Hamza Tufail

Morgan myles. She's grown on me slowly, but there's multiple contestants that made it lives that I'd rather listen to on their best day than her.

That being said, I acknowledge she's arguably the best singer this season and has consistently ranked high on my list each round.

I also felt the same way about Cam Anthony. Best and most consistent performer of the season, but I don't really care to listen to his on show performances.

Edited by Hsamid

7 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Morgan myles. She's grown on me slowly, but there's multiple contestants that made it lives that I'd rather listen to on their best day than her.

That being said, I acknowledge she's arguably the best singer this season and has consistently ranked high on my list each round.

I also felt the same way about Cam Anthony. Best and most consistent performer of the season, but I don't really care to listen to his on show performances.

Not you naming one of IDF's top guy of all time (Maybe just behind Matt a little bit). 

I was actually shocked that you weren't a fan of Cam coz I thought you like good vocalists. Maybe it's because he doesn't take it to next level (for you) with the dynamics stuff???

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Not you naming one of IDF's top guy of all time (Maybe just behind Matt a little bit). 

I was actually shocked that you weren't a fan of Cam coz I thought you like good vocalists. Maybe it's because he doesn't take it to next level (for you) with the dynamics stuff???

I'm not too sure myself tbh.

I think you got it right with the bolded but it's not just that because I prefer Victor's voice and his prelive performances to Cam's (except KO), even though Vic was undeniably not as consistent vocally when lives came around, and even less dynamic.

If I had to try and pinpoint a reason, I'm not really enamored by his tone, it doesnt stand out as unique or distinct to me and doesn't help that he usually sounded the same throughout his range.

I can favour a contestant that's limited vocally but I have to love their tone and they gotta have few vocal issues in their performances. Chloe Kohanski is the best example of this. 

I cant deny cam has some of the best vocal agility and run placement in recent years though, and just like Morgan, was usually near the top when I ranked performances.

I guess the closest thing to this for me would be Chris Blue. It's not that I didn't like him per se, he was a deserving winner and Rhythm Nation was great. I just don't think he needed to show everything every time. Like... even as a religious song I don't think TMTTK needed all that.

It's not really that I preferred Lauren either, it was kind of a weak season overall and my main favorites (Hunter and Vanessa) left in the semifinals.

10 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I'm not too sure myself tbh.

I think you got it right with the bolded but it's not just that because I prefer Victor's voice and his prelive performances to Cam's (except KO), even though Vic was undeniably not as consistent vocally when lives came around, and even less dynamic.

If I had to try and pinpoint a reason, I'm not really enamored by his tone, it doesnt stand out as unique or distinct to me and doesn't help that he usually sounded the same throughout his range.

I can favour a contestant that's limited vocally but I have to love their tone and they gotta have few vocal issues in their performances. Chloe Kohanski is the best example of this. 

I cant deny cam has some of the best vocal agility and run placement in recent years though, and just like Morgan, was usually near the top when I ranked performances.

I love him, but I wanted more power and range from him. His ability to stay on pitch was insane tho. He was also very consistent.

I wish he was on a season with a longer format, so we would've witnessed his full potential.

Agree that Cam wasn’t the rangiest or most powerful singer but I don’t think he needed to be. His performances were always controlled and easy on the ears. I found his tone more enjoyable than Victor’s.

7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Agree that Cam wasn’t the rangiest or most powerful singer but I don’t think he needed to be. His performances were always controlled and easy on the ears. I found his tone more enjoyable than Victor’s.

Yea, this is true. I just said what I wanted  him to show, he was amazing regardless.

I, too, prefer his tone over Victor.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

Ohh, there's a thread for this. For me these artists are really good and I respect their vocal prowess, I'm just not a fan of them. 

1. Katie Kadan

2. Jordan Smith

3. Omar Jose Cardona

4. John Holiday

5. Ryan Gallagher

6. Jake Hoot

7. Billy Gilman

8. Chris Blue

9. Brynn Cartelli

10. Brooke Simpson

Historically, best example would be Sawyer Fredericks. I was not a fan of his, probably because there were so many singers that season who I strongly preferred (namely Queen Kimberly Nichole, but I also preferred Koryn Hawthorne, India Carney, and Meghan Linsey). But he was undeniably a fantastic singer, especially for his age.

Others include (not in any particular order), Billy Gilman, Carter Rubin, Sundance Head, Rayshun Lamarr, DaNica Shirey, and Katie Kadan.

I almost included Kim Cruse, but she really grew on me in her last few performances. I thought her voice was technically extremely impressive, but she just didn't connect with me until the lives started. So I can't say I'm not a fan, because I turned into one later.

11 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I love him, but I wanted more power and range from him. His ability to stay on pitch was insane tho. He was also very consistent.

Yeah I mean, if I don't like your tone that much, that's probably what would have put it over the edge for me in terms of really liking him. But as floorwax said, he didn't really need to. 

11 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I wish he was on a season with a longer format, so we would've witnessed his full potential.

Agree, can say the same about that for a lot of contestants over these past few years though

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...