The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

Ok, before we begin cycle 2, each of you now need to choose a team to get your fast forward for the cycle.

You cannot choose the following teams, as they have already received the fast forward.

Freddy & Kendra

Weaver Family

Carol & Brandy 

Misa & Maiya

Josh & Brent

Lisa & Michelle

Cody & Jessica 

@Alex95 @*Chris @*Diana @JC @Weedy_Speedy @Steven_ @QueenKalie

Edited by *Amanda

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR CYCLE 2 FAST FORWARD)

CYCLE 2: THE SUPER CYCLE

giphy.gif

Now that the first cuts are out of the way, it's time to really start trimming the fat. Every so often on the race, there is a "Keep On Racing" pit stop, where the racers have to check in with Phil but then are told to keep racing, as it is the midpoint of a double leg. That is the inspiration for this cycle. There will be twice as many nomination rounds and cuts. Each ranker will get two separate nomination rounds throughout the duration of this cycle. Once the cycle is over, we will be down to 194 teams.

THE RULES

1. When it is your turn, you will nominate 12 teams.

2. On a first come, first serve basis, the remaining 6 rankers will cut one team and save one team each.

3. You have 30 minutes from the time of your initial cut post to produce a 100-word write up for your cut to count.

4. You cannot nominate any team that has received a Fast Forward or Express Pass for the cycle, as well as any team saved in the round immediately before yours.

5. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING OF YOUR INITIAL CUT/SAVE POST FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. Please quote it if you need to make changes.

6. Each ranker has an Express Pass. If you would like to use it on a team at any point, please state so by posting in this thread before someone claims that team as a cut/save. That team will be immune for the rest of the cycle and the last team remaining that round will automatically be cut, as there will be no replacement nominee.

7. In order to keep this rankdown moving along, you have 24 hours from the time nominations are posted to get your cut in. If you do not make your cut by the 24 hour mark or ask for an extension, any ranker can jump in to make the cut and you will receive a strike.

NOMINATION ORDER

BvAKzvF.png

1. @Weedy_Speedy

2. @QueenKalie

3. @Alex95

4. @Steven_

5. @*Chris

6. @Steven_

7. @JC

8. @*Diana

9. @Alex95

10. @JC

11. @*Diana

12. @*Chris

13. @Weedy_Speedy

14. @QueenKalie

YOU CANNOT NOMINATE:

Uchenna & Joyce

TK & Rachel

Andrew & Dan

Brent & Caite

Caroline & Jennifer

Bergen & Kurt

Tanner & Josh

Leo & Jamal

Ethan & Jenna

Kevin will start us off! He can post his list of 12 nominees whenever he's ready.

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (CYCLE 2 INFO ON PAGE 12)

I came up with these noms with help from the randomizer, so if you see your all-time fav here, sorry about your luck.

Ron & Kelly

Aiello Family

Kelly & Christy

Mark & Michael

Meghan & Cheyne

Zev & Justin

Elliot & Andrew

Jessica & John

Adam & Bethany

Jeff & Jackie

Cedric & Shawn

April & Sarah

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (KEVIN’S NOMINATIONS ON PAGE 12)

Ron & Kelly

y6cqU5I.png

Ron & Kelly’s morph from offensively boring to downright offensive is a shocking one. I think they were supposed to be America’s sweethearts. Ron as a prisoner of war in Iraq and Kelly as a pageant queen. America ended up hating Kelly for the horrible comments she made towards Ron though. And I’m not sure how America felt about Ron (they probably loved him because Kelly treated him awfully and he served this country) but I hated Ron just as much as Kelly. I’m not gonna even cover Ron & Kelly’s first half of the race because they brought nothing to the show. Ron had a hot shirtless scene and had a funny comment about how the meat eating challenge was worse than what he ate as a POW. Other than that, they gave us nothing except narrowly beating Ryan & Chuck in a footrace, thus saving themselves from being eliminated first. I was okay with that at the time but looking back, what a missed opportunity that was!
Kelly then decided to reveal to the world that she is actually a terrible human being. She started off light by telling Ron that he was a piece of trash redneck for not driving as fast as she’d like :dead: . Lolz I actually found that lowkey funny, but I also knew she was only going to get worse from there. As the two of them realized they were not meant to be though, they just treated each other worse. Ron admits that he’s not ready to settle down and start a family. I mean he’s been dating her a while now so maybe they should’ve discussed this sooner, but fair enough, at least he’s being upfront and honest with her. Kelly calls him out for having commitment issues. Fair enough! However…...her example? He wasn’t committed to the military and decided to quit that by becoming a POW. Ummmmmmmmmm. I’m sure I don’t even need to get into how disgusting of a remark that is. To belittle him and call him a quitter for being a POW (lol that’s exactly what Trump said and I bet the same fans who were disgusted by this comment from Kelly voted for him to be president). I digress. Still, this is one of the most disgusting things anyone has said to someone they supposedly love on this show.
Kelly spends the rest of the season bitching Ron out and I can’t even enjoy it because she is so truly awful. Ron’s no angel himself either though! Ron is one of the most sexist men I have ever seen on the race. He belittles her multiple occasions in regards to her gender about how women can’t do anything men can do. Whenever Kelly would actually righteously call him out on something he would pretty much be like “Lol stop being such a woman”. He was clearly seething that he wasn’t doing the race with another alpha male. He was at his worst during the double-decker bus roadblock that Kelly struggled with, making cringe jokes like “Harr darr women suck at driving, I, the man, should be doing this” (despite the fact that Rob and Meredith also struggled at the roadblock). He was so adamant that he could do it better he threatened to lose the race and waste time doing the roadblock he didn’t have to do just to prove his point. Luckily for all of us, they ended up losing in the final leg because they suck with directions and couldn’t figure out how to get to the airport lol.

Save Zev & Justin

Aiello Family

S8-Aiello-Family.jpg

It's zero secret I am no fan of the family race season so this makes for a easy cut for me. Tony Aiello, Kevin Kempskie, Matt Hanson, and David Alverson are a team of Father and Sons-In-Law on The Amazing Race: Family Edition. They are a team of an father and his sons-in-laws from Mansfield, Massachusetts. They lasted 3 legs on the race before being eliminated because they were in last place after making the mistake of grabbing the last number and never having the time to catch up after the road block. They did not make it very far in to the season so I think this is a fair cut 

Saving:  Meghan & Cheyne

Edited by *Diana

APRIL & SARAH

S30_AprilSarah.jpg

April & Sarah were a team of friends who worked in Goat Yoga. They competed on The Amazing Race 30, and they were the second boot of the season. Navigation issues put them in the back of the pack. They barely escaped elimination in the first leg due to a very close foot race. They weren’t so lucky in Leg 2, unable to surpass the other racers with the new Head-to-Head twist. April seemed like a big fan of the show who dreamed of being on the race for so long (something that Sarah teased her about at one point), so it’s too bad her experience on the race wasn’t longer. But since they were early boots, I believe this is a fair elimination to make.

Saving Adam & Bethany.

Edited by Steven_

Cedric & Shawn

marion-ceballos-amazing-race-620x370.jpg

Cedric & Shawn were former basketball players who competed on season 30 of The Amazing Race.  I was familiar with them from their NBA days and they were some what noteworthy basketball players. Being former professional athletes didn't help them on the race unfortunately. They were eliminated on episode 4 so they didn't make much of an impact on the show. WIth the exception of leg 2 they were always in the back of the pack so they were quite weak racers. They were saved during leg 3 by a non elimination leg so if it wasn't for a bit of luck they would have been eliminated even earlier then they actually were. There is not much more that needs to be said about this team so out they go from this rankdown now.