The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

Dave & Connor

Season 22/24

amazingrace_022114~4.jpg

I regret to inform you that I won't be giving these two too much of a #scathingreview because I have never watched TAR24 nor do I ever plan to. Honestly, I had enough of these assholes in the four episodes they were in season 22. Their story was that they both had cancer and the dad cried a lot--figuratively AND literally. Also he broke his achilles tendon and still won a bunch of legs or w/e, partly by playing the sympathy card for the second Express Pass. Anyway, they were eventually forced to withdraw from the race, which is good because we didn't have to see them anymore and it caused for a fun addition to the "Chuck & Wynona are spared by an act of god" running gag. It was all bit inevitable that they'd return for another crack at the race though, where they won under what I understand to be shady circumstances. Also they got U-Turned and proceeded to be crying b!tches about it because yes they are a strong team and yes they've won multiple legs, but YOU CAN'T U-TURN A SENIOR CITIZEN #cryingdad #soundsaboutwhite. I guess most of this stuff applies to Dave but Connor was essentially wallpaper so horrendous + nothing = horrendous. Anyway, wanted to take the opportunity to cut them because it's long overdue.

Save Duke & Lauren. Remember where I mentioned "domino effect" with Jody & Shannon? Them failing at life spared Tom & Terry, after which they too would fail at life, sparing Dustin & Kandice. We stan useful early eliminated teams. ❤️ 

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

Also Debra & Steve were adorable. I don't remember the context but there was a moment where Steve was having an emotional moment because he felt like he let Debra down, but she wasn't having that. Alex already mentioned them bunking with Reichen & Chip, plus "I did things today I never thought I could do!" ❤️ Literally the only team (besides Steve & Dave I guess) from TAR4 that weren't raging assh0les.

P4Q0s.gif

A team that competed on the 4th season of Amazing Race, they were cast as a "dating couple" despite just being friends - this was one of the most interesting thing about them, and mainly Cindy who wanted to be more than friends which did not work. Their relationship was fairly toxic, where it would lead to many arguments throughout the race - this did not reflect well on Russell who would often belittle Cindy, but that's not to say Cindy was a saint either as I truly believe they brought the worst in each other.  And they were never a contender in the race as they would constantly fall in the middle of the back, and luckily for us we did not need to witness any more of their toxic relationships on our television when they got eliminated in the 3rd leg of the race. Honestly, their elimination is lowkey iconic simply because they went to the wrong train station & got tickets to the wrong location (Gmund rather than Gmuden) #amazing.  And the best thing to come out of them competing on TAR is they realized that they're not meant for each other, romantically and friendship wise, and they stopped talking to each other.

SAVING: ERIC & JEREMY

15 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Oswald & Danny are the first gay winners in my heart :wub:. Reichen & Chip were barely out on the show :kissbye: (and also raging misogynists lol)

This is not untrue especially with Chip he was annoying. However, in fairness to them, if I had been on the show back then I may have made misogynistic and femmephobic comments, so I hope they have grown and have been able to love themselves for being gay. I also do not think that just because gay guys are “masculine” they are not acting like themselves. I choose to act however I am, and I am not flamboyant, it comes out occasionally but I am however I naturally am. No need to purposefully “act flamboyant” to be gay. But also not good to purposefully suppress your true self just to fit society’s standards. I am not excusing their past behavior (everyone should be held accountable and reflect on their past) but just saying I hope they have grown in the past 20 years.

1 minute ago, JC said:

This is not untrue especially with Chip he was annoying. However, in fairness to them, if I had been on the show back then I may have made misogynistic and femmephobic comments, so I hope they have grown and have been able to love themselves for being gay. I also do not think that just because gay guys are “masculine” they are not acting like themselves. I choose to act however I am, and I am not flamboyant, it comes out occasionally but I am however I naturally am. No need to purposefully “act flamboyant” to be gay. But also not good to purposefully suppress your true self just to fit society’s standards. I am not excusing their past behavior (everyone should be held accountable and reflect on their past) but just saying I hope they have grown in the past 20 years.

Oh yeah lol I was mainly joking. They’re still the first gay winners. Obviously I was exaggerating with raging misogynists but it never sat well with me how Chip tossed Millie at the fight over the fiacre. Especially with all the outrage over Guido vs. Nancy when really all they did was stand in her way and she fell.

And I don’t care if they’re more masculine gays (though they were a bit #Masc4MascNoFem) I like all kinds of gay representation. I just didn’t like them.

Brandon & Adam

ar23_cast_brandon_adam.jpg

I don't care about either of the teams that I am left with so I googled them both and chose to cut these guys based off pictures. I am sure no one stans these guys so its gotta be fine.  Surprisingly these guys did win a leg of the race on leg 4 but then they went from first to last in leg 5 and were eliminated from the race then. They were a bit of a mixed bag as far as their performances went. In this first leg they were 10th of out 11th place. The second leg they were 3 out 10 and the 3rd leg they were 5 out of 9.  I don't really remember these 2 anyways so I am totally fine cutting them here so out they go from the rankdown now. 

Saving Preston & Jennifer

Ok, no it’s really @Steven_’s turn to nominate. :dead: You cannot nominate:

Uchenna & Joyce

TK & Rachel

Andrew & Dan

Brent & Caite

Caroline & Jennifer

Bergen & Kurt

Tanner & Josh

Reichen & Chip

Eric & Danielle

Garrett & Jessica

Duke & Lauren

Eric & Jeremy

Preston & Jennifer 

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (STEVEN’SNOMINATIONS ON PAGE 15)

Kevin & Jenn

Kevin-Ng-and-Jenn-Lee-The-Amazing-Race.j

I’ll update this later but I’m cutting Kevin & Jenn mainly cause of The Challenge lol. I haven’t gotten to 29 on my rewatch yet so I barely remember them. I thought they were kinda goofy and fun, but they also kinda sucked lol. They got so lost that by the time they got to the detour it was already closed :dead:. They managed to not come in last place, but they had to wait out a penalty for not completing the detour and that eliminated them. I always thought that was kinda unfair since it wasn’t their choice not to do the detour, but I guess they got SO lost it was kinda their fault. Randomly years later, Jenn Lee appeared on The Challenge: Total Madness as the first crossover team from TAR. Why? Literally no one knows. She was a trainwrecky first boot there and got her ass kicked embarassingly by Jenny, the eventual winner, in the first elimination. Though I enjoyed her antics, I did not enjoy her trying to come for Big T post-show and manufacture drama with her. I’m currently in my Big T feelings for.......reasons so let me be :(. Anyways, based on the race they’re still an obvious cut

Save Justin & Diana 👀. Don’t worry I won’t save them for a while, but I always had a soft spot for their love and passion for the race (and I was #TeamThem over Tanner & Josh to the surprise of no one)

Edited by Alex95

Idries & Jamil

idries_jamil.jpg

Idries & Jamil are a pretty unmemorable so I don't mind cutting them here.  They are a pair of twin doctors that competed on the twenty second season of the amazing race. They were eliminated during the second leg of the race so they didn't last very long. They were in the back of the pack during the first leg too so it was a very poor showing for this pair of twins. They were involved in a lawsuit in 2014 claiming a hospital refused to hire them because they were practicing Muslims. Not sure how the lawsuit faired but obviously I don't support discrimination of any type. But considering they had little impact on the race they are an easy cut and out they go from the rankdown now. 

Saving Nicole & Victor

Susan & Patrick

Season 7

341.jpg

Season 7 was really edited to be "everyone vs. Rob & Amber" and with Patrick, it started from the word go, before Rob & Amber even had the opportunity to do anything. This led to a strange one-leg "rivalry" between the two as Susan & Patrick was mainly running neck and neck with them at the top of the pack. I don't remember what they did in leg two, I think they finished somewhere in the middle. In leg 3 however, Patrick was one of the many racers who quit the awful meat-eating Roadblock, much to Susan's frustration. Luckily for them, they were saved by Debbie & Bianca being clueless with directions. They then competed in leg 4, which lacked an equalizer, and they hit a double whammy when the boat they were using for the detour quit working. So all in all, a forgettable unimportant early boot. The best thing about them, though? Is that Patrick would write a letter to Rob & Amber years later for All-Stars, in the much more epic one-leg feud those two had with Charla & Mirna, where he hoped his letter would find them "broke, hungry, tired, and in last place". Actually that makes this hilarious, kinda wish I'm not cutting them now, but whatever I'm already this far in the write-up lmao. I still don't understand exactly what Rombuh did to Patrick to make him still soooo petty years later. Too funny.

Save...whomever I saved. Oh Burnie & Ashley, I liked them.

mgc5Y.gif

As we can already figure out, the Black family were part of the family edition of The Amazing Race which was the 8th season of the popular reality-tv competition - it was truly a good concept but it just felt short for me, and I wouldn't mind seeing them trying to redo a family edition.  The Black family is composed of Reggie, Kimberley, Kenneth and Austin whom were 11 & 8 at the time of filming.  Unfortunately for the family, their journey on The Amazing Race lasted for one whole episode as they got eliminated during the first race - they were unable to arrive to the pit stop before the Linz family, although I would have love to see them last over Linz; I guess they lasted longer than them in the concept of a rankdown. 

SAVING: LIBBY & CJ