American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

There's more drama in one season of a singing show than in those crappy scripted reality shows.

You should've been here for the glory days. Season 7 (which you were watching) has some gems, like a contestant restarting their performance and Paula judging a contestant before he even performed. ❤️❤️❤️ 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

You should've been here for the glory days. Season 7 (which you were watching) has some gems, like a contestant restarting their performance and Paula judging a contestant before he even performed. ❤️❤️❤️ 

Paula tried to warn us that Jason’s second performance was going to be a mess. :giggle:

Just now, Weedy_Speedy said:

I only watched the performances so I know nothing about the drama. I will credit idol for having entertaining drama. Usually the voice doesn't get much drama. There was a guy kicked off for violating covid and a 14 year old girl who got sick and didn't perform and still won the Twitter vote anyways but usually a season goes by without anything at all.

15 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I will credit idol for having entertaining drama. Usually the voice doesn't get much drama.

Drama is good when it happens naturally, like this season. There were a few years where they were trying to manufacture drama (8, 13, 14) for SHOCK VALUE and it was just pathetic.

Speaking of which, @Elliott you should ask Clark how much of a douche Harry and Scott really were lmao.

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

2 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Speaking of which, @Elliott you should ask Clark how much of a douche Harry and Scott really were lmao.

He liked Harry and thought he was a great judge. He chose not to comment on Scott, though. :giggle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Shady!Wally spilling all the tea :wub:

I try my best. :giggle: 

47 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Part of me wonders if it's a cultural thing, I mean I don't think he meant it as bestowing the privilege to Sheryl Crowe to perform at his show although that's definitely how it's coming across. :haha: Not that I'm making excuses for him, he should've been a professional and performed for the fans that voted for him.

But I would be a liar if I said I wasn't enjoying the drama lmao. Clark Beckham of all people being the messenger for the Idol Tea is icing on the cake. ❤️ 

I did wonder that at first when I saw the moral reasons comment. And maybe he didnt m ean the Sheryl comment the way it came across but yeah IT DID come off like that. :dead: 

46 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

There's more drama in one season of a singing show than in those crappy scripted reality shows.

:dead: 

44 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Having met him on multiple occasions, I’m not surprised in the slightest that he’s a tea spiller. :giggle:

:haha: 

34 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

LMAOOO One of my all-time favorite moments! :wub: 

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Why pick between Brooke or Jason when they were both busy robbing Michael and Carly :/

Kristy Lee Cook is also right there.

Because I would've rather sat through Brooke's self-implosions for another week than Jason's... whatever he was doing.

But I obviously wanted Michael and Carly in the Top 5 with Cook, Syesha and Archie. :wub:

12 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Why pick between Brooke or Jason when they were both busy robbing Michael and Carly :/

I was the only one who predicted Michael would leave on top 8 in the prediction game so I didn't mind his elimination. 😈

13 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I was the only one who predicted Michael would leave on top 8 in the prediction game so I didn't mind his elimination. 😈

Throwback to S11's first Top 7 week when I was the only one in the prediction game who predicted Blandchez rightfully being eliminated that week and getting saved, and I had half of IDF coming for me for daring to predict that. :giggle:

Or in S9's Shania week when I was the only one who even predicted Siobhan being eliminated, let alone in the B3. :devilwave:

57 minutes ago, Elliott said:

That Paula moment was iconic but I just remember it rallying up the Dreadful fans to power vote for Jason over Brooke :/

Jason and Brooke were kinda self destructing at this point of the season though... and were on their last legs of their run. 🙈 Although at least Brooke delivered "I Am, I Said."