American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

1 minute ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

I didn't feel Casey's first few performances so idk. I really need to watch the rest of this season lol.

She got really, really good in the finals, imo. She delivered my favourite performance of the night from Top 12 (13?) week until her elimination with Over the Rainbow, When She Loved Me, Ironic and Livewire.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I know it's more of a meme at this point, but I've never really dug it as a way as classification since most of them fit different musical niches (and that one of the "WGWGs" is half Korean).

Ooh yeah very true they are of different musical genres/niches as you said. And I never considered Laine to be a WGWG as he is half Korean.

13 minutes ago, Elliott said:

She got really, really good in the finals, imo. She delivered my favourite performance of the night from Top 12 (13?) week until her elimination with Over the Rainbow, When She Loved Me, Ironic and Livewire.

Good to know! I'll try to watch a bit this afternoon, I should be able to squeeze in an episode or two.

Just now, *Wallace said:

Ooh yeah very true they are of different musical genres/niches as you said.

I mean some people here considered Clark Beckham a WGWG and like... I guess technically yes but also not really what I'd consider as a "WGWG".

Though it is kind of ironic how the one WGWG winner who fits the WGWG mantra the most is my least favourite winner by a landslide. :giggle:

Just now, Weedy_Speedy said:

Good to know! I'll try to watch a bit this afternoon, I should be able to squeeze in an episode or two.

If you just skip the judges, B*bby and useless filler, you can probably get through the rest of the season. :dead:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

I didn't feel Casey's first few performances so idk. I really need to watch the rest of this season lol.

13 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I'm not nearly as big on Casey as Elliott is but she really grew on me towards the finals and latter half of the season and with said performances he mentioned. :yes: So I can back him up on that.

But yeah I was more into the belters in Grace and Willie throughout the season. Sure some of their song choices weren't ideal but I felt they had the most standout performances alongside Casey.

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Though it is kind of ironic how the one WGWG winner who fits the WGWG mantra the most is my least favourite winner by a landslide. :giggle:

Also on the subject of that godforsaken year, CTG has completely scrubbed any mention of Idol from her official website and social media accounts, and doesn't acknowledge the show in interviews, so I think we should respect her wishes and make sure all of her performances get eliminated in the first round ❤️

• Like 1

I mean some people here considered Clark Beckham a WGWG and like... I guess technically yes but also not really what I'd consider as a "WGWG".

Oooh omg I forgot about this. Yeah I never really consider Clark a WGWG either. Maybe moreso a WGWP - p for piano as i think of him more as a piano player than guitarist. :haha: 

Aww don't do Lee dirty like that. :(....  Lol teasing. I know who this is referring to. :claybleh:

Also on the subject of that godforsaken year, CTG has completely scrubbed any mention of Idol from her official website and social media accounts, and doesn't acknowledge the show in interviews, so I think we should respect her wishes and make sure all of her performances get eliminated in the first round ❤️

Lol I was like what's CTG? :huh: But this is referring to JAX I assume. And lol oh youuu here with this message. :haha: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

Lol I was like what's CTG? :huh: But this is referring to JAX I assume. And lol oh youuu here with this message. :haha: 

I thought we established by now that when people choose stupid stage names, I will mock it incessantly!

See also: The Idol Contestant Formerly Known As Angie Miller™ and whatever Juliet Simms now goes by

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I thought we established by now that when people choose stupid stage names, I will mock it incessantly!

See also: The Idol Contestant Formerly Known As Angie Miller™ and whatever Juliet Simms now goes by

:dead: 

Ooh lmaooo yeah I remember Angie started using a stage name some years ago. I have no idea which one Juliet's is. :haha: 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

I have no idea which one Juliet's is. :haha: 

I've already forgotten it because I listened to the one song she released under her new name and it was horrendous.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I've already forgotten it because I listened to the one song she released under her new name and it was horrendous.

LMAOOO. :dead: Never though I would hear you say this. :haha:  

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

That's because he was a wgwg, not a WGWG like the rest of them.

(Meaning he was generic as f*ck and not at all standout/no charisma/etc.)

If you just skip the judges, B*bby and useless filler, you can probably get through the rest of the season. :dead:

Oh I'm only gonna be watching performances lol. Maybe the contestant intro packages.

I think we should just skip straight to the Quoey (ft. Tyanna I guess) top 20 and be done with it.

• Confused 1

Alex, JC, Wallace, and I are cutting: 

Jared Cotter "Let's Get It On"

Antonella Barba "Put Your Records On"

Haley Scarnato "If My Heart Had Wings"

Leslie Hunt "A Natural Woman"

Haley Scarnato "Turn The Beat Around"

We’re cutting

Chris Sligh "Wanna Be Loved"

Alaina Alexander "Brass In Pocket (I'm Special)"

Jordin Sparks "Livin' On A Prayer"

Nicole Tranquillo "Stay"