Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

Katie Piper

strictly-katie-piper-16f398f.jpg?quality

Katie Piper appeared on Strictly in 2018, where she was partnered with Gorka. She has a super inspirational story, overcoming an acid attack and becoming a writer, activist and speaker. Unfortunately, she was not the best of dancers. I think she had one nicer dance, which was the Foxtrot based around La La Land in movie week, but otherwise I feel like she just never really shone through and she struggled with her confidence, which is totally understandable with all she's been through and stepping into a new experience. While I like Katie and her run on the show, I do feel this is fair for her to go at this stage.

Saving Simon Rimmer

Well known journalist Charlotte Hawkins was chosen to be one of the celebrity to compete on Strictly Come Dancing's 15th series in 2017.  She was partnered with Brendan Cole whose choreography is often hit or miss, and I feel it was often a miss for Charlotte Hawkins whom I had high expectations for.  Ironically enough, Charlotte's best dance was her first ever dance which was a Foxtrot that scored 22 out of 40. Unfortunately, she was unable to improve that score as she struggles with the Cha Cha Cha - actually terrible, Tango - I normally love the tango but that was hard to watch, and ended her journey with the Jive which was her second best routine but that does not say alot. 

I feel with these routines and knowing how she was candid on how the show and the routines was a struggle for her. 

SAVING: CAROL KIRKWOOD

Edited by *Chris

Does anyone feel or notice how similar Charlotte & Katie’s runs on the show were? 😮

- Both of them are blonde lovely women, who performed 4 dances, were the 3rd boot and made it to 13th place of their respective seasons

- Both had their best dance with a Foxtrot, scoring a 22 each (and their only dance to score above a 20).

- Both had their worst (and lowest scoring) dance on Week 2

- Both danced 4 dances as mentioned above, and they both danced a Foxtrot & Jive

- Both of them got eliminated on a Jive (both their 2nd highest scoring dance).

So yeah, so many similarities… and I was thinking it would be cute and hoping they would go back to back with all of these parallels. :haha: Thank you, Lily & Chris. :giggle: 

The only major difference in their runs is that Katie & Gorka had a great partnership where he built up her confidence and she got improved, whereas Charlotte & Brendan had an awkward partnership which probably hindered her confidence (with the whole Brendan vs. Shirley drama that took over the partnership). A shame in Charlotte’s case because she started with great potential. 

Seann Walsh

2503.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

I’m kinda surprised Seann Walsh is someone I forgot to nominate already because while his time in the show was..a rollercoaster to say the least, I didn’t enjoy him. Seann is a comedian who was paired with the then-reigning champ Katya. Initially he didn’t do too great, and then managed to have one breakout routine with his Paso Doble in Movie Week. Their dance was a big favorite and made it seem like they could have been underdogs, but then.. the kiss.

Seann and Katya were caught kissing by the tabloids which became front-page news. It’s insane to think now how big this story really became. :omg: Seann and Katya were both in relationships at the time, with Seann’s girlfriend releasing a statement talking about how he was an emotionally abusive partner. Seann and Katya both apologised on It Takes Two but the damage was done, and they left in Week 6. One of the most iconic downfalls in Strictly history, but not enough to justify keeping these two around.

Save Ainsley Harriott

Stephanie Beacham

stephanie01.jpg

Stephanie Beacham is an actress best known for starring in popular 80s soaps, such as Dynasty and The Colbys, as well as the ITV prison drama, Bad Girls. Years lately, Stephanie participated in the 5th series of Strictly Come Dancing, where she was partnered with Vincent Simone. Stephanie only got to perform on one week, where she performed on the Women’s Night episode where she danced a Quickstep to “Suddenly I See” scoring a 24 (all 6’s). Series 5 was pretty iconic with its cast, and Stephanie looked like she had some potential. She landed in the Bottom 2 against Letitia Dean but Stephanie lost that dance-off on a 3-1 vote. Therefore that ended her time on Strictly, and now her time on this rankdown. 

I can only find her dance-off version of her Quickstep  so I will link that below:

Saving: Tameka Empson

p04bpprj.jpg

Also kinda surprised how far Seann made it considering he has like the biggest Strictly scandal of the modern Strictly era. Lily said it all so well..... and yeah he had such a fall from grace there. 🙈 And I'll never forget the awkwardness of that ITT apology interview.

Deborah Meaden

STRICTLY-DEB-1194940.jpg

Deborah was on Season 11 of Strictly Come Dancing and she danced with pro Robin Windsor. I disliked these two so I will cut them now. I don't think they were a very likeable couple in my opinion. Robin isn't a likeable pro as is so that makes it difficult  because Deborah was not very likeable by herself so together it just wasn't a good fit. Despite dancing 5 weeks they never scored higher than a 7. Most of her dances got a mix of 6 and 7s so very average. Highest was all 7s for a Quickstep and lowest was a pretty bad a cha cha. I am surprised her lowest score was a 5 because I thought she was pretty awkward and not a good dancer at all.

Saving: Caroline Quentin

MARTINA HINGIS

Strictly-Come-Dancing-200-001.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=e23720046641a4075b7fc6408ea09f7c

A case can certainly be made for Dan or Martina as to why they should remain in this rankdown; It's a bit ironic that both of them - 2 professional tennis players -  were eliminated early on during their journey on Strictly Come Dancing where both showed great potential.  And for the cut, I decided to go with Martina Hingis as she's the one who competed the least amount of weeks on Strictly Come Dancing where her elimination was shocking, especially after two strong routines for the first 2 Weeks of the competition.  

With that being said, here are her two routines done on the 7th series where she was partnered with Matthew Cutler; I personally enjoyed both of those routines & it's truly a shame that she was in the bottom - she should have been saved over Rav.

SAVING: DAN LOBB

@*Lily will wrap up the cycle. She can only nominate from odd numbered seasons and cannot nominate any of the folliwng:

Denise Lewis

Mark Ramprakash

Helen George

Ore Oduba

Danny Mac

Ainsley Harriott

Tameka Emperson

Caroline Quentin

Dan Lobb

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

Nominations:

Peter Schmeichel

Jessie Wallace

Gillian Taylforth

Ricky Groves

Fiona Fullerton

Naga Munchetty

Brian Conley

JJ Chalmers

As flawless as your noms are and wish these could be legit, you do have the restriction of nominating from only odd seasons.

So you can't nominate Peter, Jessie, Gillian, Naga or JJ. 

13 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

As flawless as your noms are and wish these could be legit, you do have the restriction of nominating from only odd seasons.

So you can't nominate Peter, Jessie, Gillian, Naga or JJ. 

Ohh dang I totally forgot about this :dead: Thanks Wally! I will renom :haha:

• Haha 1