Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

DON WARRINGTON

b80323836f3f7aac1298c244b9932c95f5f1286a.jpg

Known for his acting career, where he appeared in both comedy and drama series, Don Warrington was invited to take part of the 6th series of Strictly Come Dancing. ON the series, he was partnered with Lilia Kopylova which was an interest pairing - the word interesting can also be used to describe their journey on Strictly Come Dancing. Their first ever routine which was a Cha Cha Cha was no bueno - it was super shaky, lacking the proper techniques, and not excited to watch.  After a scoring a incredible low score of 19, they did deliver quite an impressive Tango the following week which scored a 30 -  I absolutely love Tango and while it was a good one per Don`s standard, there`s nothing remarkable about it.  The following week, he went back to struggling which was not enough to justify keeping them in Strictly. Overall, their journey was MEH hence why I am cutting him from the rankdown.

SAVING: DEBORAH MEADEN

Dominic Littlewood

g_kVuCdm42X0Zv0Ekbhqi7NYyS04LRMPJZaFXg1YYYTNsJVeZ6Y2EOpT6AwW8MTl4reqKsL68usAo0etPntIfyX5P3_fGSHMRJIzCh9IFlQesR7Qow

Dominic Littlewood appeared on Series 5 of Strictly, partnered with Lilia. Yikes well after Lilia made the finals two times in a row I feel like the show didn't give her the greatest of partners. 🙈 I really didn't like Dominic and got a bit of a weird vibe from him. His scores were higher than I remember them being - he came second on the leaderboard in the first week somehow, followed by scoring 25/26 scores until his elimination so that's not too bad. But I wasn't a fan of him at the time and feel like I didn't really agree with those scores. Dominic did not take his elimination well and spoke about it afterwards, going as far to complain about his last score saying his dance was "almost flawless". I would hope this was said in a joking context but I almost wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

Save Ainsley Harriott

Lulu

525x394_team_brulu.jpgstrictly-come-dancing-brendan-cole-and-lulu-pic-bbc-877865500.jpg

#yikes... so Lulu and Brendan were NOT a good match. :dead: In all of the Strictly launch show reveals this was definitely the most awkward - because of heights it seemed like a weird match but you could instantly tell that they both had fiery personalities and the show wanted drama between these two. And they did not work well together at all. :haha: Lulu has an iconic career in music and was a great booking for the show. Her dancing was quite hit and miss - she started out with a mess of a first dance that went wrong a lot, and she was able to improve from there mostly scoring in the mid-20s range, but I think this pair will always be remembered for their mismatch. Brendan has talked about it in recent years how Lulu will always be his least favorite partner. Who knows who was to blame for this, I think they probably were both as bad as each other, but an easier cut for now.

Save Graeme Swann

ANDREW CASTLE

article-1082465-025553C6000005DC-600_468x357.jpg

An athlete by profession, or a Tennis player to be more specific, Andrew Castle competed on the 6th series of Strictly Come Dancing - I have to give it to Strictly Come Dancing for casting a variety of athletes compare to always the same type of athletes like Dancing With The Stars. When he joined the show, he was known for being a sport commentator notably on BBC and GMTV. He was partnered with Ola Jordan whom had her faire share of mediocre dancers.  On the show, Andrew was not terrible but he was also not super memorable - he started off decently with a 23 for the Cha Cha Cha.  And his first dance remains one of his better one, along with his Viennese Waltz - the majority of his dances were very messy whether it was difficulty with the lifts, the posture, feeling out of place, suffering injury and being limited, or almost dropping Ola.  And I doubt any of us will be crying over him leaving this rankdown so early as he didn't last any longer on the series.

SAVING: WHOEVER IS LEFT TO SAVE

Yay pleased with the Deborah, Ainsley and Graeme saves as I was hoping they would all get saved. 😄 

Reading through the write-ups..... oooooo ok I knew about Jason Bell dating Nadine Coyle but I did not know they had a child together. 😮 And I remember how he would always talk about his daughter and get so emotional talking about her on the show. So Wow this is all such news to me. :haha: 

Lol the Lulu & Brendan disasterous partnership. :dead:  I wish I remember their awkwardness messiness better but yeah I always hear things about them and the awkward launch show reveal. :haha: OMG Brendan really said Lulu was his least favorite partner? #Yikes. I feel like Brendan has more bad/awkward partnerships than good ones, tbh.

Nominations

Audley Harrison
Ben Cohen
Bill Turnbull
Craig Kelly
Daniel O'Donnell
Georgina Bouzova
Jan Ravens
Jessie Wallace
JJ Chalmers
Judy Murray
Katie Piper
Lee Ryan
Mike Bushell
Rachel Riley
Rav Wilding
Will Bayley

Lee Ryan

1538910308-strictly-dance-off-lee-ryan.j

Lee is a member of the boy band Blue along with former Strictly contestant Simon Webbe. Cool I guess. Lee danced during the sixteenth season of Strictly and was partnered with Nadiya Bychkova, finishing fourteenth in the competition. He only danced 3 different dances. First week was a Waltz that scored a 22. His highest scoring and most successful dance was during week 2 when he and Nadiya danced a Jive and scored a 26 which was generous LOL. The week he was eliminated was week three and he danced a cha cha and scored his lowest score of 19. Glad the judges had some sense to eliminate him after that dance. He didn't live up to the hype he had so I will cut him here

Saving: Katie Piper

Mike Bushell

download.jpg

Mike is known for presenting the main sports bulletins of the day on BBC Breakfast, as well as profiling main stream sports events from the Olympics etc. Just all the major sport events. He was on season 17 of the show dancing with Katya Jones.  I remember irrationally disliking this partnership from day one. They seemed pretty insufferable to me and I couldn't find a likeable quality to them. Which I know was unpopular because they lasted eight long weeks. Being constantly over hyped by the judges and getting 8 and 9s while talented females were nitpicked to death. It felt like I was watching the American version. His most successful dance was an overrated Quickstep which scored 32 and his lowest was a 14 for an American Smooth week 2 which I'll never understand how he didn't get eliminated that week. Glad to cut him now though.

Saving Rachel Riley

Mike being praised for doing the bare minimum while Shirley gave the female celebs of the season extremely harsh critiques that often felt like personal attacks the second they had a dance that was viewed as weaker was such a dark time for the show.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Mike being praised for doing the bare minimum while Shirley gave the female celebs of the season extremely harsh critiques that often felt like personal attacks the second they had a dance that was viewed as weaker was such a dark time for the show.

Sadly that is every season for dwts.  

Judy Murray

uktv-strictly-come-dancing-judy-murray-a

Judy Murray is a tennis coach, British Fed Cup captain and the mother of Tennis athletes Jamie and Andy Murray. Judy Murray competed on the 12th series of Strictly Come Dancing, where she was partnered with Anton du Beke. Is it Wally cutting another Anton partner? Why yess…. yes it is. 😘 Y’all know I always gotta take that chance to do so. :giggle:  I actually nearly nominated her my round but she was one of the last few I removed from nominating. Judy lasted 8 weeks and made it all the way to 9th place. It was really insane how long she lasted but not surprising since Anton had a lot of popularity with the public and managed to get his partners decently far….. back at this time. As you would expect from an Anton partner, Judy was an older woman who really wasn’t much of a good dancer at all.

Week 1: Waltz to “Mull of Kintrye” scoring an 18

Week 2: Cha-Cha to “She’s a Lady” scoring a 17

Week 3: Quickstep to “Don’t Rain on My Parade” scoring a 23 (out of 50)

Week 4: Tango to “Jealousy” scoring a 22

Week 5: Charleston to “Varsity Drag” scoring an 18

Week 6: American Smooth to “Cruelia De Vil” scoring a 20

Week 7: Paso Doble to “I Fought the Law” scoring an 18

Week 8: Viennese Waltz to “Let’s Go Fly a Kite” scoring a 24

Looking at the above dances, I’m struggling on which I liked. Okay, I do remember her Viennese Waltz being her best dance by far. She certainly improved from her first slow Waltz (which was really bad and she was so full of nerves). It was a good way for her to end her Strictly run. Judy’s Tango and American Smooth were okay  to decent dances for her standard and not as trainwrecky as most of her dances. Judy also had a tennis themed Cha-Cha on Week 2, because OF COURSE , which was so stiff and really bad. I feel like one of their dances that wasn’t allowed to have lifts - I want to say their Quickstep? Anton would literally throw her around, lift her about to prevent Judy from dancing in it. It was a MESS. :dead: Judy was on the Bottom of the leaderboard for 5 out of 8 weeks, Week 2 and Weeks 5 through 8. But yeah well done to Judy lasting as long as she did on the show but I was frustrated she outlasted people like Thom Evans and Alison Hammond, so at least that won’t happen here.

I’ll close this out with her Cha-Cha and Viennese Waltz.

Saving: Ben Cohen

AVWY.gif

25 minutes ago, *Diana said:

I legit debated doing the exact opposite for my 2nd cut :dead:

:dead: 

Lol I was thinking of Lee or Rachel for my 2nd saves, but you cut and saved them before I could get to them, soo I was scrambling. :lmao: 

Georgina Bouzova

strict10BBC_233x350.jpg

Georgina Bouzova is an actress, known for playing Staff Nurse Ellen Zitek in the BBC drama, Casualty. Georgina competed on the 4th series of Strictly Come Dancing where she partnered with James Jordan (which was also his first series of the show). For my second cut, I struggled and didn’t really know who to cut as I could have cut about 5 or 6 of them. :lmao: I decided to go with Georgina as she has the lowest scoring average of the nominees. Was it deserved amongst everyone else…. I don’t know but I just went with the scores, lol. Back to Georgina & James, gosh… I remember these two have such an uncomfortable and toxic partnership. I didn’t watch the season in live time, but Youtube had rehearsal footage of their dances and it was alll #yikes. We all know James is one of those ~blunt short fused pros, and he did not take it well with Georgina not being a natural dancer. He treated her quite badly, and it was tough to watch which made me feel bad for her. So I felt all of this affected her dancing and progress as a dancer. :( But a run-through of her dances.

Week 2: Rumba to “Let’s Get It On” scoring a 14

Week 3: Jive to “Burning Love” scoring an 18

Week 4: Foxtrot to “Have You Met Miss Jones?” scoring a 26

Georgina started off rough with her Rumba and Jive, neither of which were good dances. She did improve very well with her Foxtrot. So maybe she was much more of a ballroom girl. It’s a shame her journey ended so soon because maybe she & James could have worked better going forward. But i also think Georgina would have been better with a different and more patient pro too. I will link her best dance, her Foxtrot, below.

Saving: JJ Chalmers

giphy.gif