Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

Ricky Groves
ricky-groves-on-strictly-2009-pic-bbc-90

Ricky Groves is an actor best known for playing Garry Hobbs in EastEnders from 2000-2009. Before his role in EastEnders he appeared in the series Burnside, a spin-off from The Bill. I have never seen any of these shows but he seemed pretty popular to the acting community when he did the show. Ricky is was a part of the seventh season with pro Erin Boag.

When someone lasts ten weeks and never scores more than a one 8 and mostly 6 and 7s it's clear dancing isn't for him despite him being saved over and over for being bad. Meanwhile robbing dancers with potential. I have heard this story way too many times.

Saving: Fiona Fullerton

Brian Conley

brian-conley-strictly3-t.jpg

Brian Conley is an actor and comedian, who starred in shows such as Five Alive and Live From the Paladium and even had his own variety show on ITV, The Brian Conley Show, back in 1992. Many years later, Brian would put on his dancing shoes as he competed on the 15th series of Strictly Come Dancing, where he was partnered with Amy Dowden (which was her first series as a Pro dancer). 

Brian & Amy lasted 5 weeks and made it to 12th place. He danced the following routines.

Week 1: Tango to “Temptation” scoring a 16

Week 2: Cha-Cha to “Shake Your Groove Thing” scoring a 19

Week 3: American Smooth to “If I Only Had a Brain” scoring a 22

Week 4: Paso Doble to “I Believe In a Thing Called Love” scoring a 21

Week 5: Jive to “It’s Not Unusual” scoring a 16 (out of 30)

From his dances, his American Smooth stood out as his best and my favorite dance of his. Was it a technically great dance? No, but i did really enjoy this dance as he played the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz. Other than that, Brian wasn’t really that good or anything special. Nice, funny guy but he was just there. I do remember he formed a surprising friendship with Aston Merrygold, as they are two people you wouldn’t really expect to be friends but that made me like Brian more as a person. :haha: But yeah he’s done well making it through 3 cycles of this game but it’s a fair time for him to go now. I will post his American Smooth, as that was my favorite from him.

Saving: Will Thorp

065599768d128274bb5a5e3a498c7fd8.jpg

Russell Grant

SHOWBIZ%20Strictly%20220747

Russell Grant is an actor and an astrologer for daytime television programs such as Breakfast Time and Good Morning.  He is also a television presenter, one show being his own series called Russell Grant's Postcards.  He has been on a few reality shows, including Celebrity Fit Club and Celebrity Five Go To.  He was on the ninth series of Strictly Come Dancing and his partner was Flavia Cacace.  He danced eight dances - his first and lowest scored dance, a Cha-Cha (21), a Salsa (25), Foxtrot (28), Tango (24), Samba (22), Paso Doble (24), American Smooth (26), and his final dance, a Jive (24).  His lowest single score was a 4 and his highest single score was a 7.

Save Laila Rouass

CHRISTOPHER PARKER
_45213901_chris_bbc226b.jpg _40324427_dancing3_bbc_203.jpg

I've went back & forth on my decision, but I decided to cut Christopher Parker while saving Will Bayley on the basis that Christopher Parker overstayed his welcome on the first ever version of Strictly Come Dancing.   And before we get into his journey, let's paint a portrait of Christopher Parker - actor on the incredibly popular British soap, EastEnders who was partnered with Hannah Karrtuen; There's certainly no doubt that him being on EastEnders had an impact on his journey on the show. 

As mentioned earlier, Christopher Parker overstayed his welcome on Strictly Come Dancing - he somehow managed to make it all the way to 2nd place despite giving some mediocre routines; most of them we cannot watch online but just by the looks of the score, I assume he was not the best dancer. Here's a quick overview of his routines : He scored a 19 for his first routine which was a Cha Cha Cha, which was followed by a Quickstep which scored a 23 which is one of his better score which was in Week 2 and he was finalist :omg:.  He then danced a jive that scored a 19, a Foxtrot with a score of 28 which was his best score, a Samba that received a 15 which was probably terrible.  Other routines included a Waltz for a score of 22, a Paso Doble for a score of 15 which is one his lowest scoring dance - he would only improve by a few point the following week when he scored a 21 for the Tango and 16 for a Rumba.  For the reprise week, he received a score of 24 and 17 which is YIKES worthy.  And considering the scores are out of 40... his average is incredibly low for someone who ended up being a runner-up.

Overall, there's nothing really positive to say about Christopher Parker which is why I have decided to cut him over Will Bayley. 

SAVING : WILL BAYLEY

CYCLE 4: FROM THE TOP

giphy.gif

It's time for another rankdown classic! For your nominations this cycle, at least four of them must be of celebs who finished in the top half of their respective seasons. You can still nominate those who finished in the bottom half as long as at least four of your nominations fit the requirement for this cycle.

CYCLE RULES

1. When it is your turn, you will nominate 8 celebrities of your choosing, making sure that at least 4 of them finished in the top half of their season.

2. On a first come, first serve basis, the remaining 4 rankers will cut 1 and save 1 celebrity each.

3. You have 30 minutes to produce a 100-word write-up in order for your cut to be valid.

4. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING OF YOUR INITIAL CUT/SAVE POST FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. Please quote it if you need to make changes.

5. You cannot nominate any celebrity saved in the round immediately before yours or any celebrity with public immunity.

6. To use your private immunity, you must post in the thread that you are using it on a celebrity and who your replacement nominee is before someone claims them as a cut for your immunity to officially be valid.

7. Once a private immunity is used, that celebrity has public immunity until Top 150 and cannot be nominated.

7. In order to keep things moving, you have 24 hours from the time nominations are posted to make your cut. If you do not make your cut within 24 hours, any other ranker can jump in and make it and you will receive a strike.

NOMINATION ORDER

Ra6grOc.png

1. @*Lily

2. @*Chris

3. @*Wallace

4. @taylorkat

5. @*Diana

Lily is up first. She cannot nominate:

Denise Lewis

Mark Ramprakash

Helen George

Ore Oduba

Danny Mac

Fiona Fullerton

Will Thorp

Laila Rouass

Will Bayley

LMAO I’m the only one who hasn’t been able to nominate last or 2nd to last, huh? :dead: I think Randomizer is doing that to punish me as they know I love going towards the end. :lmao: 

But ooooo at this top half twist. This worries me a bit for how some of the noms will go but ahh this will be interesting. :haha:

Also what does an 8th place celeb (out of 15) qualify celeb would qualify as? As a top half or bottom half celeb?

3 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

Top half of the season = Top 5? 

Top half means Top 5 for 10 celebs, Top 6 for 12, Top 7 for 14 and so on.

To answer @*Wallace’s question, I’ll count Top 8 in a 15-person cast as top half to give you all more options.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Top half means Top 5 for 10 celebs, Top 6 for 12, Top 7 for 14 and so on.

To answer @*Wallace’s question, I’ll count Top 8 in a 15-person cast as top half to give you all more options.

Ahh thanks. :thumbs: 

17 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

I'm scared of this. :lmao:

LMAO I am too. :lmao: 

Simon Rimmer 

simon-rimmer-t.jpg?filter=w600

Simon Rimmer is a chef and co-presenter on Sunday Brunch.  He is a former freelance designer and textile design salesman that studied fashion and textile design (of course).  He was part of the fifteenth series of Strictly Come Dancing and his partner was Karen Clifton.  He danced six dances that didn't score so well - a Paso Doble (17), Waltz (19), Quickstep (19), Samba (19), and his two lowest scored dances before his departure, a Charleston (16) and an American Smooth (16).  His highest individual score was a 6 and his lowest was a 2.  As you can see, dancing is not a strength for him.

Save Julian Clary