Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

Phil Tufnell
article-1227876-0737839-D000005-DC-313-4

Former International cricketer Phil Tufnell danced on the season 7 of Strictly Come Dancing with at the time a new female pro Katya Virshilas. At the time I really found both insufferable and thought they lasted way too long for the type of dancer Phil was. He had no dance talent and often struggled with the basics. 

His highest dance was an American Smooth to Fly Me To The Moon which scored him one 7 and 3 8's. That was actually the week he went home finally. So yes if you are keep track they lasted nine weeks without scoring anything higher than a few eights. So yes another untalented dancer who overstayed their welcome by a long shot. I am glad to cut him here.

Saving Gillian Taylforth

Edited by *Diana

Jessie Wallace

63018BD5-EB31-03DF-92148ED4302C933C.jpg

LOL I think this is the second celeb whose last name is my first name that I am cutting on this game, so shame on me for namesakes loyalty. :dead: Jessie Wallace is an actress, known for playing Kat Slater on the beloved BBC soap, EastEnders. As we know Strictly sure do love their EastEnders stars. She was also on the BBC Four drama, Miss Marie Lloyd. After all of that, Jessie competed on the 6th series of Strictly Come Dancing, where she was partnered with Darren Bennett. Jessie & Darren didn’t fare too well, as they were eliminated on Week 4 having performed 2 dances. This was back when all the men performed on the same night, followed by all the women performing against each other. Jessie danced the following:

Week 2: Salsa to “Hey Mambo” scoring a 20

Week 4: Quickstep to “Help!” scoring a 19

She did alright but not the best on either of her dances. I am really surprised she made it all the way through into Cycle 4 of this game, but I guess there were just other weaker fodder around. :lmao: Jessie has had a great run here but now her time is up from this rankdown. I will link the better of her two dances, her Salsa (which wow in this dance she reminds me of Jessie J).

Saving: Lesley Joseph

p046fdz9.jpg

KENNY LOGAN

H2fnmoJB4BOHm8fZGCVpz-bIUKgjdddi0of4-GtwmrFaMXWVHj_lM-Ic5EKPjhAqM7LZT7PejXLqu80vwbIljJWESVot2g-4XHD8XiWH86mT

It was the year 2007 and Strictly Come Dancing was about to launch its 5th series, which is when they decided to cast Kenny Logan who is known for his career as a rugby player. And they would later cast his wife, Gabby, to make things interesting - a move that Strictly Come Dancing & Dancing With The Stars love to do. On the show, he was also paired with Ola Jordan - his wife was paired with Ola's husband to make it ~*cool*~.  On the show, he outlasted his wife but that's not to say that Kenny was a fantastic dancer as I thought he was an average dancer who did not do any outstanding routines.  Overall, he danced a total of 9 dances where his score varied from 18 (Samba) to 21 (Waltz, Paso Doble) to 25 (Tango) to 30 (American Smooth, Foxtrot) - his average score was 24.00 which is one of the lowest from the season.  Anyway, I wish I could provide you my favourite dance of his but he didn't really deliver anything that I love :ph34rwave:

SAVING: CAROL SMILLIE

@*Chris is next to nominate. At least 4 must be celebs who finished in the top half of their season and you cannot nominate:

Denise Lewis

Mark Ramprakash

Helen George

Ore Oduba

Danny Mac

Julian Clary

Gillian Taylforth

Lesley Joseph

Carol Smillie

JJ Chalmers

21201679-high_res-strictly-come-dancing-

I’ll try and add a photo in tomorrow. JJ appeared in the most recent series of Strictly where he was paired with Amy Dowden. He had an inspirational story behind his casting as a former marine who had been injured. I didn’t mind him on the show but often felt he was a little over marked on the show and that a lot of his dances felt kinda the same to me? In particular the slower numbers. That being said, I did enjoy his Foxtrot on Movie Week. I wouldn’t personally have had him in my top 6 but I didn’t mind him, just not a standout to me.

Saving Ed Balls

Edited by *Lily

Nancy Dell’Olio

strictly-1-z.jpg

Okay so I really loved the write-up I worked on for Nancy on the DWTS International Rankdown game and want to recycle it here. So thank you Chris for the Nancy nom and now I can use this re-write.

Nancy Dell’Olio is a lawyer & media personality. Nancy was on Series 9 of Strictly Come Dancing and guess what? Nancy was a partner of Anton du Beke's of course. But Nancy was one of the most memorable and hilarious trainwreck dancers and one of Anton's partners and partnerships I found to be hilarious. :dead: She delivered so many fun hilarious trainwrecks. I will explain these below.

Week 1: Waltz to "In Napoli" scoring a 12 (1/4/3/4)

UGH I can't find a Youtube link of Nancy's Waltz anywhere but I did find a DailyMotion link. Omggg this Waltz was just so tragic. There was a huge dress malfunction that completely messed up the dance. The dress got the better of Nancy and took her frame and technique away even though there really wasn't much of it anyway. Uhh all of that extra fabric she was wearing was a disaster waiting to happen. :dead:   The footwork was a mess too. They did make it funny and it kinda was the funniest Waltz ever to me soo there is that at least. :haha:  And it did give us this moment too:

AltruisticDifficultCaiman-max-1mb.gif

Week 2: Salsa to "Papa Loves Mambo" scoring a 14 (3/5/2/4)

Omgg this Salsa was another tragic mess. I mean.... it's what you would expect with an Anton Latin dnace but wow. Nancy was living up to those drunk aunt at a wedding reception vibes here and I was LIVING for it. :wub: Messy technique, footwork, minimal hip action, botched lifts, hectic partnering, tons of mistakes.... everything you could want in a trainwreck. :dead:  Nancy even did the impossible of getting super nice/easy scoring judge Alesha Dixon to score lower than Craig. :haha:  

Week 3: Tango to "Be Italian" scoring a 20 (4/5/5/6)

Nancy's Tango was definitely her best dance. Not that it was a legit great dance but it wasn't a trainwreck and showed she did have a bit of dancing potential. She had a better frame and footwork thatn she's shown in the past. Even though she did lose some of her frame and had some messy footwork at parts but still an improvement. It was nice to see a serious and sexy side to Nancy and her really selling the dance properly. :yes: 

Week 4: Paso Doble to "Rodrigo's Guitar Concert" scoring an 18 (3/5/5/5)

Another one of Nancy's ~better dances for sure. Sadly her Paso is the dance I least remember since it wasn't her best dance (her Tango) and it wasn't a trainwreck like the other 3. But Nancy was showing that these dramatic dances suit her well. There were still some messy footwork and shaky moments. But the illegal lifts when she was thrown about were really good and did elevate the routine. lol Anton pretty much breaks the rules when he knows his partners don't have dance potential. :haha: 

Week 5: Rumba to "Spooky" scoring a 14 (2/5/3/4)

OMGG this Halloween Rumba was sooo hilarious. Nancy delivered one of the most iconic entrances - coming out of the coffin as a corpse drinking wine. :wub: 

Nancy-620_2041249b.jpg

:dead: 

Yeah this dance was a major stepdown. She was pretty stiff in the hip action and was pretty much walking the dance. It was the mess you would expect from them. :haha:  I think Nancy also had one of the lowest scoring Rumbas with this dance.

Nancy lasted for 5 weeks and made it to 11th place. Yes she outlasted better dancers like Dan Lobb & Rory Bremmer but neither were too memorable or to be upset about, so that's a plus. And she left before her joke act got old, which happened a series prior with Ann Widdecombe. I did enjoy Nancy and found her hilarious - so I wanted to give a write-up that highlighted that. But yeah, Nancy made it through into the 4th cycle of the game. I think this is a great spot for her considering her dancing.

Saving: Chris Ramsey

giphy.gif

Mark Benton

p01h9wsh.jpg

Mark Benton is an actor and television presenter from Yorkshire, England.  He is known for his roles on Early Doors, Northern Lights, Barbara, The Edge, Waterloo Road, and several others.  He was part of the eleventh series of Strictly Come Dancing and his partner was Iveta Lukosiute.  He danced 10 dances, which surprises me - a Tango (24), a Salsa (22), American Smooth ,(26), Cha-Cha (26), Waltz (28), Paso Doble (25), Rumba (23), Jive (29), Foxtrot (28), and his final dance, a Samba (29).  His lowest individual score was a 3 and his highest was an 8.  I don't remember him being that great, so this is a good spot for him to go out at.

Save Susan Calman

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Aww I was kinda hoping for Mark to be saved as he was fun (and I liked some of the routines Iveta did for him). But a fair and understandable elimination.

I had Mark and Victoria in mind for elimination and randomly chose.  I did that for my save, too.  I didn't want to overthink.

Colin Salmon
article-1350559297162-157d6ab5000005dc-5

Well I only have  2 left to pick from so I guess I'll eliminate Colin. Colin was on Season 10 of Strictly Come Dancing and was partnered with Kristina Rihanoff. He lasted 5 weeks dancing a Cha Cha, Viennese Waltz, Argentine Tango, Salsa and Foxtrot. He got a mix of 7,6 and 5s. Mostly 6s and 7s I think. He got a few 4 and 5s too. His best dance was a Foxtrot he danced to Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive
And I believe that was the week he was eliminated. Luckily he didn't last too long unlike other untalented people do on these types of shows. He finished in tenth place overall.

Saving: Victoria Pendleton

@*Wallace is up next with his nominations. 4 celebs must have placed in the top half of their season. The following celebs cannot be nominated:

Denise Lewis

Mark Ramprakash

Helen George

Ore Oduba

Danny Mac

Ed Balls

Chris Ramsey

Susan Calman

Victoria Pendleton

1 hour ago, taylorkat said:

I had Mark and Victoria in mind for elimination and randomly chose.  I did that for my save, too.  I didn't want to overthink.

Ahh yeah thats totally fair. And lmaoo I know that feeling of overthinking in the process too. Def not fun. :haha:  

32 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

As the host, I've made the decision that private immunities will be extended if none are exposed by Top 150/the end of this cycle. I forgot how much fodder Strictly has when I decided on this twist. :dead: 

Lol yahh there is a lot of fodder to get through regarding Strictly. It'll probably take to Top 120 or so when we get to all the decently good ones. :haha: