Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

Esther Rantzen

esther-rantzen-strictly-come-dancing-ant

Esther appeared on Strictly series 2, where she was partnered with Anton du Beke. She is best known for having a long-standing career in British television as a journalist/presenter, and was the resident 'older contestant' of the cast that season. She started out okay with 24 points for her Waltz, before then scoring just 16 for both of her dances, and being the third to be eliminated. Upon a quick Google search I found out that Esther just spoke to Anton recently on a podcast, and revealed that one time the producers forced her to stop a training session because she had a glass of wine during rehearsals :wub: Iconic! But overall, Esther's short run makes her an easy choice.

Save Nancy Dell'Olio

13 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I am certain this was a hot mess partnership where they either didn’t get along or Brendan wanted out of the partnership. Lily (or anyone else that seen the earlier seasons) let me know if my assumptions are right. :haha:

Ooh yes - Fiona/Brendan from what I remember were a bit of a nightmare duo :dead: I think Fiona was his first real 'weaker' dancer and he notoriously had a bit of a short fuse so he didn't take it very well. And yeah I think Fiona not so long ago spoke about how she did not get along with him at all. 🙈 

Mark Foster

nkuobut.jpg

Mark competed during the sixth season of Strictly Come Dancing with pro Hayley Holt. Mark & Hayley started the competition with a Waltz, Tango, Paso doble, and Samba. None being really good at all. He struggled a lot with his height compared to Hayley and not having much gracefulness or dance ability at all. He was saved a few times by the judges when Hayley and him in the bottom couples which was unfortunate to me because it was clear he had no ability to dance or potential to do any better. It was just one of those couples that to me had zero chemistry and the pro seemed to hate her life. I am cutting them now as nothing they did warrants a safe with who I have left to chose from

Saving: Charlotte Hawkins  

Edited by *Diana

Jo Wood

8eeuLos.jpg

I was left with 2 women who didn't dance well so I just saved the one who had more weeks under their belt which was Carol who danced for 7 weeks compared to Jo's 6 weeks. That means it is time to say goodbye to Jo Wood. Jo got to dance with popular pro Brendon Cole during season seven. They never danced anything that was notable or showed much potential but in my opinion they were one of those hilarious train wrecks where you can't stop laughing or look a way. unfortunately, that means they stayed far too long based on their dancing ability. Like I mentioned above, she did last six weeks of the season 7 but never scored anything higher then a 7 and mostly getting mixes of 3, 4. and 5's. She just didn't do well and deserves to be cut from this rankdown now.

Saving: Carol Kirkwood

58 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Jennifer Gibney

Jennifer is best known for being in a show called Mrs. Brown's Boys (a show I absolutely loathe and therefore made this cut easy for me lol).

Lol this being a reason for the Jennifer Gibney cut has me cracking up. :dead: 

54 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Ooh yes - Fiona/Brendan from what I remember were a bit of a nightmare duo :dead: I think Fiona was his first real 'weaker' dancer and he notoriously had a bit of a short fuse so he didn't take it very well. And yeah I think Fiona not so long ago spoke about how she did not get along with him at all. 🙈 

Lmaoo yeah I figured this was the case. :dead: I saw her scores, guessed their partnership was like this and read I was right.... so hardly surprising. :haha: 

Also omg Esther being told to stop rehearsals because she was drinking a glass of wine in rehearsals. She sounds ICONIC just for that alone. :dead: 🤣 Esther was being forced to rehearse with Anton though..... let the woman live and breathe! :dead: 

1. Don Warrington 
2. Rory Bremner
3. Julien MacDonald
4. Deborah Meaden
5. Simon Rimmer
6. Jason Bell
7. Dominic Littlewood
8. Andrew Castle
9. Lulu
10. Thom Evans
11. Ainsley Harriott
12. Will Young
13. Max George
14. Graeme Swann
15. Ruth Langsford
16. Vick Hope

Jason Bell

0610StrictlyContestants-0.jpg?width=1788

Jason Bell is a former professional football player who was a cornerback.  He dated Nadine Coyle from Girls Aloud and they have a daughter named Anaíya. They split in 2019, but remain friends.  He was on the eighteenth season of Strictly Come Dancing, which premiered in 2020.  His partner was Luba Mushtuk.  He was eliminated from the show in Week 3 after ending up in the dance-off with Nicola Adams.  Their first dance was an American Smooth to My Girl that scored a 16.  The second was a salsa that scored a bit better with an 18 and his final dance was a horrific paso doble that scored a 12.  He reminds me of Nelly.  I think he looks like him and dances like him.  Maybe that's his long-lost brother. ha. 

Save Vick Hope

Rory Bremner

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyzg72q5aUYCjrBDO385E

Rory Bremner is a comedian and impressionist known for his work in political satire and impressions of British public figures.  He was born in Edinburgh.  He took part in the ninth series of Strictly Come Dancing.  His partner was Erin Boag.  He was the third celebrity to be eliminated.  His first dance was a waltz that scored a 27.  Week 2 was a salsa that scored a 22. Week 3 was a quickstep that scored a 31, which gave him his highest score for a routine, and his last dance was a cha-cha-cha that scored a 24.  He hosted a quiz show called Face the Clock.  He presented a satirical documentary called Rory Goes to Holyrood.

Save Will Young

Ruth Langsford

EMB-Strictly-Come-Dancing-2017.jpg

Ruth Langsford is a TV Presenter known for working on and hosting ITV’s This Morning, where she co-hosts the show sometimes with her husband, Eamonn Holmes. Ruth competed on the 15th series of Strictly Come Dancing in 2017, where she was partnered with Anton du Beke. They lasted 8 weeks making it to 9th last. And as you saw Ruth is an Anton partner? I have no problem cutting her then. 😘 Lol jk, I promise I am not that anti-Anton. :haha: Surprisingly, I THINK I knew of Ruth prior her casting on Strictly. I feel like I had seen her and Eamonn do some hosting bits of interviews I’ve seen (likely with past Strictly and X Factor contestants?). But as one would expect, Ruth was an older lady who was partnered with Anton, and she sadly wasn’t a very good dancer. A sweetheart though. I’ll recap their dances below:

Week 1: Waltz to “This Nearly Was Mine” scoring a 16

Week 2: Charleston to “Charleston” scoring a 20

Week 3: Rumba to “Diamonds Are Forever” scoring a 15

Week 4: Tango to “Allegretto” scoring a 24

Week 5: Samba to “Love Is in the Air” scoring a 16 (out of 30)

Week 6: Quickstep to “Theme from Bewitched” scoring a 22

Week 7: Paso Doble to “The Shady Dame from Seville” scoring a 22

Week 8: Foxtrot to “Mack the Knife” scoring a 18

Most of these danes aren’t real anything to write him about. Her Waltz and Rumba weren’t good and were rather boring & lackluster, and she was incredibly nervous in the Waltz. She had fun with the Charleston but I felt it was kinda slow paced. Her Tango was decent and easily my  favorite acne of hers. Her Quickstep was cute, and her 2nd best dance imo. Then…. it wouldn’t be Anton without some comedy routines. He & Ruth provided that with their Samba and Paso Doble. The Samba was a hilarious hot mess. The Paso was very gimmicky and there was that whole messed up ending where she fell on him and they rolled over the floor. :dead: Which w as this moment:

giphy.gif

She ended her run with a meh Foxtrot. I remember being really ticked we lost Aston Merrygold on Week 7 that season, though it wasn’t Ruth’s fault…. but she was the weakest dancer so I was bitter towards her about it. :ph34rwave: But yeah Ruth is a sweet lovely woman and I loved her love & joy for the show, but just not much of a dancer.

I’ll post her Tango and Best Bits video below:

Saving: Thom Evans

tumblr_ncm9hr0fgd1r5c73no2_250.gifv

7 minutes ago, *Diana said:

But why? :dead:

Lol they aren't outrageous noms or anything but I do like a number of them as minor faves. :haha: 

On the plus side there's a lot I want to cut too. :haha: 

3 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

You know that Wally likes everyone. :giggle: 

Lol yeahh this. :lmao: 

Julien Macdonald

Strictly-Come-Dancing.jpg

I was stuck on a number of people to cut for my cut options, but since I did A LOT for Ruth’s write-up, I figured I would go with  someone who lasted a much shorter time and would give a shorter write-up to so I opted for Julien. Julien Macdonald is a fashion designer, who competed on the 11th series of Strictly Come Dancing, where he was partnered with Janette Manrara (on her very first series of the show). Being a big Janette fan, I was excited to see how Julien & Janette would do together. Well, Julien was a big character/personality and a lot of fun. I really liked their partnership but sadly he wasn’t really much of a good dancer. He lasted 4 weeks and finished at 13th. Here’s a run of his dances.

Week 1: Cha-Cha to “Vogue” scoring a 20

Week 2: Tango to “Applause” scoring an 18

Week 3: Jive to “Everybody Needs Somebody to Love” scoring a 22

Week 4: Salsa to “Spice Up Your Life” scoring a 23

Julien had a tough time getting the public vote as he landed in the Bottom 2 every time he wsas in the competition. He managed to beat out Tony Jacklin and Vanessa Feltz, but lost his 3rd Dance-Off to Rachel Riley. Back to Julien’s dances, three of his dances were all quite fun and lively. I would say his Salsa was my favorite? His Tango was his only different dance as that showed off his serious side even though he didn’t sell it as well as his other dances (as that was his lowest scoring dance). I will close this out by posting his Salsa.

Saving: Max George

giphy-downsized.gif