Pete Mroz Fan Thread

Misirlou

This guy is right up my alley in terms of musicianship and artistry.  Great voice, very Clapton esque, which makes sense that his blind audition show was a song Clapton covered himself. Apparently he is a past friend of Blake, so here´s to hoping he manages to advance as far as he can!

From his website:

My mind wonders what someone would want to know about me ... 'step inside my heart and tell me what you think'. First, my last name is M-R-O-Z (a great Polish name)! I am ... a father, husband, lover of music, lover of people, songwriter, guitar player, photographer, videographer, business man and a bluesman. My native state is Indiana and I have lived in over 14 states which has really shaped my thinking.

I moved to Nashville, TN when I was 19 years old to be a country music singer. Early on I was influenced musically by Steve Green, Eric Clapton and Garth Brooks. Now there's a combination ... a christian artist, a bluesman and a country singer. How do you describe my music? It starts with my voice and guitar, then we see where it takes us! Blues, Adult Contemporary, Singer-Songwriter ... if that's the label then I wear it proudly! Through the years I have written and recorded five albums and shared the stage with many great musicans who have shaped and molded me into the artist I am, but also when off the stage I have been blessed with so many amazing people that have taken the time to love and teach me about life. Though I never became that country star, my path was to be a journeyman ... exploring different genres of music, writing love songs, expressing myself through the lens of a camera or helping a person solve a problem. I have learned to not take myself too seriously and know my place in this world.  Everyday I try to be thankful and live in the light! Onward and Upward!! - PM 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B2xhbRfhsnj/

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B3aW5AJB1-t/

Members (Ask to be added if you want to):

1. Misirlou

2. David68

3. AmyNicole

4. Hamza Tufail

5. Teraginn

6. jamescasaki

7. FloorWax

8. Dalton Eduardo

9. Angeles

10. pauwis

11. anonymouskid_35

12. RickyCoben

13. monkshood

Edited by Misirlou

• 1 month later...

Well,

Pete is back home bearing some good news: he's through to the Playoffs!

He won against Andrew Marshall singing Before You Go, which apparently was not a good fit for him according to the coaches and sources, but whatever, I'll be the judge of that once his KO airs. He better bounce back with a much better song that's in his wheelhouse. No more modern songs, they don't sell well on this show anyway.

37 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He needs to sing some Peter Gabriel. "In Your Eyes", would be a great fit.

Or Sledgehammer if he's feeling upbeat.

I personally want him to sing Foolish Heart by Steve Perry. Mainly because I want to hear his upper range on it, but also because I love that song and I need to hear it on the show at some point.

https://www.facebook.com/NBCTheVoice/videos/470239017718588/

Congrats Pete and welcome to Team Blake!!!

Not gonna lie, Ryan Quinn's version of this song is so ingrained in my head that it took me a bit to warm up to Pete's arrangement, but I just can't resist that upper range of his. A great first impression, can't wait for the next one!

• Like 1