Pete Mroz Fan Thread

Misirlou

I am SO annoyed that this was shortclipped, coz what we heard from Pete and Savanna here was GORGEOUS. I love the clarity in Pete's voice and how it just cuts through, even in the harmonies. Given what certain people said about Pete having more lines during the actual live performance of this, I now want the original cut of this battle even more so. 

I also appreciate the Steven Curtis Chapman comparison from Nick, Pete could do well singing one of his songs. This one would be a brilliant choice for him.

He sounded gorgeous in his battle, such a shame it was given the short clip. It's clear that being in the blinds premiere is probably the only good treatment Pete is going to get from TPTB.

17 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

He sounded gorgeous in his battle, such a shame it was given the short clip. It's clear that being in the blinds premiere is probably the only good treatment Pete is going to get from TPTB.

That's a little alarmist, don't you think? The jury's still out on Pete's KO and how it will be edited. Not to mention the whole Playoffs situation. 

And as much as I hate the short clip and apologizing for TPTB's faults, they could have done worse with Pete's battle. I don't think this will dampen his chances too much. And this is coming from the guy who wanted Kenzie montaged to handicap him. 😆 

• Like 1

It sucks that his battle was shortclipped, because that was gorgeous and it could have been an ever bigger moment for him. 

I'm a bit worried honestly, because they cut his big moment and now handed him that KO song choice. It definitely seems like TPTB doesn't want him there. Hope he trunks their plan.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I think his KO will be much better than IDF suspects.

I hope that's the case.

The thing with his KO song is it has such specific phrasing that any slight deviation from it will sound.... wrong, somehow. It at least has space for Pete to do some belting, which I'm looking forward to.

• Like 2

Aaaaaaaaaand this proves once again that spoiler feedback can be a double-edged sword.

Pete's start is admittedly tentative and shaky, but I thought he navigated this awkward song choice the best that he could. I especially love his voice on the bridge, that was masterfully done.

And this might be unpop, but I kinda like that weird half-dancing thing he did when he got in the groove of the song. Kelly called it "meandering", which sounded like a diss but I totally get where she's coming from with that comment. 

And now that he proved he can sing whatever he wants, it's time for him to lean on his strengths in the Playoffs. Good luck Pete! ❤️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I was listening to "The Stranger" album, and it came to mind that Pete could nail some Billy Joel.

That makes too much sense oh wow. He definitely could!