Pete Mroz Fan Thread

Misirlou

Add me, please. The other day I was revisiting YT videos of Josh Kaufman and ended up watching Pete's KO. Man, he is a suave singer. I've liked him from the beginning, but his attitude (papa-bear to the other contestants) and singing prowess is unmistakable. I still fear for the age factor and that TPTB/music industry will hold it against him, but I do hope this experience gives him the boost he deserves.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, monkshood said:

Add me, please. The other day I was revisiting YT videos of Josh Kaufman and ended up watching Pete's KO. Man, he is a suave singer. I've liked him from the beginning, but his attitude (papa-bear to the other contestants) and singing prowess is unmistakable. I still fear for the age factor and that TPTB/music industry will hold it against him, but I do hope this experience gives him the boost he deserves.

Done!

8 minutes ago, monkshood said:

YAYYYY welcome to the #LandofOz!

"Suave" is definitely a great adjective for what Pete is. "Unassuming" would be another one. He has this quiet confidence that I find appealing. And he really seems to appreciate being here on the show and meeting with the other artists.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

He surprised me with how well he made a song completely out of his wheelhouse, work. I think this will guarantee him moving on in some way tonight, ngl.

(and if he dedicates to his wife...)

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

He surprised me with how well he made a song completely out of his wheelhouse, work. I think this will guarantee him moving on in some way tonight, ngl.

(and if he dedicates to his wife...)

That's encouraging to hear! And good point on the potential dedication to his wife. I hope it happens.

Do you think the arrangement has the potential to be Bandzilla'd?

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

Do you think the arrangement has the potential to be Bandzilla'd?

I have to listen again to confirm that, but I sure hope he doesn't get bandzilla'd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

I have to listen again to confirm that, but I sure hope he doesn't get bandzilla'd.

That was my initial worry when I first saw the song choice. 

BTW, I sent you a message on the Filipino fans voice group, I hope you can help me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

YAYYYY welcome to the #LandofOz!

"Suave" is definitely a great adjective for what Pete is. "Unassuming" would be another one. He has this quiet confidence that I find appealing. And he really seems to appreciate being here on the show and meeting with the other artists.

In a nutshell.

• Like 1

OK, I finally listened to Pete's studio, and I gotta be honest, I am a little worried about two things:
1.) Bandzilla and the background singers drowning him out
2.) The song being deemed as "safe". Yes, it's an out-of-the-box song choice, but while Pete sounds wonderful here, I feel like he could have given the song more urgency, if that makes sense? Of course, he could very well provide that urgency I need in the actual live performance.

I don't want to be overly negative, I still think this is a good fit for his style. I hope he delivers on stage tonight. Go Pete! ❤️

• Like 1

Welp. So Pete said in his recent IG Live that he didn't want to have to sing his IS song, so we better vote hard for him.

Knowing how chill Pete usually is with the show's shenanigans, this is very telling. Hope everyone here saves him from this potential bus and put him through the lives!

Solid performance from Pete! I do think this is a bit of a safe song choice, and with Team Blake bringing it tonight, it will be a challenge for Pete to snag the Public Vote. So y'all better show up in case he needs an Instant Save! Especially with what we know about his IS!

• Like 1

VOTING IS CLOSED. Thank you to everyone who threw votes for Pete! 

Whatever happens tonight, I am excited for what's ahead for Pete! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/COuCKIQB0BC/

Also, he did a short live yesterday, where we learned two things.

1.) He really, really, really, really, really doesn't like his Instant Save song. Mainly because he hasn't figured out how to perform it yet. He doesn't think he can play his guitar on it either.

2.) We Belong was definitely Pete's choice. Considering how different the arrangement is, it makes sense. Also, Before You Go was his wife Toni's idea.

Less than half an hour till we learn of Pete's fate.

It's been quite a ride. Hope it doesn't end tonight, but whatever happens, Pete is gonna be fine.

Well..... that explains Pete's very vocal hesitance on the IS.

Be that as it may, I am still happy that we get to discover Pete on the show, and I know for sure that I'll be following his journey off of it with excitement. Hope y'all do the same! He deserves to be heard. ❤️

Great journey, Pete. The soldier who was able to power through two questionable song choices (busses). Sadly, the third one finally got him, but I`m glad he was able to reconnect with Blake, who I hope helps Pete in the future with some gigs or anything. And overall it was a pleasure to attend his livestreams and interviews. I hope he continues that, because there`s several contestants he hasn`t interviewed yet.

Good ludk in the future, Pete. God bless you.

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/tv/COxmQdqhUYG/?igshid=1tmuk5ebbylj9

Pete doing a live as he waits for a rental car to go back home to his family in Arizona. I don't know why, but this live got me all wistful, especially at the part where he climbed on top of the garage and said goodbye to LA for the time being. 

Things of note:

1.) We got the prerequisite 1 month till Pete gets to release new music. He's already got some stuff in the works, like a planned single release, and maybe even a Christmas album? 

2.) He's also planning on doing more YouTube stuff as soon as he can.

3.) His planned semis song would have been My Life by Billy Joel. The snippet he sang of it sounded so good!

4.) He also sang a bit of Ain't No Sunshine.... Those 5-second snippets >>>> his IS.

5.) I guess he's considering my suggesting of a possible podcast? *Fingers crossed* He's definitely got stories to tell for sure.

Regarding Pete's latest live......

I think he shot himself in the foot by giving up on his IS song choice, and that's on him (he admits this on the live) but people are taking his comment about him believing he has a higher chance of being chosen by Blake WAY out of proportion. Almost all of us here thought his connection with Blake might matter in this scenario at some point, and Pete just happens to agree. Why are we holding that against him now?

Here's the live in question (Carter was here too, BTW):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO6bx0MBUf9/

16 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Regarding Pete's latest live......

I think he shot himself in the foot by giving up on his IS song choice, and that's on him (he admits this on the live) but people are taking his comment about him believing he has a higher chance of being chosen by Blake WAY out of proportion. Almost all of us here thought his connection with Blake might matter in this scenario at some point, and Pete just happens to agree. Why are we holding that against him now?

Here's the live in question (Carter was here too, BTW):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO6bx0MBUf9/

He did put more amount of trust than needed in his chances of being saved, but yeah, that doesn`t strike me as arrogant itself. But he should have prepared for his IS song, no matter how bad it was. The show must go on.