Thoughts on S19?

Dai

It definitely got it´s fair share of flack because it seems like IDF caught itself into overhyping it, hence why a lot of people were disappointed in it when it aired. 

I personally enjoyed it, even though it didn´t really meet my expectations as a whole, we got a number of really good contestants and performances. The biggest issue for me was the choppy format. It has to go as soon as possible, it just isn´t enough time to get invested in the contestants, it´s like they disappear in a matter of seconds. 

Overall for me, as a whole : 7.5/10

I enjoyed S17 and S18, but this one felt like a massive downgrade. The live rounds ruined the season for me (I really enjoyed the taped rounds tho). I guess I expected someone to really impress me in the lives and almost everyone crashed and burned. Desz in theory is a contestant I should have enjoyed, but for some reason I didn’t get fully on board with her. That said, I think she should have won the season.

i actually really enjoyed this season! aside from knowing the results of the pre-lives, i didn’t follow along pre-season so i didn’t have any expectations coming into this season. i ended up liking several contestants, like DeSz, Marisa, Payge, Tamara, and Chloé, and many different performances! i loved the pre-lives, though the lives were a bit underwhelming. i actually think the overall quality of this season may have benefited from the reduced live shows. my favorite made finale, and Carter is a great winner!

i really dislike the format with so few live shows. it’s impossible to really get to know some of the contestants, and it just leaves the season feeling incomplete. if we have to have a top 17, i hope the format can be something like 17-12-9-6-4 or 17-12-10-8-4. the finalists gave like 7 solo performances, and that is nowhere near enough.

overall, i really enjoyed this season, despite its flaws. Queen DeSz👑, Messy Marisa the Legend👑, and many others made this season fun for me! plus, this was my first season on Idolforums, and i had so much fun interacting with you all!💖

Edited by KimberlyxKyla
  • Like 1

As a whole group, I think the talent level from the top 40 was slightly above average and the results were moderately okay. Don't agree with the winner but I suppose he was overall worthy. Very diverse representation of genres as well, although not perfect. Bonus points for finally giving Gwen a win. The format was still dreadful, but COVID is very responsible for that.

I'd say it's average/slightly above average in comparison to other seasons, but with a better format it would've easily been better.

this season started great but as battles and knockouts progressed (stupid steals *joseph getting stolen over julia cooper leaving her in the 4 way* and decisions *queen marisa losing*) it kinda got boring but still watchable and enjoyable with many of my favs still being on, but the live shows felt rushed. i wish we had a format that didn’t have a bloodbath every round, or the season 8 format would’ve been perfect, or if the country voters stopped voting it would be fine