Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

tumblr_pcus05lNnm1v68t0mo2_500.gif

Ribombee

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I NOMINATED RIBOMBEE. I have NOT been keeping track of who has been saving it so this isn't against anybody except for everybody who brought it this far. Weird how I claim to like bug Pokemon when my last two cuts have been bug Pokemon but sorry I've never really been a fan of Ribombee. It does absolutely nothing for me design wise in terms of tiny bugs Joltik is cuter (RIP JOLTIK YOU ARE MISSED) and in terms of Gen VII bugs Vikavolt is far cooler. It's not outstanding stat wise. There are better fairy Pokemon. There are better bug Pokemon. And yet this is the one that's here. I'm about to go back and find out when I first nominated it because that's how long this has been plaguing me. Anyway, it is moderately cute. And the bug/fairy is an interesting type combination. But we are at Top 150 and this is like in my Top 600 barely.

Saving: Rillaboom my boy

• Thanks 1

Primarina

Majestic Primarina Gif | Primarina | Know Your Meme

I am saving Vikavolt in hopes others will save Leafeon and Rowlet. Primarina is the final evolution water starter in the alola region.  You get it when you evolve brionne at level 34.  Primarina is the soloist pokemon and its hidden ability liquid voice is unique to the line turning sound based moves into water moves.  Sort of like what pixalate does to normal turning them into fairy moves.  Primarina is a water and fairy type, so its got two solid typings behind it both offensively and defensively.  It is only weak to poison, grass and electric.  It has 6 resistances and an immunity to dragon.  I obviously prefer Rowlets line, so a pretty easy cut for me.

Save: Vikavolt

LURANTIS
357.gif

Classified as the Bloom Sickle Pokémon, Lurantis is a Grass type Pokémon introduced in Gen VII. It is the evolved form of Fomantis, which Fomantis evolves into when it reaches level 34 in the day. Lurantis looks like a combination of an orchid and an insect. According to the Pokédex, Lurantis’s petals are very sharp and thin, and they can shoot laser beams strong enough to cleave heavy metal. Lurantis looks like it’s dancing during attacks. Some people even call it the most glamorous Grass type Pokémon. As for battles, Lurantis has a high Attack stat, but it is very slow. Its Speed is its lowest stat, so trainers have to be mindful of opponents likely outspeeding it. Sorry to any fans, but Lurantis is my least favorite out of these nominations.

Saving Cinderace.

Edited by Steven_

Leafeon

250px-470Leafeon.png

I cut it WAAAAAAAAY back in the first round and I have been nominating it where I could for a while too so I think this isn't surprising to anyone. Leafeon and Glaceon are easily my least favorites Eeveelutions ever and since apparently TPC is deadset on not adding more (even tho it's an easy people pleaser with the fandom) they are gonna remain in that spot for the forseeable future. Grass is not a type of pokemon I enjoy (wow... shocker, plot twist of the century) and I enjoy it even less in monotype form (5 weaknesses? Not in this economy). Also while they have been working on making Grass types more viable physical attackers, there is not enough movepool variety for that to be fully usable (not to mention that the balance typing issues that have plagued the games since Gen I and II are never going away). Anyway, not a fan (which should have been clear by now).

Save: Talonflame

Scorbunny

Best Scorbunny GIFs | Gfycat

Sorry to any fans, but Scorbunny was the only Pokemon I was even considering from the six remaining. Scorbunny's admittedly grown on me some since SWSH first came out, but it's still my least favorite of the starters. Scorbunny is a fire type (I believe it stays fire the whole way through even though it's pretty clearly coded as the 12th fire/fighting starter lol). Scorbunny's got pretty great attack and speed stats for a base evolution, and everything else is okay for its stage as well. Alongside the Buneary line, it shares the title of "Rabbit Pokemon". Scorbunny's name comes from scorch, score, and bunny, while its Japanese name, Hibanny, comes from hi (fire), hibana (spark), and bunny.

Saving Gogoat

• Thanks 1