Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

PERRSERKER

1575860881675.gif

Introduced in Generation VIII, Perrserker is a Steel type Pokémon that evolves from a Galarian Meowth at level 28. Classified as the Viking Pokémon, Perrserker is a bipedal feline Pokémon like Meowth, but with a Viking inspired design. Its name also seems to be derived from the word "berserker," which was an ancient Norse warrior. According to its Pokédex entry, Perrserker lives for the thrill of the battle. However, even though Perrserker has high Attack and Defense stats, all its other stats are quite low. It doesn't offer much competitively, even with a Steely Spirit or Tough Claws ability. I added a Perrserker to my Pokémon Sword Pokedex, but I don't recall every battling with it. Sorry to any fans for its elimination though.

22f267c00e57472168edc18de6504135.gif

Chimecho

Chimecho is a cutie so I chose the least cute gif of it for its elimination. Feels weird that you all had so many Pokeballs and didn't just automatically use them for my round so I wouldn't have to do any write-ups. OH WELL. Anyway, Chimecho is a psychic-type Pokemon introduced in Gen III. I also thought it was steel since it is called the "Wind Chime" Pokemon and wind chimes typically are made out of metal but they (GameFreak) probably decided they had ENOUGH psychic/steel Pokemon in Gen III with the Metagross line and Jirachi. Thus, Chimecho is just psychic. Despite getting a little buff (as a treat) in Gen VII to boost its BST from 425 to 455, its stats are still unremarkable. So so long Chimecho. Nobody cared enough to save you. Rather they'd hang on to their extra USELESS Safari Balls. 

tumblr_n89mwcMb4A1trm1x0o1_500.gif

Beldum

I can't believe you all let me cut two (2) more Gen III Pokemon! After you all were so worried I presented a PLETHORA of non-Gen III to cut and yet 50% of my write-ups are on Gen III Pokemon! A steal and a win for me! Beldum is a steel/psychic pokemon from Gen III. It is the first in the pseudo-legendary line which eventually finally evolves into one of the few good Pokemon of Gen III Metagross. I actually thought when I was doing the nominations that I was nominating Metang. But that's because Rei screwed up the first page. Beldum is like a metal tube with an eye. Not a very appealing Pokemon. Evolve it into a Metang and eventually Metagross QUICK. 

d25.gif

Clawitzer

Clawitzer is like a shrimp with a cannon for an arm. Maybe I shouldn't have nominated it because of that. LOL. Ah, it's known as the Howitzer Pokemon which makes sense as a Howitzer is a long range weapon. Neat. It's a water-type Pokemon introduced in Gen VI with decent enough stats especially that 120 in Special Attack (makes sense since it has a HOWITZER for an arm). It appeared in the anime and beat Ash's Noivern and Hawlucha (lol that's how you know Ash sucks as a trainer since Noivern should be resistant to water type LOLOLOLOLOL) but lost to Greninja??????????????? Ash is like those kids that puts all their energy into their starter Pokemon and forgets about every other Pokemon in his lineup. 

tumblr_psmwl1V8a01uwlqvvo3_400.gifv

Gossifleur

For as much as I like Eldegoss, Gossifleur just leaves me feeling MEH. Gossifleur is a grass-type Pokemon introduced in Gen VII. It evolves into Eldegoss at Level 20 so you aren't stuck with it for too long which is good because its stats are kind of abysmal. The 10 in speed kind of overshadows everything else. It's a cutie but it's not particularly good at anything and its design doesn't really stand out. Of the four cuts I had to make here this was a good choice to get eliminated now. Congrats on making it so long but sayonara. 

Hoothoot

Spr_2c_163.png

I know start the process of completing 8 Pokémon write-ups. :dead: I am stating to think the others had a good idea but then again not really because some legends did leave but those are the nature of rankdowns. I used all my Safari Balls so I did my part. Ugh, now time to commence with the write-ups. Let me start with Hoothoot. Hoothoot is a dual-type Normal/Flying Pokémon introduced in Generation II. It evolves into Noctowl starting at level 20. It is known as the Owl Pokémon. Hoothoot is a pretty common Pokémon that is easy to find in the game. This is a more than fair cut for Hoothoot at this point in the game.

Swinub

Spr_2c_220.png

How did Swinub last this long? :dead: It's a pretty generic Pokémon considering and I don't think it has any notable moments in the anime. It is pretty cute though I will admit. Swinub is a dual-type Ice/Ground Pokémon introduced in Generation II. It evolves into Piloswine starting at level 33 which evolves into Mamoswine when leveled up while knowing Ancient Power. It is known as the Pig Pokémon. Swinub is a small porcine Pokémon and resides mostly in icy caves. It's another common Pokémon that is easy to come across and catch. Swinub is tied with Snom for the lowest base Special Defense stat of all Ice-type Pokémon so it's not a big loss in terms of being eliminated.

Pupitar

Spr_2c_247.png

It's the Metapod of Gen II except without the storyline. I will admit that its last evolution is pretty bad-ass. I think it made the finals last rankdown if I remember correctly. Anyway, back to Pupitar. Pupitar is a dual-type Rock/Ground Pokémon introduced in Generation II. It evolves from Larvitar starting at level 30 and evolves into Tyranitar starting at level 55. It's known as the Hard Shell Pokémon. Pupitar appears to be based on a pupa. Pupitar lives and moves freely around harsh mountain ranges. A fair cut at this stage in my opinion. FML, I still have 5 more write-ups to do. :dead:

Aron

Spr_3e_304.png

It's a Pokemon from @totes4totes favorite generation, 3. ❤️ She must be glowing with pride right now. :haha: I'm at the halfway point now with 4 more write-ups to go. Why didn't you guys use more Safari Balls? Oh, well. 😿 Aron is a dual-type Steel/Rock Pokémon introduced in Generation III. It evolves into Lairon starting at level 32 which evolves into Aggron starting at level 42. It is known as the Iron Armor Pokémon. I do like the design even if it's kind of simple. I figured it would be an okay cut and because no one saved it I am guessing I was right? But then again Moltres left so maybe not? :haha: Aron is a combination of armor and iron and it also lives in the mountains. 4 MORE WRITE-UPS TO GO. :dead:

Bonsly

Spr_5b_438.png

What a cute bonsai Pokemon. :wub: I figured this would be an inoffensive cut so that is why I decided to nominate it. Bonsly is a Rock-type baby Pokémon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves into Sudowoodo when leveled up while knowing Mimic. It is known as the Bonsai Pokémon. Bonsly appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a Poké Ball Pokémon. What a legend. ❤️ Bonsly looks like a Plant Pokemon but it's a Rock Pokemon. A common mistake. :haha: Bonsly is cute but it now leaves the rankdown. I don't have enough words to let me gush about how cute Bonsly is. I have a soft spot for the baby Pokemon because babies are cut and I just want to squish them. BABIES. ❤️ Okay, I am done now. :giggle:

Rotom

Spr_5b_479.png

I don't know why the name Rotum reminds me of a watch. :dead: It's obviously not a watch Pokemon though. It is known as the Plasma Pokémon. Rotom is a dual-type Electric/Ghost Pokémon introduced in Generation IV. While it is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon, Rotom has the ability to possess the motors of certain appliances and change forms. This makes Rotum very unique. Here are some stats:

• When it does not possess an appliance, it is Electric/Ghost-type.
  • When it possesses a microwave oven, it becomes Heat Rotom, and is Electric/Fire-type.
  • When it possesses a washing machine, it becomes Wash Rotom, and is Electric/Water-type.
  • When it possesses a refrigerator, it becomes Frost Rotom, and is Electric/Ice-type.
  • When it possesses an electric fan, it becomes Fan Rotom, and is Electric/Flying-type.
  • When it possesses a lawnmower, it becomes Mow Rotom, and is Electric/Grass-type.

Yes, I did steal that directly from Bulbapedia. :giggle:In Generation VII Rotum has the ability to possess a special Pokédex and become the Rotom Pokédex and Generation VIII, Rotom has the ability to possess a smartphone that doubles up as a Pokédex and becomes the Rotom Phone. This is all very interesting and makes me regret nominating it. :haha: Forgive me, Rotum. 😆

Axew

Spr_5b_610.png

Axew is such a cute Pokemon. It reminds me of Lavitar but without the attitude. :haha: Axew is a Dragon-type Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It evolves into Fraxure starting at level 38, which evolves into Haxorus starting at level 48. It is known at the Tusk Pokémon. Axew appears in the background of the Kalos Pokémon League stage when the stage is in the Dragonmark Chamber in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Axew has the lowest Special Attack base stat of all Dragon-type Pokémon so despite being cute it's not really useful to have in your lineup. And with that Axew is gone from the rankdown and I only have one write-up left to go. :dead:

• Like 1

Inkay

Spr_7s_686.png

I have made it to the finish line and I am on the last write-up. :dead: PRAISE THE LORD. 👼 Inkay is another cute Pokemon. It's really adorable. Inkay is a dual-type Dark/Psychic Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves into Malamar starting at level 30 when leveled up while the game system is held upside-down. It is known as the Revolving Pokémon. Inkay is a blue squid-like Pokémon. Inkay appears as a Poké Ball summon in both versions of the game of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U. unkay returns as a Pokémon summoned from the Poké Ball in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Inkay may look like a Water-type Pokémon, but it's actually a Dark/Psychic type. Inkay is cute but is a more than okay cut at this point.

Professor Rei Announcement: Cycle 5 Results

7b69c555c1ea0033ce69ea59ac37a75b.png

BADGES

The winner of this cycle's Badge are @FrogLenzenand @hayden98. They had the most number of Pokemon eliminated in their rounds with 9 each.

Derek receives the Zephyr Badge and 1000Pkd.png.

K6yZ1bR.pngZephyr_Badge.png

Hayden receives the Coal Badge and 1000Pkd.png.

OkGOBEJ.png100px-Coal_Badge.png

TITLES

After cutting 20% of the Gen I Pokemon, @Solaris earns the Kantonian Title and 1000Pkd.png.

0fUHITf.png90px-GO_Region_Gold_Medal.png

Kantonian Title:  30 Cuts Needed (72 Gen I Pokemon Left)

Solaris - 33/30

NGM - 22/30

Bk1234 - 10/30

hayden98 - 8/30

Steven_ - 2/30

totes4totes - 2/30

Froglenzen - 2/30

Dee - 0/30

1234567890 - 0/30

POKEDOLLARS 

After successfully finishing they cycle, every ranker receives 300Pkd.png.

POKEMART IS NOW OPEN!  EVERYBODY IS FREE TO BUY ITEMS IF THEY WISH.

MAX REVIVES  ARE ALSO AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE AND USE TO REVIVE THE CYCLE 5  POKEMON CUT BEFORE THEY ARE GONE FOR GOOD! 

AFTER EVERYBODY HAS POSTED THEIR DECISIONS OR 24 HOURS HAVE PASSED, WE WILL CONTINUE WITH CYCLE 6!

@1234567890 @Deeee @Solaris @NGM @totes4totes @Bk1234 @FrogLenzen @Steven_@hayden98

• Like 2

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 5 Rewards (PokeMart Open)