12. Gossifleur

13. Cufant - (Saved)

Safari Balls left:

Sola - 2

Nico - 1

Bk - 1

Lilligant

Cute And Green Gif : pokemon

I do low key feel bad for Lilligant. Its counterpart, Whimsicott, gained the fairy typing when it got introduced, but Lilligant got nothing. I do have to say that I quite like Lilligant’s design, but as a huge fan of Snivy’s line, I never really had the need for them on my team. Overall I would say that overshadowed seems like a word that sums up Lilligant. It’s pretty solid overall from the looks of it, but there’s pure grass type Pokémon that I prefer, flower Pokémon that I prefer, and Lilligant kind of just ended up with the short end of the stick on all sides. Maybe I could try utilizing Lilligant someday to see if that improves my opinion of them, but until then, this is where they are going to peace out of this Rankdown.

• Sad 1

Swanna

Best Swanna GIFs | Gfycat

Swanna is another Pokémon that I have no negative feelings about, but also don’t feel any attachment towards so I have no qualms about them not being saved.  Swanna’s whole evolutionary line references to the story of the ugly duckling growing up to become a beautiful swan. In addition to that, according to Bulbapedia, Swanna’s design is inspired by an outfit worn by Odette, the main character of Swan Lake. Moving on to stats, Swanna’s defenses are mediocre, but the rest of its stats are pretty okay, with its speed being the best. Sorry to Swanna, but out you go from this Rankdown!

• Sad 1

Ferrothorn

VGC 2015] Ferrothorn | Smogon Forums

Ferrothorn was introduced during Generation V, and evolves from Ferroseed once it reaches level 40. It’s a dual type grass and steel type Pokémon with great defenses, decent hit points and attack, and mediocre to outright bad special attack and speed.  Its defense is actually the highest of all grass types, being tied with Kartana. Ferrothorn is based on the durian plant, with its vines resembling military flails. Ferrothorn admittedly is not a Pokémon that I’ve ever been particularly fond of, but I can definitely see the appeal for it. I know at bare minimum Sola seemed to be fond of Ferrothorn so I’m sorry for that, but it’s time for Ferrothorn to say goodbye in this Rankdown.

Furfrou

furfrou gifs | WiffleGif

Furfrou was introduced during Generation VI, and is a Normal type Pokémon that has no evolutions or pre-evolutions. Furfrou does have a gimmick in that its appearance is able to be changed into a variety of styles including Star, Diamond, Heart, Pharaoh, Kabuki, La Reine, Matron, Dandy, and Debutante. The stats on Furfrou are pretty decent all around, with its speed being the best of them. I recall Furfrou being a bit beefier than its stats indicate. At bare minimum, I remember my sister having a disdain for the Pokémon due to having trouble battling a series of trainers with Furfrou. I’ve never really utilized Furfrou myself, but I can definitely see the appeal of it. Unfortunately, it’s not a top favorite of mine so out it goes!

Clobbopus

An ever-rotating lazy susan of bullshit

I low key wish that Grapploct was cut instead, but what can you do? Clobbopus is the pre-evolution of Grapploct and evolves when leveled up while knowing the move Taunt. It is a fighting type Pokémon introduced during the most Generation VIII. Clobbopus is based on both an octopus and a boxer and is apparently inspired by behavior that’s been observed that octopi sometimes will punch a fish completely unprovoked. One last little thing I’ll touch on is that Clobbopus’s Japanese name, Tatakko, comes from the verb tataku (to strike) and tako (octopus). I have not utilized Clobbopus very much, but I do think that they are very cute.

• Sad 2

CACNEA

tumblr_m70hs27w9T1qd87hlo1_500.gifv

Cacnea is a Grass type Pokémon introduced in Gen III. Classified as the Cactus Pokémon, Cacnea later evolves into Cacturne at level 32. According to the Pokédex, Cacnea lives in harsh desert environments. It can last 30 days without water (if it first stores water in its body that is). Cacnea also releases a strong aroma to attract prey, which it will then attack with the sharp thorns from its body. I remember James had a Cacnea in the anime after he released his Weezing, but there's really nothing else too memorable about the Pokémon. Cacturne is cool though. But sorry to Cacnea, but out it goes from the rankdown.

CHATOT

tumblr_nj6axcxN0n1u4nqtno1_500.gif

Chatot is a dual Normal and Flying type introduced in Gen IV. Classified as the Music Note Pokémon, Chatot's design is basically a bird with a head shaped like an eighth note. Chatot does not have any other evolutionary forms. According to the Pokédex, Chatot is capable of imitating human speech since its tongue is just like a human's. Anyway, Chatot is not a useful Pokémon in competitive play. Its Defense stat is so low, allowing a physical Rock type move to easily knock it out. Chatot is pretty much one of those Pokémon that trainers will catch solely for the Pokédex entry. Sorry to Chatot, but out it goes from the rankdown.  

Edited by Steven_

Pidgey
250px-016Pidgey.png
Good for its original time, but it has been outclassed as an evolutionary line for quite some time now (I would argue since Gen II, unarguably since Gen IV tho). It's okay at everything at the start, with Speed and Attack being the best 2 stats it has before evolving, and since it's a fast to evolve line, you can get to Pidgeotto and Pidgeot reasonably fast. The worst thing against it after so many generations is that it's typing and movepool don't really allow for much variation. And before the Mega it was so forgotten as a competitive pokemon, and the Mega wasn't really complete salvation, bc it's still outclassed by some of the other first route birds with that. So yeah, not the greatest after so many generations, but it had it's time at some point.

Mantine
250px-226Mantine.png
Just too niche to really be usable. And that 4x weakness to electric type moves means it can't really survive for long (a well placed thunderbolt can probably OHKO it easily, even with the 140 Sp. Defense, and let's not even consider a Thunder Punch bc then it's probably over). I sorta like it design wise, it's simple enough that it's not cluttered, and it's weirdly unique enough that I can't remember other pokemon based on the same animal off the top my head. That said I'm still questioning why tf Mantyke exists, who asked for that??? Whatever, both are not that great nor a fave, so out this thing goes.

Gyarados
250px-130Gyarados.png
I think it's pretty overrated. That's all this boils down to. That doesn't mean it's without use tho, it has good abilities in Moxie and Intimidate, it has a solid sp. defense that can help it survive some electric attacks (defense is trash tho, so it's pretty much the same thing as Mantine tbh in survival chances) and can use Dragon Dance pretty well to set up and sweep teams. Again tho, the typing and being relatively slow to other pokemon hurts it too much to really be effective. Also this not being a dragon type even though it's strongly hinted at it's super annoying (and that Mega getting a dark typing was just a ??? moment). Not a fan, but I fully expect this to get revived so... yeah.

SWADLOON

tenor.gif?itemid=18918349

Classified as the Leaf-Wrapped Pokémon, Swadloon is a dual Grass and Bug type introduced in Gen V. Its name is a portmanteau of the words "swaddle" and "cocoon." It is a middle evolutionary form. Sewaddle evolves into Swadloon when it reaches level 20, and then Swadloon evolves into Leavanny when it reaches a high level of friendship with its trainer. Swadloon covers itself with a cloak of leaves, only allowing its face to be visible. According to its Pokédex entry, Swadloon prefer dark and damp habitats. Swadloon lives in forests and will spend its day eating fallen leaves. Swadloon-residing forests have great foliage, because the nutrients Swadloon produces from fallen leaves nourish plant life. As for battles, Swadloon's highest stats are its Defense and Special Defense, but its Attack and Speed become its best stats after it evolves. Ash caught a Sewaddle in the anime, and it evolved into a Swadloon too. So, Ash's Swadloon had a time to shine in the anime before it eventually evolved into a Leavanny. Sorry to fans for its elimination (specifically Derek), but out Swadloon goes from the rankdown.

PAWNIARD

07de212504cf5e2912c40df3e727df17e57e1fd5

Pawniard is a dual Dark and Steel type introduced in Gen V. Classified as the Sharp Blade Pokémon, Pawniard is a small warrior-like Pokémon that can later evolve into Bisharp when it reaches level 52. According to its Pokédex entry, Pawniard will use river stones to keep the cutting edges of the blades covering its body sharp. In addition, wild Pawniard will serve under the command of a Bisharp. Bisharp lead groups of Pawniard, and I bet this was featured in the anime. I'm not sure though since I stopped watching the anime by the time Gen V came around. Anyway, an interesting bit of trivia about Pawniard and Bisharp is that they are the only Pokémon with the dual Dark and Steel typing. Sorry to any fans for its elimination.

ESPURR

tumblr_n57t743pVq1qf8rnjo1_500.gifv

Espurr is a Psychic type introduced in Gen VI. Classified as the Restraint Pokémon, Espurr is a gray, feline Pokémon that can later evolve into Meowstic when it reaches level 25. According to the Pokédex, Espurr has enough psychic power to blast away everything within 300 feet of it. However, it won't have any control over this dangerous power. As a result, Espurr will have a perpetual blank expression on its face as it focuses on containing its power. Well, Espurr is smiling in the gif above, so I guess its expression can change in the anime at least. Anyway, Espurr is decent in battle, but there are more useful Psychic Pokémon out there. Sorry to any fans for its elimination. 

CLAUNCHER

tumblr_n3hhw3HYJd1rsrk2xo1_r1_500.gifv

When you combine the words "claw" and "launcher," you get the Pokémon Clauncher. Classified as the Water Gun Pokémon, Clauncher's design seems to be based on the pistol shrimp. Clauncher is a Water type that can later evolve into Clawitzer when it reaches level 37. According to the Pokédex, Clauncher can expel water like a pistol shot. As well, the meat inside its claw is said to be delicious. It's always unsettling when it's mentioned how some Pokémon are consumed like food in the Pokémon universe. As for battles, Clauncher has a high Special Attack stat and a pretty good ability in Mega Launcher. However, it's more useful after it evolves. Sorry to any fans for its elimination.    

PALOSSAND

61574.gif

Classified as the Sand Castle Pokémon, Palossand is a dual Ghost and Ground type introduced in Gen VII. It is the evolved form of Sandygast, which Sandygast evolves into once it reaches level 42. Palossand is a very villainous Pokémon, which its Pokédex entries make clear. A lot of Ghost type Pokémon have a dark history, and it said that Palossand eats small Pokémon and drains away their souls while they're still alive. So, Pokémon in the Alola region will be better off avoiding beaches where Palossand reside. Palossand strikes without warning as it controls the sand - whether by pulling them down like quicksand or trapping them in a sandstorm. Palossand also has the nickname the Beach Nightmare. Anyway, as for battles, Palossand has a unique typing, but it has quite a few weaknesses: Water, Grass, Ice, Ghost, and Dark. Palossand isn't one of my favorite Pokemon, so out it goes from the rankdown.