Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Ekans

Ekans - Album on Imgur

Well at least I got to cut some Gen 1's, not as many as I would like but I will take it I suppose.  Ekans was the mascot of Jessie from Team rocket.  Ekans spelled backwards is Snake, and as a result it makes sense that Ekans is the first snake pokemon in the series.  It is a poison type pokemon.  Ekans has worse stats then mant starters, and is found later in the game.  I don't think I have ever seriously used an Ekans in a team, its not a great pokemon.  Its best stats aere its attack and speed.  

Dodrio

Dodrio | Smogon Forums

Dodrio is the final evolution of Doduo.  Its basically on par with other Normal/Flying type birds from the first gen final evolutions Fearow and Pidgeot, just way less cool looking.  In fact Dodrio is sort of dumb looking.  Its a three headed bird thats not good for the end game.  Dodrio has great Speed and attack, so you could use it in place either of the other birds I previously mentioned on your team.   Due to its typing Dodrio is immune to ghost and ground moves.  It is only weak to rock, ice and electric attacks.  it is strong against grass and bug. 

NOMINATIONS

Cacnea

Chatot

Swadloon 

Eelektross - (Saved)

Pawniard

Espurr 
Clauncher 

Pumpkaboo
Wishiwashi 

Salandit 

Palossand 

Togedemaru - (Saved)

Perrserker

Safari Balls left:

Hayden - 4

Sola - 4

Nico - 3

Victoria - 2

Steven - 2

Bk - 1

Cloyster

National PokeDex — Cloyster [Bivalve Pokemon] “Its shell is...

Another gen 1 pokemon.  If a Shelldor decides to not attach itself to a slowpoke, it can always evolve on its own with a water stone.  Doing so gives you cloyster, a water and ice dual typed oyster.  I went back and forth on Cloyster as a kid, and tried to use it on a playthrough or two.  That said, I just don't find it a good pokemon.  While it has solid defenses, and was good in first Gen because of that, its only resistant to water and ice moves.  It has 4 weaknesses and isn't an overly strong pokemon.  I always prefered Starmie or Blastoise as my water pokemon of choice.  However its STAB with Icebeam can make it useful in a couple situations.

Rhyhorn

Pokemon my awful rhyhorn GIF - Find on GIFER

This was the one pokemon I was hoping to eliminate.  I dont know why, but I have never liked Rhyhorn.  I like its monstrous evolution Rhyperior, but I think I am in the minority.  Rhyhorn evolves into Rhydon at level 42, which evolves into Rhyperior after being traded with the Protector.  Rhyhorn is a ground/rock pokemon which is a very bad type combination.  Not only does it have 6 weaknesses, but it also is extremely vulnerable to water and grass, two of the most common types.  Needless to say, until it got its last evolution, it never had a place on my team.  I prefered Geodudes evolutionary line.

Electabuzz

Best Electabuzz GIFs | Gfycat

I was never a fan of Electabuzz.  Whenever I was wandering around the powerplant in gen 1 it was for a pikachu or a magnemite.  Electrabuzz became better after it got a new evolution in Gen 4, as Electavire is awesome.  Elekid did nothing for me as a baby evolution.  Electabuzz is an eelctric type pokemon with the static ability.  I think I prefer its hidden ability Vital Spirits though.  Electabuzz is a fine pokemon stat-wise for the first gen, but it loses its luster after that.  It definitely needed the evolution.  Electabuzz makes a solid special attacker with great speed and special attack.  Just not my preference.

Kabuto

Pokemon Kabuto GIF - Pokemon Kabuto RedEyes - Discover & Share GIFs

Last one,  solid.  Feel bad now for everyone who is stuck doing more write ups!  Kabuto at one point was my prefered option of the two starter fossil pokemon.  Its evolution Kabutops is sick looking.  However as Twitch plays pokemon happened, I stand firmly behind Lord Helix.  Kabuto is a rock and water type pokemon that is revives from the dome fossil.  It evolves at level 40, and makes is a solid team member if you dont have a rock or water type on your team,.  Just don't let a grass type near it, Kabuto will feint.  It also sort of reminds me of Paras.

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 5 (Steven's Noms)

NOMINATIONS

Cacnea

Chatot

Swadloon 

Eelektross - (Saved)

Pawniard

Espurr 
Clauncher 

Pumpkaboo
Wishiwashi 

Salandit - (Saved)

Palossand 

Togedemaru - (Saved)

Perrserker

Safari Balls left:

Hayden - 4

Sola - 4

Nico - 2

Victoria - 2

Steven - 2

Bk - 1

NOMINATIONS

Cacnea

Chatot

Swadloon 

Eelektross - (Saved)

Pawniard

Espurr 
Clauncher 

Pumpkaboo - (Saved)
Wishiwashi 

Salandit - (Saved)

Palossand 

Togedemaru - (Saved)

Perrserker

Safari Balls left:

Hayden - 4

Sola - 3

Nico - 2

Victoria - 2

Steven - 2

Bk - 1

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

I know that people don't have to use all their Safari Balls if they don't want, but it would be hilarious if literally all of Megan's noms were saved automatically haha

well 1 more save from someone and that can happen :P 

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I know that people don't have to use all their Safari Balls if they don't want, but it would be hilarious if literally all of Megan's noms were saved automatically haha

tbh im more like “if more leave that i don’t care about the game moves faster” rn