The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 hours ago, echoap said:

Glad someone asked. She's got battle fodder written all over her tbh. I'd say her best chance to stay will be to become John's obsession of the season (like Celia Babini/Bailey/Mandy) but seems like there's gonna be a lot of competition in that role this season :haha:. An inexperienced coach like Nick miiiight steal her though. :thumbs:

I completely disagree. An experienced coach like John wouldn't use his only block on someone that's "battle fodder", just saying 🙄

Besides, judging by her covers on IG, she's definitely very talented 🤩

Edited by disney1024

26 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I see a Liam St. John type of elimination for Connor. :giggle:

I hope it doesn´t happen, but at the same time Blake has a lot of my favorites, so I will obviously lose some in the battles. He´s probably going against Jordan, who is another favorite of mine. I would prefer Connor to stay though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I completely disagree. An experienced coach like John wouldn't use his only block on someone that's "battle fodder", just saying 🙄

Nelson Cade III comes to mind. John didn´t exactly drop him as a whole but sent him to the dreaded 4 way KO, and I´m pretty sure he knew he had no chance of winning, so, everything is possible.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

This is probably my fault for using "inexperienced" to describe Nick's coaching. I have a much better word  to describe Nick and John's coaching but we need to keep this thread PG, you know. :haha:

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Nelson Cade III comes to mind. John didn´t exactly drop him as a whole but sent him to the dreaded 4 way KO, and I´m pretty sure he knew he had no chance of winning, so, everything is possible.

John usually takes his blocks far

Julian King - Cross Battles

Max Boyle - Top 13

Nelson Cade III - Knockouts

John Holiday - Finale

So Ciana might be Knockout Elimination

Kelly Blocks

Hannah Goebel - Battle Elim

Kymberli Joye - Semifinals

Rizzi Myers - Battle Elim

Marybeth Byrd - Semifinals

Samantha Howell - Knockout Elim

Cami Clune - Semifinals

So Kenzie will probably make finals/semifinals

Blake Blocks

Brition Buchanan - Finals

Keith Paluso - Live Playoffs

Gyth Rigdon - Finals

Katie Kadan - Finals

Joei Fulco - Live Playoffs

Taryn Papa - Live Playoffs

So Gean Garcia might make finals but also could be eliminated at live playoffs

Nick 

Arei Moon - Live playoffs

Cam Anthony who knows

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, echoap said:

This is probably my fault for using "inexperienced" to describe Nick's coaching. I have a much better word  to describe Nick and John's coaching but we need to keep this thread PG, you know. :haha:

I haven’t found any problem with Nick’s coaching. :lmao:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I haven’t found any problem with Nick’s coaching. :lmao:

I saw this coming so I'm just gonna quote a bit of an old post to explain what "coaching" on the show means to me 😂

On 5/20/2020 at 2:38 PM, echoap said:

Imo, the coaches' main job is to provide a safe environment for their contestants, along with the ability to make them look appealing for the audience. Decision-making is key as well, at least early on. 

Edited by echoap
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, echoap said:

I saw this coming so I'm just gonna quote a bit of an old post to explain what "coaching" on the show means to me. 

Oh ok, Adam most definitely failed that assessment in Season 15. :giggle:I get John, but what has Nick done that you feel defies that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

To be fair, the 4WKO was a new concept at the time so maybe John didn't know what he was getting Nelson into. In S19, John's block was very well-used since John Holiday ended up in the finale as Team Legend's representative. 😌

57 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Kelly Blocks

Hannah Goebel - Battle Elim

Kymberli Joye - Semifinals

Rizzi Myers - Battle Elim

Marybeth Byrd - Semifinals

Samantha Howell - Knockout Elim

Cami Clune - Semifinals

So Kenzie will probably make finals/semifinals

To be fair, Hannah dropped out of the competition. Kelly didn't eliminate her. Kelly's decision regarding Rizzi in S16 is questionable though. 😅

Edited by disney1024

45 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Oh ok, Adam most definitely failed that assessment in Season 15. :giggle:I get John, but what has Nick done that you feel defies that?

He lacks the gift of gab so he's really bad at hyping people up. Nick is kinda like Gwen in that regard, he's gonna need a very specific contestant to win the show. I don't think that's gonna happen this season btw

Edited by echoap
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, echoap said:

He lacks the gift of gab so he's really bad at hyping people up. Nick is kinda like Gwen in that regard, he's gonna need a very specific contestant to win the show. I don't think that's gonna happen this season btw

I completely disagree. In the past, Gwen always cared less about vocal ability and more about stage presence, personality, and appearances (e.g. outfits). That's why she never did really well on the show. Before IDF totally annihilates me, I definitely think she redeemed herself in S19 because her team overall had the best battles and KO performances imo. On the other hand, Nick really has an eye for the competition aspect of this show. He had some of the best battles in S18 and, despite it only being his first season, he led Thunderstorm to third place, much like Alicia in S11. And let's be honest, if team quotas weren't a thing, Allegra would've also most likely been in the finale instead of CammWess or Micah. 😌

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, echoap said:

I think he hyped up contestants to a certain extent, but fair enough. 🤷‍♂️ I don’t think he’s going to win either (I wouldn’t mind it though.) Rachel is the only real Minivan bait I see on his team, and I’m not certain she’ll even make it to the lives. :no:

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I think he hyped up contestants to a certain extent, but fair enough. 🤷‍♂️ I don’t think he’s going to win either (I wouldn’t mind it though.) Rachel is the only real Minivan bait I see on his team, and I’m not certain she’ll even make it to the lives. :no:

If I learned anything from 2020, you never know what the future has in store for us lol 😜

Edited by disney1024

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I don’t see how she is Minivan bait at all 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

She's a young female country folk singer. If she emphasizes and properly utilizes the country twang in her voice, she could definitely be Minivan bait. 😌

You say this as if that is an advantage lol 

• Confused 2