The Drag Race Rankdown 3.0

Elliott

ARIEL VERSACE (Season 11)

GaseousThunderousCanine-max-1mb.gif

Ariel honestly really sucks, lol. Like she definitely had potential as she's got some sass and personality, an Instagram friendly look, and the ability to bring drama. But it all just really didn't translate well when the season actually aired. She was out-drama'd by bigger personalities like Silky, Yvie, Ra'Jah, etc, and was out-runwayed by Brooke, Yvie, Shuga, etc....so there really wasn't much room for her to shine on Season 11. She didn't really perform well in almost any of the challenges and probably would have been sent home the week Honey left but she was lucky enough to be in the winning group. When it came time for her to lipsync, she slipped and fell and well she was rightfully sent packing. She couldn't even provide real drama as she was involved in that stupid, pandering Wig-Gate thing that couldn't even really last past one Untucked episode. I have no problems cutting her now.

Saving: Jaymes

Venus D-Lite

tumblr_lk88ohjfC81qbzqexo1_400.gif

Venus D-Lite is a Drag Queen (of course) who participated on RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 3. Venus was the first boot of this season, so she was obviously someone not particularly memorable and also make for an easy cut. I don’t remember her too well. From the notes I have on Venus, her drag is inired by the likes of Madonna, Grace Jones, Gene Harlow and Barbra Streisand. Venus especially loves and is known for doing great Madonna impersonation and has even had some plastic surgery to look like Madonna. Whoa. 😮 On the first episode, she was apart of a Christmas design challenge episode and her outfit was not very good. The outfit came off very overdone. She landed in the Bottom 2 against Shangela where they both had to lip sync to “The Right Stuff.” This was an interesting battle where they were just snatching off their wigs (literally) and stripping off their bad Christmas outfits. :dead: 

tumblr_inline_nk2py9Y3fV1qddzt0.gif

Thankfully Shangela survived and wasn’t a two time first boot - clearly we were ll rooting for Venus to go, or at least we all better be. 😘 And yeah that was all from her time on the show. She hasn’t done an All-Stars season and I can’t say I am particularly interested in seeing Venus on an All-Stars season so #sorry.

Saving: Sharon Needles

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sublymonal said:

@Deeee and I have decided to nominate:

Sharon Needles

Your husband may castrate you but I am here for this!

Madame Laqueer

450?cb=20180202000131

She is being cut because I literally do not remember anything about her. Except when I saw her boy picture I think she was kind of annoying and betchy. So that works to my advantage in cutting her. She is clearly fodder so I do not feel bad about it. Madame is from Puerto Rico and finished in 10th place. Not sure exactly what this costume is maybe like some kind of weird alien worker bee but she definitely is not a queen bee. Sorry girl, but also part of me eliminating her is her horrible choice of a name. There is no originality and it is frankly quite a lackluster name. So she deserves to sashay away. BAIEEEEEEEEEEEE :w00twave:

Save Dahlia Sin because she's gorgeous and I'm all about it

ERt98JeXYAAXP0d.jpg

SCAREDY KAT

giphy.gif 91804548814976193ca891cd44f25c24bd960903.gifv giphy.gif

"I think that I've proven that you don't have to be gay to do this.”

Known as a bedroom queen, Scaredy Kat competed on the inaugural season of RuPaul's Drag Race UK. During her time on the show, she was best known for never having performed in drag prior to the show, as she prefers to doing drag in private. On the series, she started super strong with a win in the first ever mini-challenge of the series - her performance was hilarious where she gave us some iconic quotes such as "I think I'm gonna be, like, shitting my head out" and "That's what I'm doing constantly: shitting myself". However, that was the only memorable thing about Scaredy Kat on the series - she failed to make an impression with her first runway look, and delivered forgettable performance which led to her elimination during the 2nd episode. 

While she is not a favourite queen of mine, I do really admire that she gave it her best shot considering her inexperience as well being open about their sexuality, showing that drag is not only for cisgender gay men. 

SAVING: JUICE BOXXX

Edited by *Chris

1 hour ago, ~Tom~ said:

The Sharon and Max saves. ❤️  (Yes I know about Sharon is cancelled personally but she still brought a lot to Drag Race)

Same!

I don't know the full Sharon story and she's clearly not long for the game, but don't think she should go quite yet, from her show run.

50 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Sis

I love JCs knowledge of not knowing people's DR taste. :giggle: 

21 minutes ago, Elliott said:

What do y’all have against the UK cast smh

Right??? I found that cast as a whole sooo likable. :broken: 

BOA

*photo to add*

Ehh I guess BOA has the most to go off out of these remaining queens in terms of how long they are on the show. I just didn’t care for her. She never really brought anything to the season which I enjoyed, and I felt like when the judges did praise her, I didn’t get why they did so. I mean, being in the top on the first challenge? Choices. Being in the top of the rap challenge when Lemon was right there? Choices. Other than these challenges, BOA was always in the bottom, and then went home on her first lip-sync.

I will be completely honest and say that my attention span with Drag Race Canada went down slightly about halfway in, I think due to Drag Race burnout since we had an episode for the past 142 consecutive weeks, and also because there was a lot of questionable judging. So I feel like I can’t give her as detailed as a writeup as she may deserve. That being said, when it comes down to the remaining queens...Lashauwn had iconic quotes for her two episodes. I ironically stan Kalorie and I still don’t know why. And The Princess is there. BOA is just not a queen that I particularly would be a fan of, but kudos to her for making it onto the first season of Canada’s Drag Race and making it as far as she did.

Can’t complain on the BOA cut. She’s one of the most MEH Queens I’ve seen on this show….. and I was confused how she lasted so long. She never impressed me.

And omgg a Drag Race episode for 142 weeks straight? That is A LOT. :dead: 

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Can’t complain on the BOA cut. She’s one of the most MEH Queens I’ve seen on this show….. and I was confused how she lasted so long. She never impressed me.

And omgg a Drag Race episode for 142 weeks straight? That is A LOT. :dead: 

Agreed :/

Omg I should have said I was exaggerating :dead: Although I think it was pretty constant from the start of Season 12 up until the end of Canada...and then Celebrity in between that. :yawn: :haha:

The Princess

A Nice Clean Fight? Aw Hell Naw. | J&M

Rupauls drag race the princess GIF - Find on GIFER

The Princess was an interesting but forgettable queen on Season 4. I thought she had more potential than some of the people who outlasted her on that season. People like Milan and Madame LaQueer hahaha who were just eliminated in our game. We're already serving justice for The Princess. The problem was, she ended up in the bottom 2 and had to lip sync against Dida Ritz. And now The Princess's story will forever be intertwined with another queen. Because Dida in that lip sync was one of the best of all time. It's a Top 3 lip sync for me, easily, probably even higher than that. Some people think it's overrated but those people are wrong. The Princess, from what was shown, did a respectable performance. But it was not nearly enough to save herself. So respect to The Princess, but she had to go home. Funnily enough, The Princess went home in the above silver hood look, and RuPaul was also rocking a silver hood look that evening. 

Save Kalorie for having exactly one good moment on the show which inadvertently gifted us with Miss Vanjie forever.

Edited by FrogLenzen

38 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I mean not exactly but it felt that way. :dead:

Ooh lmao I'm so gullible. :dead: 

38 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Agreed :/

Omg I should have said I was exaggerating :dead: Although I think it was pretty constant from the start of Season 12 up until the end of Canada...and then Celebrity in between that. :yawn: :haha:

LMAOOO I seee now because I was thinking that is A LOT. :dead: But ahh yeah I felt like so many seasons were happening back to back with little to no breaks. It would be too much to follow. :haha: 

Since the switch to Vh1 / when Drag Race really went viral:

2017-03-24 - 2017-06-23 — Season 9

2018-01-25 - 2018-03-15 — All Stars 3

2018-02-15 - 2018-04-05 — Thailand, Season 1

2018-03-22 - 2018-06-28 — Season 10 (there was one week without new episodes)

2018-12-07 — Holi-Slay Spectacular

2018-12-14 - 2019-02-22 — All Stars 4

2019-01-11 - 2019-04-05 — Thailand, Season 2

2019-02-28 - 2019-05-30 — Season 11

2019-10-03 - 2019-11-21 — UK, Series 1

2020-02-28 - 2020-05-29 — Season 12

2020-04-24 - 2020-05-15 — Secret Celebrity

2020-06-05 - 2020-07-24 — Shea Couleé’s coronation

2020-07-02 - 2020-09-03 — Canada, Season 1

2020-09-18 - TBA — Drag Race Holland

@*Wallace

So there’s been a few weeks off here and there, but yeah... it’s been insane, particularly starting in 2018. The worst was this year when they were airing multiple seasons/events simultaneously.

Edited by Elliott

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Since the switch to Vh1 / when Drag Race really went viral:

2017-03-24 - 2017-06-23 — Season 9

2018-01-25 - 2018-03-15 — All Stars 3

2018-02-15 - 2018-04-05 — Thailand, Season 1

2018-03-22 - 2018-06-28 — Season 10 (there was one week without new episodes)

2018-12-07 — Holi-Slay Spectacular

2018-12-14 - 2019-02-22 — All Stars 4

2019-01-11 - 2019-04-05 — Thailand, Season 2

2019-02-28 - 2019-05-30 — Season 11

2019-10-03 - 2019-11-21 — UK, Series 1

2020-02-28 - 2020-05-29 — Season 12

2020-04-24 - 2020-05-15 — Secret Celebrity

2020-06-05 - 2020-07-24 — Shea Couleé’s coronation

2020-07-02 - 2020-09-03 — Canada, Season 1

2020-09-18 - TBA — Drag Race Holland

@*Wallace

So there’s been a few weeks off here and there, but yeah... it’s been insane, particularly starting in 2018. The worst was this year when they were airing multiple seasons/events simultaneously.

Oooh thanks for all of this. Wow that is really a lot there. :lmao:  I noticed some of these airing simultaneously at the same time. That's a lot to take in when you factor in other shows you watch outside of DR. :haha: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

That's a lot to take in when you factor in other shows you watch outside of DR. :haha: 

Andrew and I when we had to watch American Idol, Survivor, Drag Race, Secret Celebrity Drag Race, Untucked, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Will & Grace and attempt to watch The Voice in the span on one week for like a month on top of him working + us actually doing other things with our lives:

Tired Over It GIF by Apple TV