Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round Announcement)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART THREE

15. Long Time Gone (2002, prod. by The Chicks + Lloyd Maines, written by Darrell Scott)

Album: Home

Dixie-Chicks-Long-Time-Gone.jpg

US Billboard Hot 100: #7 (Single)

US Hot Country Songs (Billboard): #2 (Single)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Time_Gone

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 12

Elliott: 15

Derek: 11

Sola: 17

Tom: 10

Chris: 10

Kaley: 12

Victoria: 18

Public: 15

Final Average = 13.333

COMMENTS

On 10/19/2020 at 1:50 PM, Elliott said:

This is a fresh ranking since I just listened to this song and realized it's actually my least favourite of the three opening songs from Home rather than my second favourite.

On 10/22/2020 at 9:02 PM, *Chris said:

Released as the debut single for their critically acclaimed album, "Home", this song went all the way to #2 on the Country Charts while having an crossover appeal as it charted at #7 on the Billboard Hot 100.  It's also a song that I really enjoyed later in their career as it was never a standout from the album, but I can certainly see its appeal especially with lyrics such as "Now they sound tired but they don't sound Haggard, They've got money but they don't have Cash, They got Junior but they don't have Hank" - I really love the power in Natalie's voice, in the song. Overall, it's an excellent song that I really enjoy especially this live version of it. 

14. Top of the World (2002, prod. by The Chicks + Lloyd Maines, written by Patty Griffin)

Album: Home

Dixie-Chicks-Long-Time-Gone.jpg

US Billboard 200: #1 (Album)

US Top Country Albums (Billboard): #1 (Album)

United States Album Certification (RIAA): 6x Platinum (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_of_the_World_(Dixie_Chicks_song)

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 19

Elliott: 18

Derek: 8

Sola: 20

Tom: 1

Chris: 2

Kaley: 21

Victoria: 8

Public: 21

Final Average = 13.111

COMMENTS

On 10/21/2020 at 5:24 PM, ~Tom~ said:

The live version of this timeless song by Paty Griffin is by far by favorite song by the Chicks and I can't see that changing. It's told from the story of an old man who is looking back on his life and wishing he had done things differently and treated the people in it a little better. Their harmonies are beautiful, the guitar work is exquisite and i's Natalie' favorite song on Top of the World as well. ❤️   

A flawless rendition of this underrated song by Patty Griffin! Similar to other songs I ranked in my Top 5, I absolutely love everything about this song from the harmonies to the vulnerability in their voice. This song is truly one of their best & it is one the entire world should hear, at least once. On a side note, I absolutely love how The Chicks continually promoted Patty Griffin's work throughout of the years ❤️ 

13. For Her (2016, prod. by Jack Antonoff + The Chicks, written by The Chicks + Ariel Rechtshaid + Sarah Aarons)

Album: Gaslighter

The_Chicks_%E2%80%93_Gaslighter_(Officia

US Billboard Hot 200 : #3 (Album)

US Top Country Albums (Billboard): #1 (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighter_(album)

RANKINGS

Gigi: 21

Elliott: 3

Derek: 7

Sola: 10

Tom: 17

Chris: 13

Kaley: 7

Victoria: 21

Public: 11

Final Average = 12.222

COMMENTS

One of the stand-out track from their most recent release, "For Her" is an incredible song. However, I cannot really justify have this song any higher than where I ranked it - as much as I love it, I don't feel the song is as iconic as other songs in this Top 21 notably due to its recency factor. 

A flawless song.

Edited by Deeee

OMGGG those polarizing rankings of “Top of the World” with Tom & Chris with those To 2 rankings and almost everyone else (except Derek & Victoria with #8s) with #18 through #21 rankings. :dead: But really nice write-ups there from Chris & Tom.

“For Her” has some all over the place polarizing rankings too. 😮

Although Tom’s #21 not showing up yet is a little concerning and something I've noticed. Hmmmm.

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

Although Tom’s #21 not showing up yet is a little concerning and something I've noticed. Hmmmm.

I’ve already prepared a statement expressing his dismissal from the Drag Race rankdown if he ranked Not Ready to Make Nice at 21. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Elliott said:

I’ve already prepared a statement expressing his dismissal from the Drag Race rankdown if he ranked Not Ready to Make Nice at 21. 

LMAO I was thinking this would happen ever since about last week. 🙈 I'd love to be proven wrong though. :lmao: 

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

OMGGG those polarizing rankings of “Top of the World” with Tom & Chris with those To 2 rankings and almost everyone else (except Derek & Victoria with #8s) with #18 through #21 rankings. :dead: But really nice write-ups there from Chris & Tom.

tenor.gif?itemid=5069251

• Haha 1