Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

JC flopping hard you hate to see that. :giggle:

I legit only have 2,4,5,and 8 left from top 10 and the two songs I don’t feel should win haven’t shown up yet. SMH

I hope my number 2 wins and I can celebrate gay times ❤️ 

3 hours ago, #jeah said:

@Deeee :ph34rwave:

Also Dee I need you to see this slander (particularly the Ribs part)

3 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

smiles request denied GIF by Wentworth

*Tom's application to join the Lorde round*

I did my part to get rid of the R*hanna round, Ribs can win for all I care. :wub: 

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

@#jeah if I find out that Tom convinced you to switch the Rihanna round, I will revoke your request for a change.  :dead:

I feel that it’s fair if you change your choice your round goes on the bottom of the list.

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

@#jeah if I find out that Tom convinced you to switch the Rihanna round, I will revoke your request for a change.  :dead:

No way he didn’t! :haha: I definitely mentioned a Lana round before I even requested a Rihanna round and while you were gone I asked people if they would play a Lana round and he was one who said yes! Can I just request two :haha: 

Just now, #jeah said:

Girl I’m already like 15th!

Yes so you shouldn’t mind just moving down 4 spots. And I’m behind you and I wanna play JT :giggle:These rounds take a long time. You could also switch back to Rihanna and my suggestion would be irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, JC said:

Yes so you shouldn’t mind just moving down 4 spots. And I’m behind you and I wanna play JT :giggle:These rounds take a long time. You could also switch back to Rihanna and my suggestion would be irrelevant.

I mean it’s up to Dee. I’m not gonna pander to keep my round where it’s at.

Just now, #jeah said:

I mean it’s up to Dee. I’m not gonna pander to keep my round where it’s at.

I’m just messing with you, I don’t actually care but I was looking forward to Rihanna

I'm pleasantly surprised ad happy "Freakum Dress" made it all the way to #13. :wub: I feel like that song gets overlook but glad a lot of IDFers appreciate it.

"1+1" is gorgeous and really liked that song a lot - good spot for it though I wish other ballads in IIWAB and Listen were higher.

And well done to "XO" getting #14. I see Chris' shade at me there. 😘 

FINAL STANDINGS PART FOUR

12. Hold Up (2016 prod. by Beyoncé, Diplo, + Ezra Koenig)

Album: Lemonade

MetallicSevereIrishwaterspaniel-size_res

US Billboard Hot 100 Chart: #13 (Single release)

US Album Certification (RIAA): 3x Platinum (Lemonade)

US Billboard 200: #1 (Lemonade)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hold_Up_(song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 6

Rei: 4

Elliott: 3

Derek: 6

Denise: 20

Kaley: 15

Chris: 3

Andy: 3

Steven: 14

Wally: 16

JC: 21

Lily: 19

Megan: 7

Victoria: 9

Public: 20

Final Average = 11.067

COMMENTS

Hold Up is one of the most iconic songs ever created and I am judging everybody that ranked this low. All of the iconic samples. The iconic lyrics. The iconic music video. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SONG IS ICONIC HOW DARE ALL OF YOU THAT TANKED THIS.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:51 PM, *Lily said:

That yellow dress and baseball bat... whilst still recent it definitely stands as one of Beyoncé's now most iconic looks. I loved how in Lemonade you wonder where the path is going to go, we get a more downtempo number to kick off, but then she quite literally comes out swinging. The fact that she gets samples/influences from Andy Williams, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Soulja Boy for this... three completely different artists but yet it works so well.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, JC said:

The songs at the bottom of the list are just songs that I may not connect with because they are not for me. All two of them :giggle:Looking at these lyrics, clearly Beyonce is betching about Jay Z cheating on her and she absolutely should. He deserves a bat to his car and his belongings for sure because he is the ultimate idiot. So anyways, even though I do not connect with the music, I support Beyonce 100% on her sentiment and anger expressed through this song.

On 7/3/2020 at 12:05 PM, *Wallace said:

tenor.gif

“Hold Up” was always one of my standout faves from Lemonade. I love the iconic intro of the music video especially - “Are you cheating on me?” The music video is also ICONIC with Beyoncé in that yellow dress with the baseball bat just breaking and smashing everything she sees in sight. And of course the song is fantastic too! Hold up, they don't love you like I love you. Slow down, they don't love you like I love you. Back up, they don't love you like I love you. Step down, they don't love you like I love you. :bobo: I always die at the I don't wanna lose my pride, but I'ma f**k me up a b***h line too. Do not mess with Bey y’all. (!)

On 7/3/2020 at 10:34 AM, Steven_ said:

Favorite lyric:

🎵What's worse, looking jealous or crazy?
Jealous or crazy?
Or like being walked all over lately, walked all over lately
I'd rather be crazy
🎵

On 7/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, #jeah said:

My top 3 overall Beyonce songs all making the final ranking? My power :wub: This one is such a unique turn for Bey and I loved it instantly. It’s the ultimate kiss-off anthem, but what makes it so interesting is that it stays super low-key sonically throughout the whole song. Musically, it feels like a super lazy and hot summer afternoon but Beyonce’s vocal performance + the lyrics in juxtaposition with the summery music makes this really work for me. LOVE her lower register in the second verse, and then her voice kind of gets angsty in the third verse but the music stays the same. Also the fact that Father John Misty helped write the first verse is the exact timeline I want to live in. :wub:

On 7/3/2020 at 9:26 AM, *Chris said:

Everything about this song is perfection.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:35 AM, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

Not my favorite off of Lemonade, but like all of her songs, very solid.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:42 AM, .Rei said:

Iconic video and iconic song

On 7/2/2020 at 10:34 AM, Elliott said:

Lemonade.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:27 PM, miss denise said:

The reggae styling makes it stand out among the rest and I like that, but I prefer most everything else.

11. Drunk In Love (2013 prod. by Beyoncé, Timbaland, J-Roc, Boots, Dre Moon, Brian Soko, + Rasool Diaz, feat. Jay Z)

Album: Beyoncé

tumblr_myhpn87DEO1qasdemo1_500.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #2 (Single)

United States Certification (RIAA): 3x Platinum (Single)

US Billboard 200: #1 (Beyoncé)

United States Certification (RIAA): 2x Platinum (Beyoncé)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunk_in_Love

RANKINGS:

Dee: 8

Rei: 16

Elliott: 7

Derek: 7

Denise: 17

Kaley: 3

Chris: 13

Andy: 12
Steven: 16

Wally: 5

JC: 16

Lily: 12

Megan: 16

Victoria: 5

Public: 11

Final Average = 10.933

COMMENTS

Drunk In Love might be one of the greatest pieces of music that celebrates overt sexuality from the perspective of a woman. Beyoncé really did that with this track! Women should be celebrated for their sexuality! Simply one of the most fun, raunchy songs ever made. I love it. Though Jay Z had some questionable lyrics.

So iconic how this was released ten years after "Crazy in Love", and both Beyoncé and Jay-Z still work so brilliantly as musical collaboratives, but in such a different way than the first time around. Like with everything that came with the self-titled album, this was truly so exciting when it came out and of course gave us numerous great lyrics from both Bey and Jay.

Timeless song. Love this too even though we're getting towards the bottom of this list.

tenor.gif

My favorite track off of the Beyoncé album (although sometimes “Blow” and “Partition” could rival it)…. “Drunk in Love.” :wub: Let it be known I will LOVE any Bey songs that has “___ In Love” in it’s title and this is no different. I love how sensual and sexy this song is and she sells it so flawlessly as always. Drunk in love. We be all night, love, love. We be all night, love, love. :bobo: MY PART Y’ALL! (!) Love her delivery of the second verse with the fast and sexy singing there. Ooh and the surfboard part always kinda makes me giggle. :giggle:

Favorite part:

🎵 Drunk in love

We be all night, love, love
We be all night, love, love
🎵

I have a really weird relationship with this song, some periods of time it’s one of my favorites from her and other times I can’t even listen to it without getting annoyed, lol. Not sure if that’s because of Jay-Z’s part? Either way, it’s an iconic song from her that I have listened to dozens of times over the years.

Not as good as Crazy in Love but still very good - it's basically the sultry version of CIL. 

Both Jay-Z collabs at the almost-top of my list? Honestly, I was a little surprised to see it at first but as I kept reorganizing the list, this one kept staying right at the top (in a perfect world, I’d have Baby Boy here, but this wouldn’t be far behind). This song is such a jam, and I never get tired of it. The beat is amazing, and the playfulness of it makes this one of my all-time favorites.

I love the belting parts. 

Really great

All the remaining songs from Lemonade and self-titled should be at the top.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:03 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Thank you Timbaland. 

10. All Night (2016 prod. by Beyoncé + Diplo + Henry Allen)

Album: Lemonade

Beyonc%25C3%25A9+-+All+Night.gif

US Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100: #38

US Billboard 200: #1 (Lemonade)

US Album Certification (RIAA): 3x Platinum (Lemonade)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Night_(Beyoncé_song)

RANKINGS

Dee: 7

Rei: 7

Elliott: 4

Derek: 19

Denise: 14

Kaley: 7

Chris: 9

Andy: 4

Steven: 12

Wally: 21

JC: 12

Lily: 2

Megan: 9

Victoria: 20

Public: 14

Final Average = 10.733

COMMENTS

All Night is such a beautiful tale of rekindling passion, rebuilding trust, and learning to forgive. The clips of the wedding day in the music video + Blue Ivy....tears every time.

I love this song so much. As my only remaining pick from the original 5, I have to rank it highly as I'm not sure if it'll get many high rankings elsewhere. Time will tell. All Night is a song which initially got lost for me on Lemonade, between Freedom and Formation on the record. However the more I heard it, it became so mesmerizing. Really a euphoric number.

I like that a lot of the songs on this album really has a message and is trying to tell a story in addition to just being amazing music. So beautiful.

tumblr_o9dpvuUacH1uqity9o2_540.gifv

Even though Lily and I agree on almost everything, including our love for Beyoncé, I think we majorly differ on Bey’s discography. :dead: I do like “All Night.”   It’s a nice, cool and easy listening song but I prefer most of the Lemonade tracks over it. Sadly this song is my easy least fave of this Final 21 and one i would have cut if I had the chance. :ph34rwave: #SorryLily. Although maybe I also need to listen to it more to appreciate it more.

Favorite lyric:

🎵They say true love's the greatest weapon
To win the war caused by pain, pain
But every diamond has imperfections
But my love's too pure to watch it chip away
🎵

Actually, this is probably my fourth favorite song by her lmao so I really am happy with how the top 21 turned out! This is a gorgeous song on so many levels; it’s about forgiveness and redemption. That chorus is perfection.

Incredible song - I could listen to this song on repeat for days. 

definitely a standout on Lemonade , because the tone is so different. I like the hopefulness of this song, and the message that even after some bad times, sometimes love is stronger.

The slow parts of the song are heavenly. 

Lemonade.

Amazing song. Highlight from Lemonade

Edited by Deeee

39 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Wally not ranking XO last :wub: Thank you king! 

You're welcome. :lmao:  I promise I do not hate that song. :dead: 

29 minutes ago, Deeee said:

:dead:  

15 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

A Rihanna round is still going to happen so you did nothing...

Preach boo. 😘 

2 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Woah not expecting to see All Night so low :( it’s a stunner

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

"All Night" making the Top 10 and beating out "Hold Up" and "Drunk in Love"? 😐 😐 😐 I AM ABOUT TO RAGE. 😐 :dead: 

you could have ranked Hold Up higher!

10 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Poor Wally can't even get things to go his way even in the Beyonce rankdown 😢

I actually really feared this at first as my #4 an #6 showed up on the first set. But things got better now as my Bottom 3 (or well Bottom 6 actually) all showed up and my Top 3 remains.... so I can't complain too much. :haha:  

10 minutes ago, #jeah said:

you could have ranked Hold Up higher!

True but ugh I loved everything in my Top 17 sooo it was difficult on how to rank stuff. :dead: 

20 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

"All Night" making the Top 10 and beating out "Hold Up" and "Drunk in Love"? 😐 😐 

All Night and Hold Up should both be in the Top 3 for being a part of this iconic moment:

5 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Agreed.

Victoria. :wub: 

These should be the remaining songs left:

- Crazy In Love

- Irreplaceable

- Beautiful Liar

- Halo

- Countdown

- Love on Top

- Yonce/Partition

- Sorry

- Freedom

All 6 albums are still represented. 😮 Two tracks from B'Day, 4 and Lemonade.