Times the voting results were revealed!

kresslia

I love data, and the great thing about X Factor UK is they release the full voting results at the end of the season. I want to hear all the times someone connected to Idol revealed tidbits about the voting results!

• Carrie Underwood won the vote every week by a large margin.
  • Nigel said after Pia Toscano's shock elimination that she was never a frontrunner
  • Scotty and Lauren were consistently the top vote getters, with James Durbin consistently being in the top 3. Casey Abrams and Jacob Lusk fared well too, and again, it's said that Pia was middling until her elimination.
  • Jessica and Phillip did NOT dominate the vote each week! From Nigel's tweet, it sounds like Joshua, Skylar, Colton, and Elise were all on top at one point.
  • Clay Aiken won every week between wild card week and the finale (the source of this is old and seemingly gone unless I use the Wayback Machine which, meh.)

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Any more? 🤩

What I do remember is someone saying Tamyra Gray dominated every vote except for one, until she got eliminated?

Also a list of things I want to know:

- the bottom vote getters were for season 10 top 6 week. James and Scotty had their strongest performances that week. Jacob and Casey were obviously in the bottom 3 but were they joined by Lauren (weak showing but dominated the competition before that) or Haley (pimp spot and first 5 star WNTS performance, but was in the bottom 3 for two weeks)? Did one of them end up in the bottom 2 instead of Jacob?

- how did Haley fare during the early weeks when she avoided the bottom 3?

- when Testownage had the top vote. Either she went from bottom 3 to top vote in 1 week, or vice versa, or even both!

- what were the bottom groups during season 14? We know Rayvon barely scraped by every single week but what about people like Joey, Quentin, Jax?

- how well Kris and Nick fared during the early weeks when they faded into the background

- did Jena wade close to the bottom 3 at any point or did she become a frontrunner after top 11 week?
- during the middle weeks of season 13 where they had bottom 2s instead of bottom 3s, who received the third lowest votes? I theorize that it was Jess during top 8, CJ during top 7, and Alex during top 6

- did Alejandro and Arthur dominate the vote before they lost the crown?

Wasn't Scotty like REALLY dominating. I feel like Scotty and Lauren were consistently the first and second in voting respectively (except for top 5 week for Lauren. I think Haley was second there). However, I feel like Scotty probably led every week.

I mean I don't think anyone thought Jessica was dominating. She was eliminated once and had to be saved. This is the weeks I suspect the others topped the votes:

Top 11- Joshua

Top 10- Colton

Top 9- Elise

Top 8- Skylar

Not sure how Casey fared well when he was eliminated two times 

I'm glad you provided sources! Since Nigel was dropping names, he should have just revealed everything.

Edited by joe14

It will just further inflame the fan wars.

The only results that matters is  album, concert ticket sales, streaming, charting.  It's one thing to vote for someone, but it's much harder to get people to spend their hard earn money on you.

From the above examples Carrie, Scotty, Phillip easily tops those results for their seasons. 

17 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

The only results that matters is  album, concert ticket sales, streaming, charting.  It's one thing to vote for someone, but it's much harder to get people to spend their hard earn money on you.

From the above examples Carrie, Scotty, Phillip easily tops those results for their seasons. 

I don't want to know the results because I think some of the contestants should've been more successful, I want to know the results because I enjoy seeing how the voting patterns work out. Also, literally anything can inflame the fan wars.

1 hour ago, Wallowalle said:

I don't want to know the results because I think some of the contestants should've been more successful, I want to know the results because I enjoy seeing how the voting patterns work out. Also, literally anything can inflame the fan wars.

I only care about voting patterns as they translate or do not translate into real world success.  Idol voters are notorious for pimping a favorite than forgetting about them.  Whatever happened to all the people who voted for Laine, etc.

9 hours ago, kresslia said:

• Jessica and Phillip did NOT dominate the vote each week! From Nigel's tweet, it sounds like Joshua, Skylar, Colton, and Elise were all on top at one point.

Just to add to this, Nigel said in press at the end of the season that Phil did start leading the vote every vote once Colton was eliminated (as expected). Jessica & Joshua were flipping between 2nd/3rd from that point on as well.

6 hours ago, Wallowalle said:

What I do remember is someone saying Tamyra Gray dominated every vote except for one, until she got eliminated?

Tamyra was only first for Top 10 and Top 5. Kelly led the vote the other weeks.

Edited by Elliott

I remember a few more from Nigel, mostly about season 6:

- When Sanjaya kept advancing and the nation was in an uproar, he said nobody should worry because he has no chance whatsoever to win, so he was probably middle to low of the pack each week.

- He also revealed Lakisha would have gone home at the Top 6 during Idol Gives Back week if they held an elimination.

- He states he watched Jordin Sparks "climb up the mountain of voting" throughout the season, so she probably started out middle and rose throughout the weeks.

- Carmen from season 2 stated during the early Top 12 rounds, Nigel told her she did well in the voting, but when the mountain time zones kick in, her numbers especially soared.

- This one is very very random, but I remember Nigel talking about season 3's Wildcard round, Katie Webber would likely be included because based on the vote totals "people loved her."

- Also this is not official, but I rewatched the season 3 Top 32 rounds recently on YouTube, and one of the comments said something that I'm 99% sure is true:  on the Top 32 results shows, the order Seacrest revealed the results was in reverse voting placement. So they were in groups of 8, and he would start with 8th place, reveal they are not in the Top 3, then the next person he told that was not in the Top 3 was 7th place etc. (this doesn't apply to the Top 3 themselves though, but those NOT in the top 3 was likely revealed starting with last place). To me it's canon because the way it happens for each of the Top 32 rounds makes *perfect* sense.

Edited by Rijab

5 hours ago, Elliott said:

Just to add to this, Nigel said in press at the end of the season that Phil did start leading the vote every vote once Colton was eliminated (as expected). Jessica & Joshua were flipping between 2nd/3rd from that point on as well.

That's interesting. Colton voters probably fully switched over to Phillip (....I know I did).

9 hours ago, mytake1 said:

uhhhh, ok, I don't give a damn about fan wars I just like data LOL

11 hours ago, joe14 said:

Wasn't Scotty like REALLY dominating. I feel like Scotty and Lauren were consistently the first and second in voting respectively (except for top 5 week for Lauren. I think Haley was second there). However, I feel like Scotty probably led every week.

I mean I don't think anyone thought Jessica was dominating. She was eliminated once and had to be saved. This is the weeks I suspect the others topped the votes:

Top 11- Joshua

Top 10- Colton

Top 9- Elise

Top 8- Skylar

Not sure how Casey fared well when he was eliminated two times 

I'm glad you provided sources! Since Nigel was dropping names, he should have just revealed everything.

I think you're right about when those 4 won the vote. That was the cool thing about S11, every week someone new put out a standout performance. I remember the week after Casey was saved Ryan told him something along the lines of "you'd be very happy with how you did in the vote this week" so he was probably near the top. I guess he probably did reasonably well the few weeks after he was saved until he was eliminated.

7 hours ago, Rijab said:

I remember a few more from Nigel, mostly about season 6:

- When Sanjaya kept advancing and the nation was in an uproar, he said nobody should worry because he has no chance whatsoever to win, so he was probably middle to low of the pack each week.

- He also revealed Lakisha would have gone home at the Top 6 during Idol Gives Back week if they held an elimination.

- He states he watched Jordin Sparks "climb up the mountain of voting" throughout the season, so she probably started out middle and rose throughout the weeks.

- Carmen from season 2 stated during the early Top 12 rounds, Nigel told her she did well in the voting, but when the mountain time zones kick in, her numbers especially soared.

- This one is very very random, but I remember Nigel talking about season 3's Wildcard round, Katie Webber would likely be included because based on the vote totals "people loved her."

- Also this is not official, but I rewatched the season 3 Top 32 rounds recently on YouTube, and one of the comments said something that I'm 99% sure is true:  on the Top 32 results shows, the order Seacrest revealed the results was in reverse voting placement. So they were in groups of 8, and he would start with 8th place, reveal they are not in the Top 3, then the next person he told that was not in the Top 3 was 7th place etc. (this doesn't apply to the Top 3 themselves though, but those NOT in the top 3 was likely revealed starting with last place). To me it's canon because the way it happens for each of the Top 32 rounds makes *perfect* sense.

All of this makes sense. Mountain Time Zone was Carmen's home state, and LaKisha had had back-to-back poor performances in Top 7 and first Top 6, but brought it back in the second Top 6.

33 minutes ago, QUASAR said:

During the shocking elimination of Jennifer Hudson in the Top 7, Ryan announced that she had the highest number of votes in the previous week (Top 8).

I think Ryan's wording was "highest number of votes in previous week". I think it would make much more sense for her getting the highest amount of votes during top 9, when she had the pimp spot.

i wonder if the same thing happened to Lazaro that happened to Sanjaya? and i would love to know Nigel's explanation on Johnny Keyser's elimination and, why Scott Savol wasn't disqualified for domestic abuse. And i also demand an explanation for Constaine's and Colton's shocking elimination.