Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

45 YEARS

45_Years_(poster).jpg

I had to pause the movie I was watching to do this cut/save and write-up. OverIt.gif I've never heard of this movie (as expected from me at this point), but Wikipedia is telling me that it's a 2015 British romantic drama (rom-dram?) that was written and directed by Andrew Haigh! It was based off a short story by the name of In Another Country, which was written and directed by David Constantine. The premiere had its premiere at the 65th Berlin International Film Festival, where Charlotte Rampling won an award for Best Actress and Tom Courtenay won for Best Actor. The awards were called Silver Bear, which I'm sure is a reference to something but I'm not sure what. Anyway, Sundance apparently has their own distribution label and released it in the United States during the Christmas season later that year. 

SAVE: Blockers

Heartbeats/Les Amours Imaginaires (2010 dir. by Xavier Dolan)

CooperativeBlackandwhiteInchworm-size_re

Sorry @*Chris but of course the public nominations resulted in 4 of my Top 5 being nominated, so this is really just a rushed save and cut decision. A Canadian film directed by Xavier Dolan, the film follows the story of two friends who both fall in love with the same man. The film premiered in the Un Certain Regard section of the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. The film is also written and produced by Xavier Dolan and he stars in the leading role. A man of many talents. The film also stars Monia Chokri, Niels Schneider, Anne Dorval, and Anne-Élisabeth Bossé. The film released to positive reviews, but is one of the lowest-rated films left in the game. Currently, it holds a 72% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a score of 70/100 on Metacritic. The film is praised for being an interestingly-styled art film, but critics felt that the interesting premise is lost behind a lot of the flare and style.

Solid work on bringing this film so far Chris. Sorry to be the one to cut it.

SAVING: Hereditary

Summer of 84

i will make this prettier tomorrow when I’m fully in my senses and not drinking. I’ve watched Summer of 84 and is a movie I like well enough. But nowhere near as some of the masterpieces and actual greatest films of the 2010’s that were actually nominated. The most offensive thing is that I expected this from the rankers cause we’re all too petty by now and getting revenge in most of our cuts. But for the audience to not do their work and actual nominate the worst films left. Smh. Anyway Summer of 84 is a suspense film that follows the story of 4 young kids as they try to solve the mystery of some kidnappings of small kids that have been going up in their small town. They start suspecting of a local and well liked cop but are they right??? I won’t spoil the film but it is fun and a movie I will recommend if you want to have a nice time in the evening and have nothing else to do.

saving a separation

• Sad 1