Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

US

scary movie GIF by Us

I was going to cut Martha Marcy May Marlene but I received a request to change my cut. IT was literally my favorite left of all the films left and it was cut so I really don’t care either way you slice it at this point. Get Out is better than US anyway. US is a great horror film though and Lupita’s performance in it should be recognized. The film is about a family who encounter their duplicates and chaos ensues. It’s a must watch for Lupita’s performance alone. Jordan Peele is behind this modern day horror masterpiece. Creepy af this movie is. There are some missing holes in the plot line but still a great movie nonetheless.

Melancholia 

n e wayz most of the movies I care about are already safe/cut so I’m just gonna cut something I have never watched. A sci-fi drama released in 2011 and directed by Lars von Trier, and tells the story of 2 sisters as a rogue planet is set to collide with Earth.

It features a large cast starring Kirsten Dunst (who got a ton of praise for her role as Justine), Charlotte Gainsbourg and Kiefer Sutherland, with Alexander Skarsgård, Brady Corbet, Cameron Spurr, Charlotte Rampling, Jesper Christensen, John Hurt, Stellan Skarsgård, and Udo Kier in supporting roles. 

The film is pretty divisive even though it’s highly rated in multiple aggregator sites, with some even listing it as one of the best of the decade, and of the 21st century.

Save: 10 Cloverfield Lane

Edited by NGM