Disney Characters Rankdown

Steven_

REMAINING:

Horace and Jasper (101 DALMATIANS)

Creeper (THE BLACK CAULDRON)

Rhino (BOLT)

Harris, Hubert, and Hamish (BRAVE)

Strip "The King" Weathers (CARS TRILOGY)

The Grand Duke (CINDERELLA)

Hans (FROZEN)

Flotsam and Jetsam (THE LITTLE MERMAID)

Bowler Hat Guy (MEET THE ROBINSONS)

Morph (TREASURE PLANET)

Hans

tumblr_mzkwfzsAHJ1qh97ido2_500.gif

I don't know if it's unpopular or not but I don't think Hans adds that much to Frozen. Lowkey you could make Frozen without a real antagonist (and instead rely on how fear and miscommunication can create bad situations) and get a slightly better movie, bc the villain would be so underwhelming. Anyway, he's a prince (to comply with standard tropes) and the youngest of 13 brothers. So since he won't get his birthplace throne, he sets his eyes on the Arendelle throne. Tbh I would probably like the reveal and nature of the character more if it happened sooner in the movie, so it could be built into something better. As it is, is jarring and of little consequence (even if the fireplace scene is kinda fun). Anyway, bye! (can't believe my first cut is a villain lmao, but hey, not all of them are created equally).

Save: Bowler Hat Guy

Edited by NGM

Horace and Jasper

U3TUCOC.jpg?1

Horace and Jasper are the brothers known for assisting Cruella De Vil with her plot to kidnap and murder puppies in One Hundred and One Dalmatians. They are only in it for the money, and lack any moral compass as they will do whatever they can to bring in cash.  Horace seems to be the smarter of the two, as he would sometimes guess what the plans of the Dalmatians were, while Jasper would disregard that by saying dogs couldn't be that smart. Questioning a dog's intelligence is strike two, Jasper. I forgot they actually don't like Cruella, and even throw her under the bus in the sequel to excuse themselves from her evil plot. It's a little late for me, Horace. Anyone who wants to cause innocent animals harm is no friend of mine, so I will instead excuse them from this rankdown.  Cruella will do just fine representing the villain role from this movie on her own.

Saving: Harris, Hubert, and Hamish

78f13838878d428ddd798cd88c72d1a0.gif

Strip "The King" Weathers

Strip Weathers | Pixar Wiki | Fandom

From the movie Cars (2006)

Voiced by Richard Petty, who is apparently is a retired NASCAR driver, and "statistically, he is the most accomplished driver in the history of the sport, and is one of the most respected figures in motorsports as a whole." 

MV5BMTYyODY0OTcyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTE1MDc2OQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,665,1000_AL_.jpg

Anyway, it's not that I dislike this character, it's that we might as well get started on parsing down the Cars series, which has a shocking number of films. I mean, I'd probably save the main characters this early in the rankdown, but this character isn't main enough to be saved. Like the voice actor in real life, The King is a super successful racer in the Cars world, and I think Lightning McQueen idolizes him or something. Actually, I think it was more that Lightning imagined himself being in The King's place and having all the sponsorships, adoration, and attention. Lightning, Chick, and The King all tie for first place at the beginning of the movie, and they have a tie breaker race at the end of the movie. At the tie breaker race is the scene where Chick causes The King to crash and it's all dramatic... look, Pixar is amazing at getting people to care about characters and inanimate objects etc., but I just didn't feel anything for this car. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong. Oh well. At least he didn't die or anything, because a car funeral would be... extra. But really it's not so much about The King's crash itself as it is about the catalyst to Lightning showing character growth. 

Save: Flotsam and Jetsam (THE LITTLE MERMAID)

Edited by FrogLenzen

RHINO

500full-rhino-the-hamster.jpg

Who is Rhino? He is an hamster featured in "Bolt", a Disney movie released in 2008. We know very little about Rhino but we know that he is Bolt's biggest fan - he has memorized every episode of Bolt's tv show. Luckily for him, he meets Bolt & Mittens where he decides to join them on their mission to find Penny - he is certainly not the smartest character but he somehow managed to help them, not sure how he helped them as I've never seen Bolt. But to me, it seems that he may be the character that the audience fell in love considering that he had its own short movie known as Super Rhino in which he find himself with some superpowers - he's a cute hamster but seems to not be adding much to the Disney universe. 

SAVING:  THE GRAND DUKE

Creeper (The Black Cauldron)

latest?cb=20180930152631

The two I’m left with are actually from two of the few movies on this list I haven’t seen. I’ll have to remedy that with Disney+ soon! I quickly read descriptions and I’m cutting the character I feel I’d like less based on that. Creeper is a character from The Black Cauldron that serves as the lead henchman to the villain, The Horned King. This means he often gets blamed and takes the brunt of The Horned King’s abuse when things don’t go to plan. Throughout the course of the movie, we see him get choked several times. It’s to the point where he strangles himself after one mistake later in the movie. While he is clearly the King’s first in command, the other soldiers have no respect for him. We often see them mocking and bullying him. At the end of the movie, when the King meets his demise, we see that Creeper wasn’t as undyingly loyal to his master as we thought. He is pleased to see The Horned King die, and we last see him fleeing the castle. Honestly, it’s probably one of the happier endings a villain gets in a Disney movie. I’m definitely going to check out The Black Cauldron next time I’m scrolling for something to watch on Disney+. It sounds different from the typical Disney movie.

Saving: Morph (Treasure Planet)

Edited by ~*8Kay8*~

These noms couldn't be more random if I tried (and a few actual targets thrown in there)

Fred (BIG HERO 6)

Red (CARS)

Shu Todoroki (CARS)

Fish Out of Water (CHICKEN LITTLE)

Prince Charming (CINDERELLA)

The Crows (DUMBO)

Charlie (FINDING DORY)

Jenny (FINDING DORY)

Nash and Ramsey (THE GOOD DINOSAUR)

Mr. Centipede (JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH)

Horace Horsecollar (MICKEY AND FRIENDS)

Art (MONSTERS UNIVERSITY)

The Lost Boys (PETER PAN)

Stromboli (PINOCCHIO)

Nero and Brutus (THE RESCUERS)

Prince Phillip (SLEEPING BEAUTY)

The Prince (SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS)

José Carioca (THE THREE CABALLEROS)

giphy.gif

The Crows (Dumbo)

I wrote a whole thing on Dumbo for the Disney movie rankdown when I was a member of the public and not even in the rankdown. But Dumbo's Crows are some of the most openly of its time casual yet explicit racism in early Disney films. I mean in the early scripts, the main crow was known as Jim Crow that was later changed to Dandy Crow which is not much better! Dandy Crow is also voiced by white man Cliff Edwards who is best known for voicing Jiminy Cricket essentially doing a vocal black face. While the other crows were actually voiced by black men including James Baskett who famously (of infamously) played Uncle Remus in Song of the South, that doesn't really make the crows any better. While they sing one of the most famous songs, I don't think the crows, like other aspects of minstrelsy that was popular pre-1950s, have aged that well into the 21st century. And for that I am cutting the crows.

Saving: José Carioca

AmazingBlueHuemul-small.gif

FISH OUT OF WATER

da37f409742aae4df5419ab3bbfaf107.gif

Best known for being a goldfish who wars a scuba helmet, he is a character featured in Chicken Little - I always forget that "Chicken Little" is a Disney movie. As he is unable to speak, he relies on showcasing his feelings by acting them out. He is not afraid of anything, and he is certainly not shy.  He is close friends with Oakey Oaks, Runt, and Abby where they help Chicken Little throughout the movie. Honestly, there's not much point to Fish Out Of A Water as a character - he is essentially in the movie as a comic relief, just like the majority of the lesser known characters. 

SAVING: PRINCE CHARMING (CINDERELLA)

Edited by *Chris

Horace Horsecollar

tumblr_n4g6tdVZtU1s2wio8o1_500.gif

I know literally next to nothing about him so I figured he was the safest bet to cut. And when looking at the main list I see that Mortimer Mouse, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (which was actually Disney's first characters created), Steamboat Willie, Clara Cluck and Ludwig Von Drake were not included to name a few. How did we not include Elliott from Pete's Dragon? I really wish I wasn't in the hospital while applications were happening because I would have had so many submissions and suggestions. :haha: And how is Powerline under Mickey Mouse and Friends? He is a from A Goofy Movie. I guess there was no where else to put him. :giggle:I'm getting off-topic. Let me actually talk about Horace. I know of Horace Horsecollar but he is a character that for many has faded over time. Horace is a tall anthropomorphic black horse and is one of Mickey Mouse's best friends. He would accompany Mikcey on his many adventures before Goofy took over in 1932. So he was like Goofy before Goofy. Horace first appeared as Mickey's plow horse in the 1929 cartoon The Plowboy. He appeared in many Disney shorts with the OG Mickey and the gang. His significant other is Clarabelle Cow. He appeared in some theatrical releases such as Mickey's Christmas Carol, Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Prince and the Pauper. Even though he made his appearance before Donald and Goofy he leaves this rankdown as one of the first causalities. Wish Clarabelle Cow good luck, Horace!

SAVING: Prince Phillip

Edited by 1234567890