ALEX: 11

DEE: 11

DENISE: 11
DEREK: 13

NICO: 16

VICTORIA: 25

MEGAN

source.gif

The decade before and after the Disney Renaissance produced some of their most interesting and experimental movies of all time. And there is no doubt that of all these movies, Lilo & Stitch is the one that stands above the rest as their best. And not taking into consideration their Pixar and Ghibli collaborations, Lilo & Stitch may very well be my favorite Disney movie. I usually hesitate to call anything a favorite because I don't like to be so definitive and then have something else come to mind, but in this case I really don't think there is. I mean all of Lilo, Nani, David, and Stitch would have made my personal Top 10 in this rankdown. And as Dee now knows very well, Nani is my favorite Disney character. And I was GUTTED when he so heartlessly cut her even though I was away!!!!!!

120f3b8ef4ba0364f45a91bbb9d1fd9f.gif

Lilo-Goes-To-Sleep-Hugging-A-Pillow.gif

But this write-up isn't meant to guilt trip Dee any further, it's about Lilo who is a six-year-old kid who has to learn to cope with the traumatic and relatively recent death of her parents. A lot of Disney characters have missing parents but it wasn't really until Lilo & Stitch that we saw characters coping with the death of their parents in such an immediate and realistic way. And we see that in both Nani who all of a sudden has to take on a guardian role for her little sister and risks losing her the entire movie, and Lilo is a young girl who tries to be good and doesn't want to get her older sister in trouble but is in a lot of ways incapable of expressing her feelings "properly." That's hard for a lot of kids, but for a kid who also just lost both her parents, that must be devastating and difficult and I'm fortunate that I cannot even begin to imagine.

HFDr.gif

giphy.gif

In the very beginning beats of the movie we get to see Lilo's character. She's a weird outcast. And intentionally or more often unintentionally she's causing trouble and her inability to constructively channel or express her emotions (which again, hard for adults too! let alone a six-year-old who just lost her parents) ostracizes her from the other girls her age. And thus her friends are imaginary or her dolls like the weird Scrump. And because of this, Nani decides it would be good for Lilo to get a pet. Something to occupy her time, teach her responsibility, and connect with when Nani isn't able to be there for Lilo because she has to work to support them. So of course Lilo being Lilo chooses the most outlandish dog that she can, and chooses Stitch.

source.gif

I think something I didn't realize until I was older was that the relationship between Lilo and Stitch mirrors the relationship between Nani and Lilo. All of a sudden Lilo has to become responsible for this little agent of chaos and tame him or else he will be taken away from her (not by CPS but by Gantu and the Galactic Federation).

205891.gif

source.gif

And as Stitch grows and the relationship between him and Lilo grows we see Lilo grow as a character too. Her energy is still chaotic, she's still high-spirited, she's still a bit destructive, she's still a little weirdo (or just a six-year-old kid) but she finally has somebody to share that with. It's just genuinely incredibly sweet and moving. And of course, all of this is enough to prove to The Grand Councilwoman as well as Cobra Bubbles that Stitch belongs with Lilo and Lilo belongs with Nani and that they are an ohana.

tenor.gif?itemid=12046666

To sum up, Lilo & Stitch is a great movie that's made great by the three main characters. And I nearly got each of them here to the Top 25. A shame that Dee had to betray me and cut Nani. Or else I could have written my essay on her as well.

CHRIS

17ca0adc40266257f575807e81de2653f2fe0f45.gif 8vQmSso.gif efdcffd4469b27313b471dd566ab8bb01dd54499.gif

When I think about Lilo, what comes to mind?

Incredibly hilarious.

An eccentric personality.

Driven despite her young age.
Not terrified to be emotional.

Believes in the good of everyone.

Very caring of people around her, especially her friends & family.

Lilo is my favourite character from the series - not sure she would fall in my Top 5 of all-time but I love her enough.

In the franchise, I absolutely love her friendship with Stitch - there's never a dull moment with them two. 

As well, I absolutely love how family driven Lilo is despite her young age:

"Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind... or forgotten!"

KALEY

200.gif

Lilo is probably one of the most lovable and charming Disney characters to me. Why do I love her? Because she is adorable in her honesty. She loves fiercely, and just wants somebody to love her back just the same. We meet her as a lonely little girl, devastated by the loss of her parents and an outcast to her peers. The only person she really has is her sister, Nani, and things aren’t looking too good for them to stay together either. When they adopt a “dog” from the shelter, Lilo finally gets something to love that will hopefully love her back. Then we go on a journey with her to build her own “Ohana” from the mess left behind. Overall, she’s a little out there and says crazy things for a child, but that is what makes her so undeniably charming.

ALEX

Not someone I expected to rank this high, but the more I thought about Lilo, the more I love her. Lilo was originally in the top 10 even, but I recently knocked her down a spot (well she fell a spot to rank someone higher, but that's besides the point). I know I've mentioned it in all my writeups of kids in this endgame, but I really do hate kids in Disney movies a lot. Never Lilo though. Lilo is a badass bitch and I love her with all my heart. From the second we met Lilo and she was bullsh*tting her way through the luau class and beating bitches up, I knew I loved her. And then I got to meet Nani and I loved her even more. Lilo and Nani's sibling relationship is one of the greatest things Disney has ever created (ugh Nani deserved to be here in this endgame so much). Lilo's had such a tragic childhood, it's no wonder she's so closed off. But then she lets Stitch enter her life and she finds someone she finally understands, and understands her too. He's a bit ~off~ obviously, but so is she. I wish I could say more, but I'm tired. I love Lilo. I hope to see her do well here!

DEE

120f3b8ef4ba0364f45a91bbb9d1fd9f.gif

When I found out the double meaning of the name "Lilo," I bawled. 😭

Lilo is easily one of the most complex characters Disney has to offer. The relationship between her and Nani is proof of that. Lilo also has one of the best personalities that Disney has to offer. She has an indomitable spirit that just cannot be contained! Lilo is eccentric. She enjoys hula dancing, bad horror movies, talking about creatures, Elvis Presley, photographing fat tourists, carries around her terrifying doll Scrump!

These same eccentricities cause her peers to dislike, exclude, and reject her. As if life is not already hard enough for Lilo, since she struggles with the loss of her parents, a tumultuous relationship with her sister, the threat of being taken out of the custody of her only family member. All she wants is a friend. Somebody that understands her. Lilo really breaks your heart on more than one occasion. Like when she wishes upon a falling spaceship star for "an angel" to be her friend. Or her cries for Stitch to stay despite Nani's protests because Lilo does not have anybody else. Or when she cries at the sight of her damaged family photo and rejects Stitch for all the destruction he has caused.

Lilo constantly struggles between loneliness and her unwavering generosity, refusing to believe her mean peers aren't her friends and refusing to give up Stitch despite his problematic ways threatening her custody. Lilo is just a child that lacks the love and attention she deserves, and therefore has so much love and attention to give, even if the receiving party does not deserve her energy. That is the storytelling and characterization that makes Lilo such a damn good character.

Lilo just wants to be accepted and made to feel like she belongs. This is why she so negatively reacts to being called a "freak," being told that she is "crazy," being reminded that she is an "orphan," being told she is "too young" for something, being alienated by those hula girls. All acts that make Lilo feel left out. Her deep desire to be accepted makes her one of the most complex and interesting characters Disney has to offer. Just really relatable stuff for me, seeing a child so emotionally scarred. I just relate to Lilo in so many ways, which is strange to admit. But refreshing!

Even more incredible is to observe her tenacity despite all that she has endured. She kicks Mertle's ass for being a horrible person, which is an iconic scene that still makes me belly laugh to this day. She deals with all the stuff that Stitch puts her through with a lot of patience. Lilo is a tough cookie, and I love her even more for it.

Can we also mention how hilarious of a character Lilo is?

"My friends need to be punished" is a top-tier hilarious moment.

As is "I'm sorry I bit you...and pulled your hair...and punched you in the face..."

"Leave me alone to die."

Lilo being so funny all the time! She is hilarious. She is rebellious. She is spontaneous. She is sassy. She is vulnerable and tender. Lilo is everything you could ever want from a character. Ever.

DENISE

uov8j49.gif

I didn't expect Lilo to make it to the finals, but she managed to go the entire game unscathed and never nominated. It's cute that both title characters from Lilo & Stitch are represented here, especially since the movie missed out in the Disney Movies Rankdown. :broken: Lilo is really cute and behaves like you would expect from a little girl. Although, sadly she went through a lot with the loss of her parents and has trouble making friends. :( She has relatable moments, such as:

tujgWQ6.gif

I felt that. :broken: I feel bad for Lilo, but she has high spirits and finds a forever friend in Stitch, which is amazing. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif Although she can get into trouble, as any child would, she has a wonderful relationship with her sister, and is a brave, sweet, and smart young girl. Stitch is the star of the show for me, but I still really like Lilo.

DEREK

220px-LiloandStitchmovieposter.jpg

From the movie Lilo & Stitch (2002)

340?cb=20160126070551&path-prefix=sv

Voiced by Daveigh Chase (b. 1990)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daveigh_Chase

Better known as the scary dead girl from The Ring (2002)

Also voiced Chihiro Ogino in English dub of Spirited Away (2001)

Girl was super busy in the early 2000s apparently lmao

Annie Award winner for her performance as Lilo

Lilo is a great character, and I'm not surprised in the least that both Lilo and Stitch are still here in this game. In addition to being adorable, Lilo is super endearing and relatable. She's different, but all she wants is to fit in. She wants to have a family. To be loved. To have some stability.

It helps that she's also hilarious. She has a worldview that is slightly off compared to the other kids her age. She cares about hula class, but also takes pictures of obese tourists and loves horror movies. As we know from hanging out with Dee, people who like horror movies are scary. We also stan her scary doll, Scrump. Lilo and Stitch make a great pair.

NICO

Just to put them back to back somewhere

VICTORIA

200.gif

I love Lilo but there was no reason for both Lilo & Stitch to both make the finals. Lilo is one of the two titular protagonists alongside her friend Stitch of Lilo & Stitch. She is a young, orphaned Hawaiian girl who lives with her older sister, Nani. She adopts Stitch who she thinks is a dog but is an actual alien. After all their adventures Stitch gets to stay with her because of Ohana. Lilo has been featured in many sequels with Stitch and they even had a TV show. I will say this, I did love she beat the crap out of Mertle.

Alex

1. Yzma

3. Cruella de Vil

5. Elastigirl

6. Scar

7. Quasimodo

8. Mike Wazowski

9. Mary Poppins

11. Lilo

12. Mulan

13. Jasmine

14. Simba

15. Buzz Lightyear

16. Miguel Rivera

17. Russell 

19. Moana

20. Jack Skellington

21. Wall-E

22. Alice

24. Ariel

25. The Beast

Chris

2. Mary Poppins

3. Mulan

4. Lilo

6. Buzz Lightyear

8. The Beast

10. Ariel

11. Jasmine

12. Moana

13. Simba

14. Quasimodo

15. Mike Wazowski

16. Russell 

17. Wall-E

19. Jack Skellington

20. Miguel Rivera

21. Scar

22. Cruella de Vil

23. Alice

24. Elastigirl

25. Yzma

Dee

1. Jack Skellington

2. Wall-E

3. Yzma

4. Miguel Rivera

5. Elastigirl

6. Russell 

9. Quasimodo

10. Buzz Lightyear

11. Lilo

12. Mulan

13. Mike Wazowski

14. Scar

15. Cruella de Vil

17. Mary Poppins

19. Jasmine

20. Alice

21. Simba

22. Ariel

24. Moana

25. The Beast

Denise

1. Moana

3. Simba

4. Ariel

5. Alice

6. Buzz Lightyear

9. Jasmine

11. Lilo

12. Elastigirl

13. Wall-E

14. Mulan

15. Quasimodo

16. Miguel Rivera

17. Mary Poppins

18. Jack Skellington

19. The Beast

20. Russell 

22. Scar

23. Mike Wazowski

24. Cruella de Vil

25. Yzma

Derek

1. Scar

3. Yzma

4. Russell 

6. Wall-E

7. Mulan

9. Elastigirl

10. Cruella de Vil

11. Ariel

12. The Beast

13. Lilo

15.  Mike Wazowski

16. Miguel Rivera

17. Simba

19. Moana

20. Alice

21. Quasimodo

22. Jasmine

23. Buzz Lightyear

24. Mary Poppins

25. Jack Skellington

Kaley

1. Mary Poppins

2. Alice

5. Wall-E

6. Cruella de Vil

8. Lilo

10. Miguel Rivera

11. Mulan

12. Scar

13. Ariel

14. Yzma

15. Jack Skellington

17. The Beast

18. Buzz Lightyear

19. Simba

20. Quasimodo

21. Jasmine

22. Russell 

23. Moana

24. Mike Wazowski

25. Elastigirl

Megan

1. Mary Poppins

3. Lilo

4. Elastigirl

6. Mulan

8. Moana

9. Wall-E

10. Miguel Rivera

11. Russell 

12. The Beast

13. Yzma

14. Buzz Lightyear

15. Jack Skellington

17. Cruella de Vil

18. Ariel

19. Mike Wazowski

20. Jasmine

22. Simba

23. Scar

24. Quasimodo

25. Alice

Nico

2. Yzma

3. Elastigirl

6. Miguel Rivera

7. Scar

8. Cruella de Vil

10. Wall-E

11. Quasimodo

12. Buzz Lightyear

13. Mulan

14. Alice

15. Mike Wazowski

16. Lilo

18. Moana

19. Russell 

20. Simba

21. Ariel

22. Jack Skellington

23. Jasmine

24. The Beast

25. Mary Poppins

Victoria

2. The Beast

3. Simba

4. Ariel

5. Jasmine

6. Mary Poppins

7. Buzz Lightyear

11. Mike Wazowski

12. Alice

13. Scar

14. Russell 

16. Wall-E

17. Yzma

18. Moana

19. Cruella de Vil

20. Miguel Rivera

21. Mulan

22. Jack Skellington

23. Quasimodo

24. Elastigirl

25. Lilo

Public

1. Ariel

3. Jasmine

5. Alice

7. Lilo

8. Simba

9. Moana

10. Mulan

12. Mary Poppins

13. The Beast

14. Elastigirl

16. Quasimodo

17. Buzz Lightyear

18. Mike Wazowski

19. Jack Skellington

20. Cruella de Vil

21. Wall-E

22. Yzma

23. Russell 

24. Scar

25. Miguel Rivera

2 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Alex

Chris

Dee

Denise

Derek

Kaley

Megan

Nico

Victoria

Public

5 left

I definitely did not expect Lilo to rank this high! :omg:  I adore Lilo & Stitch and know the movie is loved by many, but I expected Stich to far outrank her. I actually thought someone might cut Lilo in the final cuts too. 

Not complaining though, because I love both Lilo and Stitch representing in the finals. :wub:  Like I mentioned in my write-up, the movie was shut out from the finals in the movie rankdown :broken:so both of them here makes me happy. ❤️ 

8 hours ago, miss denise said:

lol

:yes: 

:giggle: to both of those.

Not okay with me being a big enemy. :broken: 

Yes! Well, there are five public voters, so that's what I mean. 😄 

:haha:  

Awww you aren't technically people's enemies though. 😛:hug: 

OOOOH. :dead: LOL I get it now. :haha: 

5 hours ago, *Chris said:

After a good track record, I am now flopping :haha:

LOL only one of your Top 5 showed up (I think)? You are far from flopping. :claybleh: 

(Haven't seen the latest update yet).

5 hours ago, miss denise said:

I just realized only two male characters made the top 8... and they are both blue. :giggle:  

lmaoo I didn't realize that but lmao I love that. :lmao: 

5 hours ago, Deeee said:

A CLASSIC! (!) 

Lilo! :wub:❤️ She’s so precious and adorable, and has gone through so much at such a young age. You can never say or think of a bad thing about her. But I must admit, I am super shocked she managed to rank all the way to #6. :omg: Not surprised Stitch outranked her but I am curious if they had some vote split factor or something but probably not as they made the Top 6.

Also funny how Alex & Deee and Denise are ~proclaimed enemies~ yet they all agree with Lilo on that #11 ranking. :haha: Alex’s write-up on Lilo has me straight up cracking up. :dead: And LOL Megan is never gonna let Deee forget of his cut of Nani. :dead:

Wallace update:

1. Jasmine (Aladdin) - QUEEN #1
  3. Simba (The Lion King) - ICON #3
  4. Alice (Alice in Wonderland) - Love her #4
  5. Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story) - Icon #5
  6. Mulan (Mulan) - Powerful & strong #6
  8. Lilo (Lilo & Stitch) - Adorable #8
  9. Moana (Moana) - Powerful & adorable #9
  10. Ariel (The Little Mermaid) - Very pretty #10
  13. Mike Wazowski (Monsters, Inc.) - Fun #13
  14. Elastigirl (The Incredibles) - Cool #14
  16. Quasimodo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame) - Like him #16
  17. Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins) - Iconic figure but not my fave. #17
  18. Beast (Beauty and the Beast) - Like #18
  19. Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove) - Interesting #19
  20. Scar (The Lion King) - Great villain but not a fan #20
  21. WALL·E (WALL·E) - Don’t know but cute #21
  22. Russell (Up) - Don’t know #22
  23. Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians) - Not a fan #23
  24. Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas) - don’t know #24
  25. Miguel Rivera (Coco) - don’t know #25
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lilo! :wub:❤️ She’s so precious and adorable, and has gone through so much at such a young age. You can never say or think of a bad thing about her. But I must admit, I am super shocked she managed to rank all the way to #6. :omg: Not surprised Stitch outranked her but I am curious if they had some vote split factor or something but probably not as they made the Top 6.

Also funny how Alex & Deee and Denise are ~proclaimed enemies~ yet they all agree with Lilo on that #11 ranking. :haha: Alex’s write-up on Lilo has me straight up cracking up. :dead: And LOL Megan is never gonna let Deee forget of his cut of Nani. :dead:

I pretty much agree with all this! I don't know if vote splitting could really happen, since big fans of both could just rank them back to back or super close? 

Ooooh yesss make me less of an enemy! :wub:  Love that we all ranked the same. :haha: