Rank the Battles - S18E8

indii

The Voice S18 Battles 3  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which battle was the best of the night?

• Arei Moon v. Samuel Wilco - "Missing You" by John Waite
    • Megan Danielle v. Samantha Howell - "Top of the World" by Patty Griffin
    • Todd Tilghman v. Jon Mullins - "Ghost In this House" by Shenandoah
    • Zan Fiskum v. Brittney Allen - "Closer to Fine" by the Indigo Girls
    • Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins - "My Baby Loves Me" by Martina McBride
    • Tayler Green vs. Jules - "Water Under the Bridge" by Adele
    • Jacob Miller vs. Kevin Harris - "Lights Up" by Harry Styles
    • Thunderstorm Artis v. Cedrice - "Stay" by Rihanna
  2. 2. Which battle was the worst of the night?

• Arei Moon v. Samuel Wilco - "Missing You" by John Waite
    • Megan Danielle v. Samantha Howell - "Top of the World" by Patty Griffin
    • Todd Tilghman v. Jon Mullins - "Ghost In this House" by Shenandoah
    • Zan Fiskum v. Brittney Allen - "Closer to Fine" by the Indigo Girls
    • Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins - "My Baby Loves Me" by Martina McBride
    • Tayler Green vs. Jules - "Water Under the Bridge" by Adele
    • Jacob Miller vs. Kevin Harris - "Lights Up" by Harry Styles
    • Thunderstorm Artis v. Cedrice - "Stay" by Rihanna
  3. 3. Which eliminated contestant deserved a steal?

• Samuel Wilco
    • Brittney Allen
    • Sara Collins
    • Jules
    • Kevin Harris

1. Thunderstorm/Cedrice

2. Zan/Brittney

3. Arei/Samuel

4. Megan/Samantha

5. Todd/Jon

6. Mandi/Sara

Honestly all of the standouts for me tonight were each of the winners. All of the right decisions were made. My favorites are Thunderstorm, Megan, Arei, and Cedrice, but I also enjoyed Zan, Brittney, Samantha, and Todd. Great night overall.

1. Brittney Allen vs. Zan Fiskum - "Closer to Fine"
2. Cedrice vs. Thunderstorm Artis - "Stay"
3. Megan Danielle vs. Samantha Howell - "Top of the World"
4. Jon Mullins vs. Todd Tilghman - "Ghost in This House" 
5. Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins - "My Baby Loves Me"
6. Arei Moon vs. Samuel Wilco - "Missing You"
7. Tayler Green vs. Jules - "Water Under the Bridge"
8. Jacob Miller vs. Kevin Harris - "Lights Up"

1. Thunderstorm vs Cedrice - Both captivating singers. Rooting for the two of them to go far.

2. Todd vs Jon - They surprised me with how good this was. I'd pick Todd as a matter of preference.

3. Zan vs Brittney - Queen Zan was amazing as always. I would've preferred she sung this solo 😅

4. Samantha vs Megan - Listening to it again, Megan was perfect and Samantha had slight pitch issues. The former might be one to watch out for.

5. Arei vs Samuel - Song fit Arei like a glove and she killed it. Samuel was a disappointment but the song didn't do him any favors.

6. Sara vs Mandi - This song was 10x more fitting to Sara but she flopped HARD. Mandi carried this performance.

06. Mandi Thomas vs Sara Collins

05. Megan Danielle vs Samantha Howell

04. Samuel Wilco vs Arei Moon

03. Thunderstorm Artis vs Cedrice

02. Zan Fiskum vs Brittney Allen

01. Todd Tilghman vs Jon Mullins - this is a keeper. Love the harmonies here. So happy both made it!!! ❤️

Edited by mjdolorico

Strong night! Haven't said that much this season. Can't really disagree with the coach decisions tonight - that's been said even less on my end lol.

1. Thunderstorm/Cedrice - Clearly the strongest battle of the night. Both did phenomenal! Glad we got to see them both through. Hoping they both give off stellar performances in knockouts...

2. Todd/Jon - Expected Todd to be as great as he was, but pleasantly surprised by John! These two guys just give off positive/chaos vibes and I love it! Todd bouncing and Jon crying after made it memorable.

3. Megan/Samantha - A fairly even battle. I initially liked Samantha's performance a bit more but listening back, Megan was actually a bit stronger throughout the whole thing. Glad to see both aren't done yet.

4. Zan/Brittney - Zan's one of my favorites of the season and she didn't let down, but John clearly had this picked before it began. Not the fairest song for Brittney, but she did really well with it.

5. Arei/Samuel - Bizarre song choice but both performed really well. Arei was much stronger while Samuel had a couple mistakes throughout. Satisfied with the result, although I would've liked to Samuel last for at least another round.

6. Mandi/Sara - Forgettable battle tbh. I just remember Mandi being the clear dominant vocalist. Sara wasn't very good.

1. Cedrice (A) vs Thunderstorm (A-) "Stay": My top 2 are of course put together :/. This battle was pretty epic, not sure I love Thunderstorm as an R/B guy, want him to be much more folk/singer songwriter. Cedrice I actually thought won, she just made a super overdone song her's, but I still would've picked Thunderstorm because when he is on, he is ON

2. Megan (A-) vs Samantha "Top of the World": I expected everything from Samantha and more and she killed it, I personally want her to win the 4 way Knockout. However, I think Megan was the a true standout! She was so emotionally connected and I believed every word she sang. She went to my least favorite on Team Kelly (Except for Sara) to easily in Kelly's top 3. If she gives another performance like that she may even be in my top 3!

3. Jon (B+) vs Todd  (B+) "Ghost in This House": First thing first, this song belongs to Lauren Duskoi and no one can tell me otherwise, but I did love this performance. Todd's rasp is killer and there is so many songs I could see him nailing. I expected Jon to be pure fodder, but his voice was soulful, rich, and just as, if not bigger than Todd's voice! Was super excited to see them both move on 

4. Brittany (B-) vs Zan (B+) "Closer to Fine": Weird song choice, I feel both girls lean more towards alternapop, not folk, but they did well. Zan has such a pretty voice, but I think all the Maelyn comparisons will hurt her, because Maelyn is flawless and when  people hold Zan to such a high level, people will see her as less than when she's just differnt. Britany I thought killed all the harmonies, but anytime she song by herself I found her voice to be to pushed

5. Arei (B-) vs Samuel (C) "Missing You": This battle was fine, but I think what did them in was that the song is midtempo and it's hard to have moments in a song like that. Arei had killer stage presence and nailed the high notes, but the low notes always seemed just out of reach. Samuel was just stiff in his delivery of the song, yet if he had a better song he could've shown just how big his voice is

6. Mandi (B-) vs Sara (C-) "My Baby Loves Me": This battle in a word was mediocre. Sara was served a softball of a song choice and was gaspy (is that even a word?) throughout. I was excited to see Mandi switch it up, but her stage presence was lack luster, and her vocals while generally spot on, weren't anything I've heard done a thousand times before and done better

Sam (B+) Megan Danielle (B) Best Battle

Todd T (A) Jon (B) 2nd

Mandi T (A-) Sara C. (C+) 3rd

Zan (A) Brittney (C) 4th

Cedrice (A) Thunderstorm (C+) 5th

Arei (C-) Samuel (D+) Worst

Jacob vs. Kevin yawn good montage

Tayler Vs. Jules Sad Face

Jules deserved steal awful pairing KC

RETIRE Stay please & Thank youThunderstorm way overperformed Cedrice nailed the purpose of the songs meaning.  Unpop Blake got the winner of the battle IMO

Sara was ok IMO Brittney disappointed Samuel & Arei got a flop song neither artist benefited Rookie coach bad song choice.

Edited by Starman1
Grade wrong
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. Thunderstorm Artis v. Cedrice - "Stay" 

2. Megan Danielle v. Samantha Howell - "Top of the World"

3. Arei Moon v. Samuel Wilco - "Missing You" 

4. Zan Fiskum v. Brittney Allen - "Closer to Fine" 

5. Todd Tilghman v. Jon Mullins - "Ghost In this House" 

6. Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins - "My Baby Loves Me" 

7. Tayler Green vs. Jules - "Water Under the Bridge" 

8. Jacob Miller vs. Kevin Harris - "Lights Up"