COVID-19 Discussion šŸ˜·

Rate this topic

istersay

On 7/24/2021 at 6:43 PM, sneaky said:

I'm not the most scientifically literate person which is my fault but I got the vaccine because I was led to believe that there was a 90-95 percent I would not catch covid. I thought good because i dont want to pass it to someone more vulnerable. Now they're saying it doesnt stop you from getting it but just lessens the symptoms. I feel like there was no point now. I dont care if I get it, I will probably be fine and if not its my time. My whole point was to stop the spread and it looks like it doesnt do that

well you are right it doesnt stop it completey but if you didnt en upĀ  get it you may be fine yourself, but not knowing could pass it onĀ to somone that is higher risk. yes there are breakthrough cases for fully vaxed people but the differnce is the vaccine will likey keep you out of the hosptial and alive even if you test postivie . saw a story where some Florida radio host who refused the vax got it and died, he would most lieky be alive now if he just would have gotten it. i get its everyones choice but if the choice is getting somehing that will most likely keep you alvie vs the risk of dying, i'm going to take he thing that will keep me alive. but thats just me, im not telling others what to do, if they wanna take the risk then thats their choice.Ā 

2 hours ago, ButterflyEffect said:

Welcome back to the great white north!

-------

Received my second shot yesterday. Other than being a little tired I'm feeling pretty good.

All my relatives are from Nova Scotia pretty much. I want to go someplace a little more ...exciting and lively.Ā šŸ˜‡

1 hour ago, Drew said:

All my relatives are from Nova Scotia pretty much. I want to go someplace a little more ...exciting and lively.Ā šŸ˜‡

Halifax is a pretty nice city, albeit it's definitely a lot less lively than places like Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver. Unless your family is in rural NS, then all I can say is good luck lol.

It doesnā€™t appear as though itā€™s going away any timeĀ soon. We just may have to learn to live with it. Anyone who wishes to lock themselves in their home for years is free to do so. We have vaccines, which are clearly not a perfect solution, but better than nothing, and treatmentsĀ now. Yes, some will die, just like they do from the flu.Ā 

Edited by TeamAudra

Ā 

ā€œ...People given both doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were almost six-fold more likely to contract a delta infection and seven-fold more likely to have symptomatic disease than those who recovered...ā€

Ā 

ā€œ...ā€œThis analysis demonstrated that natural immunity affords longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization due to the delta variant,ā€ the researchers said...ā€

Ā 

ā€œ...The analysis also showed that protection from an earlier infection wanes with time. The risk of a vaccine-breakthrough delta case was 13-fold higher than the risk of developing a second infection when the original illness occurred during January or February 2021. Thatā€™s significantly more than the risk for people who were ill earlier in the outbreak...ā€

yeah that is why they are doing the booster. I got the moderna shot and it seems like at least that one protects against delta pretty well so far. like with nay vaccine it wears off or cant fight a variant, so lets hope the booster shots work.Ā 

Edited by bswanson

2 hours ago, bswanson said:

yeah that is why they are doing the booster. I got the moderna shot and it seems like at least that one protects against delta pretty well so far. like with nay vaccine it wears off or cant fight a variant, so lets hope the booster shots work.Ā 

Theyā€™re doing the booster because the vaccine becomes increasingly ineffectiveĀ over a period ofĀ months. EffectivenessĀ of the booster vs. natural immunityĀ wasnā€™t part of this study. On that note, now theyā€™re considering recommending boosters every 5 months!Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

This, and the fact that we are seeing alarming spikes in numerous states with high vaccination rates, is theĀ reason I think we are just going to have to learn to live with it for a long time. Perhaps the vaccinations will become more effective over time.Ā 

Edited by TeamAudra

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^ Yeah, after xmas will be bad, at least for cases. We have to hope the theories about it being milder for most people bear out. I doubt we'll be back in lockdown, cause they're not sending out more cheques. But you never know I guess.

Minnesota started publishing their breakthrough case data a few weeks ago. Hereā€™s a screenshot, but if you want to see the earlier data, click the link. We havenā€™t been told the truth by the government and the media. Therefore, a lot of people still think they are bulletproof if they are vaccinated.
Ā 

jaGRprn.png

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/vbtcounts.xlsx

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

yes you can still get it fully vaxrd but in not all fof course but most cases like with the new variant so far most recover quicker and have less serious symptoms. most people are still living vs dying like the radio host who was unvaxed that just died weeks ago if he was vaxed he would most lieky be alive today. no one should lose their job if they dont want it, but if the vax makes you recover faster and live ill take it vs being dead.Ā 

1 hour ago, bswanson said:

yes you can still get it fully vaxrd but in not all fof course but most cases like with the new variant so far most recover quicker and have less serious symptoms. most people are still living vs dying like the radio host who was unvaxed that just died weeks ago if he was vaxed he would most lieky be alive today. no one should lose their job if they dont want it, but if the vax makes you recover faster and live ill take it vs being dead.Ā 

Just three months ago, Biden called it a ā€œpandemic of the unvaccinated.ā€ Take a look at the data I posted from Minnesota. Notice the number of ā€œfully vaccinatedā€ hospitalizations and deaths. The administration has downplayed covid treatments in their push to get everyone vaccinated (letā€™s be honest, some just arenā€™t going to do it). Meanwhile, we have vaccinated Americans who think they are safe. I know this because I go into their homes every single day. Plus, just look around. Most of them seriously think they are bulletproof, and probably arenā€™t aware of the different treatment options available should they get a breakthrough illness. This is all a result of political gamesmanship.Ā 
Ā 

Take a look at this chart. You donā€™t need to remind me that the vaccine provides some level of protection. I can clearly see that, but thatā€™s not how it was sold to us.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

^ yes I agree too if the other treatments work use them to, anything that helps. i dont know why they dont push those more it would actually make them look better if they push both vaccines and the antibodies and stuff like thatĀ  all i meant its better to have some treatment like vax or antibodies than nothing at all.Ā 

Edited by bswanson

Ā 

This clocks with what we're seeing in the pro sports leagues. Because they're tested regularly, many are testing positive with mild symptoms many normal people wouldn't bother getting tested over.

Ā 

5 hours ago, FunkyFrankie said:

Does anyone have the booster shot?

Ā 

No... in BC it has to be six months after your second dose.

Booster data according to CDC:

Ā 

Source

Ā 

As of Dec. 19, 60,155,573 Americans had received a booster, or 29.5 percent of the country's fully vaccinated population, according to the CDC's data.

Ā 

Here are the states and Washington, D.C., ranked by the percentage of their fully vaccinated residents who have received a booster:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1. Vermont: 44.9 percent

2. Minnesota: 42.6 percent

3. Wisconsin: 40.3 percent

4. Iowa: 39.9 percentĀ 

5. Maine: 38.9 percentĀ 

6. Michigan: 37.9 percent

7. Montana: 37 percent

8. Colorado: 36.8 percent

9. Ohio: 36.6 percent

10. Rhode Island: 36.5 percent

11. Nebraska: 36.2 percent

12. New Mexico: 36 percent

13. Idaho: 35.8 percent

14. Oregon: 34.4 percent

15. Illinois: 34 percent

15. North Dakota: 34 percentĀ 

17. Connecticut: 33.8 percent

18. Massachusetts: 33.5 percent

19. Maryland: 33.3 percentĀ 

19. Wyoming: 33.3 percent

21. Washington: 33 percentĀ 

22. Kentucky: 32.3 percent

23. Virginia: 32.2 percent

24. Alaska: 32 percent

25. Indiana: 31.6 percent

26. Tennessee: 31.3 percent

27. Delaware: 31.2 percent

28. South Dakota: 31.1 percentĀ 

29. Missouri: 30.9 percent

30. Kansas: 30.2 percent

31. New Jersey: 29.7 percentĀ 

32. California: 29.2 percentĀ 

33. New York: 28.1 percentĀ 

34. Florida: 28 percentĀ 

35. South Carolina: 28 percent

36. Arkansas: 27.7 percent

37. Louisiana: 27.2 percentĀ 

38. Arizona: 27 percentĀ 

38. Oklahoma: 27 percent

40. Utah: 26.2 percent

41. Nevada: 25.8 percentĀ 

42. Texas: 24.8 percentĀ 

43. Mississippi: 24.7 percent

44. Alabama: 24.4 percentĀ 

45. Georgia: 24.1 percent

46. District of Columbia: 23.5 percent

47. Pennsylvania: 21.3 percentĀ 

48. North Carolina: 18.2 percent

49. West Virginia: 18.1 percentĀ 

50. Hawaii: 16.9 percent

51. New Hampshire: 9.8 percent

Ā 

Ā 

NH has the lowest rate at 9.8%

VT has the highest booster rate at 44.9%

11 hours ago, season1 said:

Booster data according to CDC:

Ā 

Source

Ā 

As of Dec. 19, 60,155,573 Americans had received a booster, or 29.5 percent of the country's fully vaccinated population, according to the CDC's data.

Ā 

Here are the states and Washington, D.C., ranked by the percentage of their fully vaccinated residents who have received a booster:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1. Vermont: 44.9 percent

2. Minnesota: 42.6 percent

3. Wisconsin: 40.3 percent

4. Iowa: 39.9 percentĀ 

5. Maine: 38.9 percentĀ 

6. Michigan: 37.9 percent

7. Montana: 37 percent

8. Colorado: 36.8 percent

9. Ohio: 36.6 percent

10. Rhode Island: 36.5 percent

11. Nebraska: 36.2 percent

12. New Mexico: 36 percent

13. Idaho: 35.8 percent

14. Oregon: 34.4 percent

15. Illinois: 34 percent

15. North Dakota: 34 percentĀ 

17. Connecticut: 33.8 percent

18. Massachusetts: 33.5 percent

19. Maryland: 33.3 percentĀ 

19. Wyoming: 33.3 percent

21. Washington: 33 percentĀ 

22. Kentucky: 32.3 percent

23. Virginia: 32.2 percent

24. Alaska: 32 percent

25. Indiana: 31.6 percent

26. Tennessee: 31.3 percent

27. Delaware: 31.2 percent

28. South Dakota: 31.1 percentĀ 

29. Missouri: 30.9 percent

30. Kansas: 30.2 percent

31. New Jersey: 29.7 percentĀ 

32. California: 29.2 percentĀ 

33. New York: 28.1 percentĀ 

34. Florida: 28 percentĀ 

35. South Carolina: 28 percent

36. Arkansas: 27.7 percent

37. Louisiana: 27.2 percentĀ 

38. Arizona: 27 percentĀ 

38. Oklahoma: 27 percent

40. Utah: 26.2 percent

41. Nevada: 25.8 percentĀ 

42. Texas: 24.8 percentĀ 

43. Mississippi: 24.7 percent

44. Alabama: 24.4 percentĀ 

45. Georgia: 24.1 percent

46. District of Columbia: 23.5 percent

47. Pennsylvania: 21.3 percentĀ 

48. North Carolina: 18.2 percent

49. West Virginia: 18.1 percentĀ 

50. Hawaii: 16.9 percent

51. New Hampshire: 9.8 percent

Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

NH has the lowest rate at 9.8%

VT has the highest booster rate at 44.9%

Thatā€™s an interesting list. My home state of MN is 17th in overall vaccination rate, yet 2nd on that list. Meanwhile, NH is 12th in overall vaccination rate, but last on that list. Something isnā€™t adding up.Ā :haha: