Todd Tilghman Fan Thread

Summer Overby

Todd will be doing some prerecorded "livestream" sets on FB in the coming couple of weeks. I don't know if it will be exclusively on the Todd FB group, but y'all better join there anyway just to be safe. It's very fun in there! 😁

74hoWBQ.jpg

7 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Todd will be doing some prerecorded "livestream" sets on FB in the coming couple of weeks. I don't know if it will be exclusively on the Todd FB group, but y'all better join there anyway just to be safe. It's very fun in there! 😁

74hoWBQ.jpg

Looks like I need to revive my facebook account :lmao:

• Haha 1

Todd and Jon will be singing Ghost in this House by Shenandoah. They will close out the first hour.

Too early to tell, but Blake seems to be steering Todd in the country direction. If it gets him votes, can't complain.

13 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Todd and Jon will be singing Ghost in this House by Shenandoah. They will close out the first hour.

Too early to tell, but Blake seems to be steering Todd in the country direction. If it gets him votes, can't complain.

I don't mind him going full country, but I hope he will get the chance to do more than one genre. 

Btw this is him singing his battle song

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Archanium said:

I don't mind him going full country, but I hope he will get the chance to do more than one genre. 

Btw this is him singing his battle song

I totally agree. It's up to Todd to make it clear to his coach that he could do so much more than country.

Thanks for sharing! He sounds better than I expected in this song. And the fact that Blake chose a song that he knew Todd can sing is encouraging.

10 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

I totally agree. It's up to Todd to make it clear to his coach that he could do so much more than country.

Thanks for sharing! He sounds better than I expected in this song. And the fact that Blake chose a song that he knew Todd can sing is encouraging.

Todd is so good here. Good thing he gives a different spin on this song because everytime I got to hear this Shenandoah song, the Lauren Duski version always comes to mind. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Todd is so good here. Good thing he gives a different spin on this song because everytime I got to hear this Shenandoah song, the Lauren Duski version always comes to mind. 

On his FB private livestream, Todd gave a shoutout to the Allison Krauss version of this song when he was telling us about the upcoming battle. Allison Krauss was the version Lauren Duski based her cover on. I wonder if Todd will take inspiration from both covers in his battle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

On his FB private livestream, Todd gave a shoutout to the Allison Krauss version of this song when he was telling us about the upcoming battle. Allison Krauss was the version Lauren Duski based her cover on. I wonder if Todd will take inspiration from both covers in his battle.

Yes. In my opinion, Lauren Duski's version is by far the best. Kelsea Ballerini also has her version at the Grand Ole Opry. I think she (Kelsea) also based her version to Allison Krauss'. 

I'm excited to listen to Todd singing this song from a male perspective. It feels like forever waiting for another Todd T. performance because I'm rooting for him this season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

I dunno if this is an actual X Factor audition or like, a TV affiliate knockoff version. I have to verify this with Todd later.

I googled this, apparently it was the local audition before they going to meet the celebrity judges in the next stage. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Yes. In my opinion, Lauren Duski's version is by far the best. Kelsea Ballerini also has her version at the Grand Ole Opry. I think she (Kelsea) also based her version to Allison Krauss'. 

I'm excited to listen to Todd singing this song from a male perspective. It feels like forever waiting for another Todd T. performance because I'm rooting for him this season.

It did feel like forever since he last performed, which is why he's doing such a good job of keeping the hype going by doing livestreams and stuff.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, istersay said:

Oh, so many things to say....

First off, I noted in Todd's audition that while he performed well, his constant jumping did affect his vocals. I said that if he keeps his nervous energy, his voice would reach its full potential. And this battle is proof of that. His voice here is GORGEOUS. His rasp was used in all the right moments, and I love how he harmonized beautifully with Jon, who I also loved since blinds. You can tell they came into this battle with the intent of creating a duet instead of a battle. I am honestly excited when Blake picked Todd though, because that tells me he'll be in his corner all the way. So glad Jon is stolen though, I was also doing the #HolyHop with Todd when that happened! On to the Knockouts!

Edited by mjdolorico

Watching Todd's IG Live with Jon! Here's some highlights:

- Todd was the last person Jon wanted to face in the battle rounds, because he was so good. They were the last pairing made for Team Blake. As for Todd, he literally didn't want to battle anyone. They both think Team Blake this season is very diverse and each person is different from the others.

- According to them, they were basing their performance more on the Allison Krauss version than the Shenandoah one. They really approached it with the mindset that they know this performance would be seen by many people, so they have to both sound good. They practiced EVERYWHERE whenever they had time, which contributed to the quality of their performance.

- Todd did sort of audition for X Factor.... there was a local talent show in Meridian that was taking its Top 4 winners to LA for an executive audition with X Factor. He didn't make Top 4, which was lucky for us! And apparently he sang We've Got Tonight to get in the show in the first place, which was a cool coincidence.

- I tried asking them about #TeamDennys, but apparently that might approach spoiler territory, so NVM. 🤣

- They were SO EXCITED for James Taylor in the KOs. He apparently was very complimentary of Todd.

- Todd's song list for his various auditions up until the actual TV audition include: We've Got Tonight, Broken Halos (Chris Stapleton), Brown-Eyed Girl (Van Morrison) and Angel Eyes, which was my favorite Voice contestant's audition song, which made me so happy!

- Someone suggested on the stream that Todd should sing Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle on the show, which I think is a brilliant choice for his voice. Hope this happens.

- Kelly is Todd's second choice for his coach, but he chose Blake because personality-wise, they're very similar.

- Todd felt that his battle was his weakest performance. If that is true, his KO is gonna be even more BRILLIANT.

- Todd mentioned in passing that Conversations in the Dark is his favorite John Legend song, which I found interesting coz I honestly didn't peg Todd as someone who is in tune to current pop music, no offense. LOL.

- Todd will do another live tomorrow where he may actually get to perform some songs! Stay tuned.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Watching Todd's IG Live with Jon! Here's some highlights:

- Todd was the last person Jon wanted to face in the battle rounds, because he was so good. They were the last pairing made for Team Blake. As for Todd, he literally didn't want to battle anyone. They both think Team Blake this season is very diverse and each person is different from the others.

- According to them, they were basing their performance more on the Allison Krauss version than the Shenandoah one. They really approached it with the mindset that they know this performance would be seen by many people, so they have to both sound good. They practiced EVERYWHERE whenever they had time, which contributed to the quality of their performance.

- Todd did sort of audition for X Factor.... there was a local talent show in Meridian that was taking its Top 4 winners to LA for an executive audition with X Factor. He didn't make Top 4, which was lucky for us! And apparently he sang We've Got Tonight to get in the show in the first place, which was a cool coincidence.

- I tried asking them about #TeamDennys, but apparently that might approach spoiler territory, so NVM. 🤣

- They were SO EXCITED for James Taylor in the KOs. He apparently was very complimentary of Todd.

- Todd's song list for his various auditions up until the actual TV audition include: We've Got Tonight, Broken Halos (Chris Stapleton), Brown-Eyed Girl (Van Morrison) and Angel Eyes, which was my favorite Voice contestant's audition song, which made me so happy!

- Someone suggested on the stream that Todd should sing Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle on the show, which I think is a brilliant choice for his voice. Hope this happens.

- Kelly is Todd's second choice for his coach, but he chose Blake because personality-wise, they're very similar.

- Todd felt that his battle was his weakest performance. If that is true, his KO is gonna be even more BRILLIANT.

- Todd mentioned in passing that Conversations in the Dark is his favorite John Legend song, which I found interesting coz I honestly didn't peg Todd as someone who is in tune to current pop music, no offense. LOL.

- Todd will do another live tomorrow where he and Jon may actually get to perform some songs! Stay tuned.

Thank you for doing this

OK Todd, if that was your weakest performance, I'm so ready to hear the not weakest one .

I didn't even know that John Legend song, he's way more updated than me 😅.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Thank you for doing this

OK Todd, if that was your weakest performance, I'm so ready to hear the not weakest one .

I didn't even know that John Legend song, he's way more updated than me 😅.

IKR??? 

I actually don't mind if Todd goes for a 90s country song for his KO, that era of country music fits perfectly with his voice.

Edited by mjdolorico