Todd Tilghman Fan Thread

Summer Overby

Quoting myself from the spoiler thread..... 

15 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

6 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Todd was pretty consistently high on Google Trends this season.... which is cool considering he received zero leaks.

And I've been watching Todd's FB Livestreams for weeks now.... he's consistently gotten over 500 viewers on each of them. His current livestream at this very minute peaked at 900+ viewers. 

I know this ain't no guarantee, but.... I'm just happy he's getting so much attention. ❤️

1 minute ago, mjdolorico said:

I noticed. Very aware that social media has been spotty at predicting any results in past seasons.

I will say I can definitely feel an incredible amount of hometown support from Mississippi for Todd. Local TV stations have Todd appear between commercial breaks for The Voice. He just did several radio interviews across the country this morning. He's doing every bit he can to promote himself despite the pandemic, and I truly believe that can go a long way in longevity on the show.

• Like 1

I think Summer added everyone who asked to be added, so yay! 

Anyway, re-watching the livestream of Todd's KO, and two things stuck to me:

1) Todd's reaction when he saw James Taylor was so genuine and funny. He actually seemed excited to be working with him. 

2.) Blake was visibly pleased and entertained when Todd sang. I feel like he's legitimately invested in Todd making it far on the show. Or maybe it's just gas. IDK. All I hope is he gets to sing songs that showcases him in the best light. 

• Like 3

Forgot to mention that although you can't vote on who do you want to go through the live shows on the app, it did ask if you agree with the coach's decision. 91% of the people on the app agreed that Todd should have won the KO. ❤️❤️❤️

SwD9V3m.jpg

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

u803xUM.jpg

Get ready for another livestream concert this Friday night! If you're in the FB group, you get to send requests! 🤗

That would be 6 am in my timezone, I hope I can catch it, or maybe I'll just watch the recording instead. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Archanium said:

That would be 6 am in my timezone, I hope I can catch it, or maybe I'll just watch the recording instead. 

It would be 7AM in mine, but I probably need to set an alarm coz I am NOT a morning person. 😴😴😴

• Like 1

I love how solid Todd is to Team Minivan despite having less pimping from TPTB. I just joined his group page and I was astounded by the fact that 20k + are its members. He really has a lot supporting him on his The Voice journey. I am excited on what he'll be performing next.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I love how solid Todd is to Team Minivan despite having less pimping from TPTB. I just joined his group page and I was astounded by the fact that 20k + are its members. He really has a lot supporting him on his The Voice journey. I am excited on what he'll be performing next.

Yay,  thank you for joining! I was also surprised at the number of people in that group, especially since most of them came immediately after the blind audition. Mississippi showed up for one of their own. 😁

• Like 1

Here's Todd's song list from tonight's FB Live:

The River (Garth Brooks)

Whenever You Come Around (Vince Gill)

(Everything I Do) I Do it For You (Bryan Adams)

Arms of a Woman (Amos Lee) - this cover is GORGEOUS. He should sing it on the show.

Abba I Belong To You (Jonathan David and Melissa Helser)

Chain Breaker (Zach Williams) - if Todd is gonna sing a worship song for The Voice, he should sing this. It is perfect for his style and voice.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

Here's Todd's song list from tonight's FB Live:

The River (Garth Brooke)

Whenever You Come Around (Vince Gill)

(Everything I Do) I Do it For You (Bryan Adams)

Arms of a Woman (Amos Lee) - this cover is GORGEOUS. He should sing it on the show.

Abba I Belong To You (Jonathan David and Melissa Helser)

Chain Breaker (Zach Williams) - if Todd is gonna sing a worship song for The Voice, he should sing this. It is perfect for his style and voice.

Just watched it, I like all of them, my favorite is the Amos Lee and the Bryan Adams cover.

The fact that he belted those note while sitting down B)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Archanium said:

Just watched it, I like all of them, my favorite is the Amos Lee and the Bryan Adams cover.

The fact that he belted those note while sitting down B)

He really does have a powerful voice. I hope that won't be an issue when he starts recording video for the live shows. He kept asking the stream viewers about the sound levels, which tells me he's mindful of how he's coming across on video, which is great. I think he should consider recording on the church like he did today, the acoustics are pretty good there.

The Voice FB page finally shared Todd's KO video, and the comments are unanimously agreeing with his win. 😁😁😁

There is also a LOT of comments comparing Todd to Kenny Rogers.....and that he should do a song from him soon. 🤭🤭🤭

Edited by mjdolorico

2 hours ago, Summer Overby said:

Yes I think he would sound good doing a Kenny Rogers song but I would love to hear him sing something like Iris by Goo Goo Dolls or something similar to maybe not go too country. 

I would love to hear him sing so many songs in different genres, but I wouldn't be surprised if Blake will influence him to do country crossover stuff like Chris Stapleton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archanium said:

I would love Todd doing some rock ballads, but with only 3 lives, we would probably get 2 country ballads + 1 worship song instead. 

I fully expect "Pastor" Todd do at least one worship song. Maybe at the Finale, if he gets there.

39 minutes ago, Summer Overby said:

You are probably right. I also thought he sounded really good singing the Allman Brothers Whipping post on the fb live he did at The Max

I LOOOOOOVE his cover of that song, it showcased his grit in the best light possible.

• Like 1