A black woman never will win The Voice v.2

eidi

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The Kelly competing on The Voice in the example given wouldn’t be a former American Idol winner. It’s a statement of the voting habits of the audience, not her talent.

I meant that's likely why she has a dedicated team minivan voting block on the voice.

Just now, octoberdana said:

I meant that's likely why she has a dedicated team minivan voting block on the voice.

Kelly went on American Idol at the right time no doubt. She of course has always had an amazing voice and was watched and beloved by so many millions of people. Combine that with the fact that Idol was actively trying to help their early artists become stars certainly helps. Plus Kelly has such an outgoing and lovable personality that really helps on shows like the voice and her own talk show. So it's really easy to see how she became a star.

• Like 1

Just now, QueenKalie said:

Kelly went on American Idol at the right time no doubt. She of course has always had an amazing voice and was watched and beloved by so many millions of people. Combine that with the fact that Idol was actively trying to help their early artists become stars certainly helps. Plus Kelly has such an outgoing and lovable personality that really helps on shows like the voice and her own talk show. So it's really easy to see how she became a star.

Her journey was similar to some voice contestants.  She clearly wasn't a favorite with the producers or even the judges.  Her win was very organic, she just caught on with the audience.  And of course they marketed her extensively.  I think part of her appeal as a coach is that she went through a similar show.

7 minutes ago, octoberdana said:

When she first arrived on the scene, she got bashed constantly on Facebook. It’s died down quite a bit, but it still exists. I think most have gotten used to her, and the talk show probably helps too. She’s still quite a ways behind Blake for minivan appeal on this particular show. 

Just now, octoberdana said:

Her journey was similar to some voice contestants.  She clearly wasn't a favorite with the producers or even the judges.  Her win was very organic, she just caught on with the audience.  And of course they marketed her extensively.  I think part of her appeal as a coach is that she went through a similar show.

Her being able to talk about being on and winning a singing show I'm sure has a lot of appeal to contestants no doubt.

Just now, QueenKalie said:

Her being able to talk about being on and winning a singing show I'm sure has a lot of appeal to contestants no doubt.

Plus the fact that she helps many of them post-show. There are certain types of contestants who would be crazy not to pick her. There was one this season that should have picked her, yet lucked out and ended up on her team anyway. 

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Plus the fact that she helps many of them post-show. There are certain types of contestants who would be crazy not to pick her. There was one this season that should have picked her, yet lucked out and ended up on her team anyway. 

I am a terrible singer but if I wasn't a bad singer and I auditioned for the show I would pick Kelly if I had that option. 

• 9 months later...

So far in the premiere episodes (which are supposed to stand out early favorites because of higher audience) 4 country males are in while ZERO black woman is approved. 

I know we will (still) have black women trying to take part in this season like Kim but these initial numbers are very conclusive of what we have been discussing in this thread.

Edited by eidi

1 hour ago, eidi said:

So far in the premiere episodes (which are supposed to stand out early favorites because of higher audience) 4 country males are in while ZERO black woman is approved. 

I know we will (still) have black women trying to take part in this season like Kim but these initial numbers are very conclusive of what we have been discussing in this thread.

In all honesty, the only black woman shown who has been close to deserving a chair (imo at least) is KoKo. I’m not saying black women are favored on this show, but this has more to do with airing order.

I think they're just planning to save this season's token powerhouse for a later episode. They decided to showcase Blake's and Camila's TCOs first. Notice last season, Wendy closed the premiere, TPTB knew she had a chance. And I doubt the producers took the race of the contestant into account when deciding airing order, lmao. 

Edited by FloorWax

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

I think they're just planning to save this season's token powerhouse for a later episode. They decided to showcase Blake's and Camila's TCOs first. Notice last season, Wendy closed the premiere, TPTB knew she had a chance. And I doubt the producers took the race of the contestant into account when deciding airing order, lmao. 

I am not putting the blame on producers lol I think the opposite, they tried to push too hard early black women favorite (like Kennedy, Wendy etc)

But even producers gave up on pushing them as they know they won't win whatsoever so they stopped highlighting them and started focusing on others lol

• 1 month later...

Anyone noticed that so far the very few two black women still in the competition (Parajita to some degree and Kim) are holding back their voices? Let's see what excuses people will say now that they can't use the screamer card 😂

3 minutes ago, eidi said:

Anyone noticed that so far the very few two black women still in the competition (Parajita to some degree and Kim) are holding back their voices? Let's see what excuses people will say now that they can't use the screamer card 😂

Wdym Parijita to some degree? :?

1 hour ago, eidi said:

Because Parajita is from Nepal, right? And some people could say she wouldn't be black, although I disagree (she is not AA, but is black for sure).

People from South Asian Countries are mostly brown(dark brown or medium brown or light brown). She's not from black race. And even if we talk about skin color she's dark Brown not black. 

• Like 1

Just now, eidi said:

Did you see, @FloorWax?😅

Yeah, I just wanted to let someone else answer your question. But yes, Parijita isn't considered "black" and I still don't really know what you meant by her being "black to an extent". Perhaps you meant dark-skinned?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Yeah, I just wanted to let someone else answer your question. But yes, Parijita isn't considered "black" and I still don't really know what you meant by her being "black to an extent". Perhaps you meant dark-skinned?

Yes. And I still can't see the tone and shade differences among dark, brown and black for Asian people, and I am an Asian descendant🤭

Edited by eidi

9 minutes ago, eidi said:

Yes. And I still can't see the tone and shade differences among dark, brown and black for Asian people, and I am an Asian descendant🤭

Lol idk why you can't differentiate between these tones. But you do you.

Edited by Hamza Tufail